Create OST to PST file
Updated on February 18, 2023 by Nasir Khan
Microsoft Outlook, as we all know, is made up of two files: OST and PST. PST files save personal folder data, while OST files include data kept in the Exchange Server. As we all know, there is no direct way to create OST files in PST format. You can, however, use OST to PST Converter to transfer your OST files to PST without risking data loss. This blog post will teach you how to use a smart third-party tool to create OST to PST files.
The OST files, on the other hand, have an issue in that they get corrupted and inaccessible, and their overall performance suffers as a result. By backing up their OST files to PST, the user can avoid data loss and eliminate the difficulties associated with OST files. In the sections below, we've covered some of the most important reasons users should back up their Microsoft Outlook OST files to PST format.
Know - How to Create OST File?
- 1. Open MS Outlook and go to the 'Files' menu, then to the 'Account Settings' tab, then to Account.
- 2. Click on "Change," and under "Offline Settings" switch to "Use Cache Exchange Mode."
- 3. To create the OST files, go to the Next tab, then Finish. Restart Outlook to see the changes.
Create OST File into PST format via Manual Method
- 1. Open OST file you just created, then disconnect and restart MS Outlook.
- 2. Select 'File' and click on 'Open and Export', option and then click 'Import and Export'.
- 3. Select "Next" and "Outlook Data File" in the Import and Export Wizard, then click the "Next" button.
- 4. Move the file to the desired location by clicking "Browse."
- 5. Now give the file name and click 'OK.'
- 6. Select 'Replace Duplicates with Items Imported' and 'Allow Duplicates to Be Created,' then click "Next" and "Finish."
- 7. Finally, click 'Finish.'
If you follow our advice, you should avoid using the manual technique of creating OST files to PST files. It is because the manual approach has several limits, and it does not allow you to move an oversized file. It is an extremely dangerous approach to creating data files manually.
Use Regain OST Converter to Create OST into PST file
Regain OST to PST Converter provides a reliable solution to create OST files in PST format in minutes. The software is made up of powerful algorithms that allow the user to create OST files to PST without compromising the security of the data. The software retains the Meta properties and folder structure during the creation process. The "Message Filtering" feature allows users to select files between two dates. Regain OST to PST Converter is the best option to create OST files in PST format and also can repair OST file if it is damaged, without altering any data contents.
- Create OST to PST instantly
- Easily Convert selected OST file data.
- Provides safe and secure Conversion.
- Allows user to Convert OST to PST, EML, MSG, MBOX, HTML, ICS, VCARD formats.
- Migrates OST emails into Office 365 Account and Live Exchange Server.
- Repair any size of OST file.
- Capable to Convert Password Protected OST file.
- Shows Preview of all emails before the conversion.
- Compatible with all the latest versions of Windows OS.
- Comes with free trial version.
Steps – How the Regain OST to PST Converter software works?:
- 1. Launch Regain OST to PST Converter software. The “Browse Outlook OST File” window appears.
- 2. Click Add Outlook Files [One Or Multiple] to select the OST file.
- 3. Select the OST file, click Open. Click Next.
- 4. The software scans the OST file and displays the recovered items enlisted in the Left Pane. Select any folder to view the contents in the Right Pane.
- 5. After the recovered data is enlisted in the left pane, select the folder from the Left Pane and click Export to save the recovered emails in the desired file format.
- 6. Select the PST option to view the recovered data.
- 7. Click Browse to select the destination path where you want to save the mailbox.
- 8. Let the Split PST checkbox unchecked if you do not want to split the PST file and create a single PST file.
- 9. Select Split PST option if you want to split the PST file after a particular size.
- Default-selected split PST file size is 1 GB that you can change as per your requirement.
- 10. Select Remove Empty Folder checkbox if you want to remove the empty folders in the resultant PST files.
- 11. Click Convert Now to proceed with conversion of OST file in PST file format.
- 12. The software starts the email conversion process and on completion displays the success message as: