Convert EML to PST file Manually
Updated on October 21, 2022 by Savita Sharma
Files with the EML extension are used by email programs such as Microsoft Outlook, Thunderbird, and Apple Mail, etc. The EML files store the contents of messages along with the subject, sender, recipient(s), and date of the message.
In addition, it also saves one or more email attachments which are files sent with the message. Moreover, EML files are also partially saved in text format, which can be easily opened by any users using a text editor, like - Microsoft Notepad and Apple TextEdit; however, users must need to change the EML files to .txt.
Why User Convert EML to PST file:
There are various reasons where a user wants to Convert EML file to PST file format. But we will discuss some common reasons where most of the users convert their EML file to PST file format. So check the some common reasons where many users convert their EML file to PST format and with the help of it users can easily find out the best way or suitable technique to Convert EML to PST.
- 1. EML files can get corrupted more easily than any file format. To get rid of this type of issue, users need to convert their important EML file data to Outlook PST format. Converting EML file into PST is the best way to protect the important data files.
- 2. To Open EML files, you need an EML supported email client, without any EML supported email client you can’t access your important file data. On the other hand, PST is easily open and supported by all the versions of Microsoft Outlook.
- 3. A single email is stored in an EML file. When you wish to store an entire EML mailbox, it takes up a lot of space. On the other hand, a PST file stores the whole inbox of emails, including attachments, in the smallest amount of space possible.
Manual ways to Convert EML to PST file
# Using Windows Live Mail and Microsoft Outlook
- 1. First of all you need to start MS Outlook and Windows Live Mail applications on your computer.
- 2. Now in Window Live Mail, click on the File tab and from the export option select the Email messages.
- 3. After that you need to select Microsoft Exchange as the export option and click Next button to continue.
- 4. A popup appears on your screen in which all emails are exported to Microsoft Outlook / Microsoft Exchange.
- 5. Hit the OK button and proceed further.
- 6. With the help of the Select Folder option, you can either choose to export all email folders or select the specific folder you want to export. Then click the OK tab.
- 7. Once the process completes successfully, an Export complete wizard will appear on the screen. After that click the Finish button.
# Using MS Outlook Application, Drag & Drop
You can use this method, when your EML files are stored separately on your computer system, and there is no EML supported email client is installed to access them.
- 1. Open MS Outlook application on your computer system.
- 2. Now visit the EML files location and choose the files that you need to convert
- 3. Now drag the selected EML files and drop it into MS Outlook application.
By applying this trick, you will be to able open & view EML files in Outlook application.
Drawback and Limitation of Manual Methods
Manual method is absolutely free no doubt in it, but it has some drawbacks that cannot be ignored by any users, if user wants a successful conversion without any issues. Now, let us first see the drawbacks that may be faced by users during EML to PST conversion.
- The biggest problem with this manual method is that there is a high chance of human error, if users make a minor mistake, it could result in data loss.
- The manual method rarely migrate email attachments to Microsoft Outlook.
- When the user has to open many EML files with Outlook, the manual method becomes a very tedious and time consuming task.
- The likelihood of loss of data integrity is also high manually. The probability of a change in the SMTP header part of an EML file and the Meta properties of the EML file are very high.
Additional Features of Regain EML to PST converter
To successfully convert EML to PST file format, use this professional EML to PST Converter tool, a convenient solution for easy and fast EML to PST conversion. The software is peppered with many sought-after functions. Let's have a look:
- The EML to PST Converter software support batch migration and quick conversion of EML to PST.
- It provides guaranteed conversion with 100% accuracy and integrity with no file size limits.
- The software supports Outlook Express, Windows Live Mail, Eudora, Thunderbird, and other email clients that have generated EML.
- It supports all versions of MS Outlook and keeps the read and unread status of email intact after conversion.
- The EML to PST Converter tool migrate your email file along with all type of attachments to Live Exchange and Office 365 in just one time processing.
- The software shows preview of EML and its attachments and also offers option to convert EML files into PST selectively, if needed.
- Demo version is also available to help user to understand the software before purchasing it.
How Regain EML to PST Converter Works:
- Step 1: Download and Install the Regain EML to PST Converter tool on your local system
- Step 2: Run the application and click on Browse button to add EML files which you want to convert in Outlook PST format.
- Step 3: Software will show you preview of all the selected EML files items. Check the mailbox and hit on next button.
- Step 4: here, you can apply filter on your file to convert only selected range of data. Choose PST format then Browse the save location.
- Step 5: Finally, click on export button and wait until the conversion end.
In this article, we have explained both manual and third-party solution to convert EML to PST. The manual method has some drawbacks and is not suitable for professional use or if you have multiple EML files. The best EML to PST Converter enables many user-centered features and makes EML to PST conversion effortless. To check the software's functionality, a demo version of the software is also provided, which can be used to convert the first 30 items per folder.