Published On - September 23, 2022 by Nasir Khan |Reading Time: 4 minutes
Outlook has been ruling the email niche for a decade now. Mainly organizations and businesspersons use it in their daily life to communicate. Due to the businessperson’s first choice, its storage file stores priceless business-related data. Outlook mainly uses OST and PST files, but one that is crucial and stored in the server is OST; it stands for Offline storage file as the name indicates it allows users to use Outlook without the internet. In this Guide-up, I’ll mention a few methods using which you can view and repair corrupt OST file without Outlook.
Why do Outlook OST files get corrupt?
There are several reasons, and probably you also have one for which you’re here and seeking a solution to view and repair corrupt OST files. The common reasons for OST file corruption:
- Sudden Termination of Outlook: OST file gets stored in the server, and when we make any edit in Outlook, it gets synchronize. But if you close Outlook between the process, your OST file is corrupt.
- Virus or Malware issue: Viruses can make any laptop or system a box and your OST file corrupted. That’s why having a good antivirus on your desktop is compulsory, especially if you’re a businessperson.
- Unstable Internet Connection: Yes, as mentioned earlier, Outlook synchronized with the server after every edit you made. And if your internet connection is unstable, it will cause synchronize issue and will make your OST file corrupted.
- OST file Oversize: If you’re a bit techy, you might know that Outlook has a size limit for OST files that is 50GB. If your OST exceeds the file size, then it can probably become corrupted.
So, these are the most common reasons which can make your OST file corrupted and force you to find a solution to repair corrupt OST files. Also, the corrupted OST files can result in several errors such as:
- Sending / Receiving reported error (0x800CCC0F): The connection to the server was interrupted
- Cannot start Microsoft Outlook
- Errors have been detected in the OST
- 0x8004010F: Outlook data file cannot be accessed
Is there any way to repair corrupt OST files?
You’ll find several blogs on the internet suggesting manual ways to repair corrupt OST files, but after trying them, you’ll be stuck in a mid-way because there is no manual solution really available. The only way to repair corrupted OST files is by using an automated tool. You can easily find several OST file recovery tools on the internet. We recommend you use our Regain OST Recovery tool as it offers multiple clouds and secure & portable file formats with a user-oriented GUI.
Why Should you try Regain OST Recovery tool?
- Recommend by Microsoft MVPs: The software is developed by professional coders with years of experience. Also, the several Microsoft MVPs use and suggest this tool to every Outlook user.
- It costs you nothing: You can use the Regain OST recovery tool’s free version and check the tool’s integrity and features without spending a single penny. You can process the first 30 items per folder with the free version.
- Multiple offline & online file formats for conversion: Once you recover the corrupted OST file, Regain OST recovery tool offers several popular file formats to store the recovered OST file. You can convert OST files into PST, EML, MSG, HTML, and MBOX file formats. Most of these file formats are accessible without any email client. Hence you can check your emails anytime, even without the internet.
- Import OST files directly into cloud servers: We all know organizations and users are slowly adopting cloud technologies such as Gmail and Office 365. Keeping this in mind, we also have embedded options to import OST files into Office 365, Gmail, Yahoo mail, AWS, etc., reliable cloud platforms. You can easily import your OST files in no time.
- Preview OST files anytime for free: As mentioned above, regain offers this OST recovery tool’s free version that you can use free for a lifetime to view corrupted OST files. You don’t have to pay charges to view corrupted OST files.
- Most affordable in the market: I might have mentioned earlier that there are several automated OST recovery tools in the market but along with the reliable one, Regain OST recovery tool is the most affordable in the market. It costs only $39 for a lifetime. This means you can recover any number of corrupt OST files anytime, just for $39.
- Free 24×7 technical support: We’ve tried to make the tool user-oriented as much as possible, but we know there can be a need for guidance for users to use it. For this, we have a team of professionals available 24×7 to guide you.
So now we hope you might have a reason to use the Regain OST recovery tool at least once. Below is the step-by-step process to use the tool and recover the OST file.
The only way to repair corrupt OST file| Automated tool
- Step1: Install the free OST recovery tool in your system.
- Step2: Click on the Open option and Add OST files.
- Step3: Hit Export and pick file format to save recovered OST.
- Step4: Also, choose a location to save the resultant file.
- Step5: Now, the software will save your recovered OST file.
Voila, you have your OST file in your desired file format. With Regain OST recovery tool, you can access your corrupted OST files anytime, convert and share them with anyone.
OST file corruption would be a nightmare for Outlook users, especially if the corrupted OST file stores business-related data. Several Microsoft professionals suggest having Regain OST recovery tool in Outlook users’ software list; it can save your OST files in several unwanted scenarios. Top of that, the tool is very affordable and is a one-time purchase. Hence, you just have to pay $39 once and can repair corrupt OST file anytime in your whole life. So what are you waiting for? Have a try by installing the free version.