Nowadays, Office 365 is becoming popular day by day due to its cost efficiency and other benefits such as zero-maintenance and universal access. Therefore, many organizations (small as well as large) are shifting from IBM Lotus Notes to Office 365 platform. If you are also wants to take advantage of the best features of Office 365 and you are looking for an option to migrate your Lotus Notes to Office 365, then I would like to say that you are absolutely at the right place. Because here, we are going to discuss how we can execute Lotus Notes for Office 365 migration. We have two options for migrating Lotus Notes to Office 365 – the first one is Manual Method and secondly we can also use professional method. Let us discuss and learn about both the methods in details:
Why Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration:
- If we compare Microsoft Office 365 with Lotus Notes it is very economical, because the maintenance cost in Lotus Notes is very high.
- Lotus Notes is not suitable for novice users, as it is technically complex and very difficult to learn, while Office 365 is user friendly and very easy to operate.
- In Office 365, all users’ documents are up to date which can be accessible from anywhere. It provides you with a collaborative environment, allowing users to easily collaborate with teammates, customers and partners.
- Features like the search feature in Lotus Notes are not so good, while the results in Office 365 are based mainly on the search by keyword.
- Office 365 has many other features like – SharePoint Online for content management, Skype for Business, etc, due to which many users are attracting towards it.
Manual Method for Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration:
If you want, you can migrate from Lotus Notes to Office 365 or Exchange manually, with the help of IMAP Connector. By following some of the steps given below, you can transfer Lotus Notes to Office 365.
Step 1: Have a backup of NSF files:
Nowadays no manual method is completely safe and error free, there is always a possibility of data loss when using it, so before proceeding manually, users should keep backup of their NSF data files for future use.
Step 2: Now, you are required to create a new mailbox for each NSF user who is having the IBM Lotus Notes account.
Step 3: Enable the TCP/IP port for each user accounts by following the given steps:
- First of all you need to open Domino Administrator in Lotus Notes application.
- Now you go to the configuration tab, and open the given server document that executes the IMAP service.
- Now you click on Ports, then Internet Ports and then once again click on the Mail tab.
- Now, in the Mail Mail (IMAP) column, you have to change the TCP / IP port value status to Enabled.
- Now all you have to do is click on the “Save button” to save the given changes and close the application.
Step 4: Synchronize with the IMAP Connector
Finally you can use the IMAP Connector to synchronize mailboxes b/w the Lotus Notes and Office 365 in ease.
Drawbacks of Manual Method:
- The active firewall and Proxy Server of Lotus Notes may block the Internet connection during the migration process.
- You must manually migrate calendar items, because there is no such feature for auto migration.
- The manual method has a file size limitation that cannot migrate more than 1 GB of NSF file.
- The Manual process is lengthy and time-consuming as well.
- The manual process also needs technical expertise to run it.
- In manual process, there is always a chance of data loss due to human error.
Professionally Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration:
Manual method is not a right solution to execute Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration. It is because; manual method is surrounded by many limitations. So, to migrate IBM Lotus Notes emails to Office 365 in an effortless manner. You can use Regain NSF to Office 365 Migrator tool, which is the best utility for migrating your IBM Lotus Notes to Office 365. Now, let us see some user centric features of this software given below:
- The software allows direct migration of Lotus Notes NSF to Office 365.
- With this you can easily upload selective NSF files to Office 365
- Maintains the integrity of data and folder hierarchy during migration
- Generates the preview of mailbox before migration to check the desired emails.
- You can easily apply Date based filter before migration
- It also has Save Detailed Migration Report option for future reference
- It is easily workable on MS Office 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019
- It provides you Free Trial Version at free of cost & save 30 emails/folder
Steps to follow:
Step 1: Install and launch the Software. After installation, you will see NSF to Office 365 migrator software on the screen.
Step 2: Here, you just need to enter the input and click on the browse button.
Step 3: Here, you need to select NSF file for scanning, which you want to migrate.
Step 4: Now, on screen you will see the scanning file process
Step 5: Once the scanning process get completed, you will the preview of exportable mailboxes on the display.
Step 6: Fill the details asked, and click on the connect button given below.
Step 7: Finally your NSF files are migrated successfully to Office 365 Account.