Microsoft Outlook is a popular email application that is used by most users worldwide. But nowadays, users prefer to open their PST files on multiple platforms instead of just MS Outlook. Outlook Web Access (OWA) is a web based email client that runs on a browser. It is very similar to Outlook and gives you the flexibility to access your mailboxes, irrespective of your location and without requiring the installation of Microsoft Outlook or other email clients on your system. Outlook Email can be accessed through Outlook Web Access (OWA) when configured in Office 365. Hence, in this article we are going to elaborate some useful methods to import PST to Outlook Web Access (OWA) Office 365.
Manual approach to import PST to Outlook Web Access (OWA) Office 365
This method uses the network upload method. So, follow all the given steps one by one to import PST files to Office 365 OWA in efficient manner.
Step 1: Upload PST to Azure AzCopy Tool
- Visit the link https://protection.office.com/ and login to your Microsoft Account.
- After logging, move to ‘Security and Compliance Center’ and choose ‘Data Governance’. After that click on ‘Import’ button.
- Now, an ‘Import’ window will open, click on the ‘New Import Job’.
- Now, click on the show ‘Network Upload SAS URL’ and then copy that URL.
- After that select the ‘Upload’ option and click on the Azure AzCopy Tool to download it.
- Now, start the Azure AzCopy tool to import PST files to OWA.
- Now, open Command Prompt and type to open PST file in Outlook Web application
AzCopy.exe //Source:<<Location of PST files>> //Dest:<<SAS URL>> //V:<<Log file location>> //Y
Step 2: Create PST Import Mapping File
As soon as the PST file is uploaded to the Azure storage location, you will then have to move it to Office 365. You need to create a Comma Separated value (CSV) file that contains information about the user’s mailboxes and PST files. The CSV file will be used to create the import job.
Step 3: Create PST Import Job
- In the import data page, check the box “I am done uploading my files” and “I have access to the mapping file” and after that click the Next button.
- In the next page, Select a mapping file that you previously created in CSV format
- Press the validate button to check for any errors. After confirmation, click the Save button and then click the Close button.
Step 4: Start the PST Import job for Outlook Web Access(OWA)
- Visit the Security & Compliance Center and click Import PST file page.
- Click on the link Ready to import to Office 365.
- Now “Filter your data” before importing.
- Filter the data accordingly and press the Next button.
- Now, to start importing your files, just click the Import data option.
- Soon you will get your data in Outlook Web Access (OWA).
Automatic approach to import PST to Outlook Web Access(OWA) Office 365
By using third party tool named Regain PST to Office 365 Software. It takes few clicks to import PST to Outlook Web Access(OWA) Office 365 are as follows:
- Download and install PST to Office 365 Migration Tool for Outlook Web Access(OWA).
- Start the software and click “Add File(S)” button and choose a single or multiple PST file.
- Now add Office 365 Mailbox as destination by clicking “add” button
- Map source mailboxes with destination mailboxes in this steep and click on “Set Filter and Migrate”.
- Choose the type of migration amongst Archive Mailbox, Mailbox and Public folder and click on “Migrate”
- Select filters to migrate specific data and click “Start Migration” button.
- Now, PST File successfully converts into the Office 365 account and then can be accessed on Outlook Web Access(OWA).
Features of Regain PST to Office 365 Migration Tool
Use this multi talented Regain PST to Office 365 Migration tool that helps users migrate from Outlook PST to Office 365 and Live Exchange Server in a quick and secure manner without interruption. It does not require any advanced technical knowledge to open Outlook mail data in an Outlook webmail application. Users can Import PST to Office 365 directly and then can be accessed on Outlook Web Access (OWA).
- Migrates Outlook PST email to Office 365 and Live Exchange Server successfully
- It helps to save Outlook Email items to Office 365 platform i.e. email messages, notes, drafts, calendars, events, etc. with ease and no hassle.
- Provides preview facilities to view the selected PST files before actual migration
- Performs selective conversion of Outlook PST file for saving time and efforts of the user
- Offers bulk export Outlook PST files to Office 365 or Live Exchange Server
- Self-intuitive and easy to use GUI for easy migration without any expertise
It helps users to Upload or Import PST File to Office 365 & Live Exchange Account without Outlook Installation