Last Updated on November 4, 2020 by admin
“In this blog, we will discuss about a manual tricks to export MBOX files to PST file format. And also learn about the best third party tool that exports your MBOX files to Outlook PST format in easy and effortless way.”
Now a day, Microsoft Outlook is a most popular email client that provides advanced as well as wide variety of features and outstanding services to its users which make it the standout among the other email clients. If we focus on the corporate level, we find that nowadays more corporate users prefer MS Outlook rather than other email clients because it has wide range of features which you may not found in any other email clients. Impressed by MS Outlook features and service facilities, users have been inspired to export their important email data to Outlook PST.
MBOX is a single file format which is supported by numbers of email clients such as Apple Mail, Spicebird, Eudora, Pocomail, Netscape, Entourage, OperaMail, ClawsMail, SeaMonkey, etc. MBOX is a file format that can only opened in the above mentioned email clients. Whereas, MS Outlook is the only email client that stores its data in PST file format. So, if you are thinking to switch from other email clients to Outlook due to some critical reasons, then export MBOX to PST is very necessary for you. in this blog we will give you step-wise instructions to export MBOX to PST manually as well as third party tool.
Export MBOX to PST file Manually
We here summarize two methods through which you can Export your important data from MBOX to PST file format:
Manual Method: The manual method to export MBOX to PST is free of cost and you do not need to spend a penny for the conversion.
Third Party Tool Method: Third party solution provides you the best results while exporting your MBOX to PST format without taking much time.
Manual Process to – Export MBOX to PST file format
Step 1: Move mailbox data in Apple mail
- First, Download Apple Mail and Run it on your system
- Now, Open Apple Mail and Click file >> import mailboxes option.
- Now, you have to choose the option from where you want to import the data in MBOX format.
- Click on Continue button and select the MBOX file location where you have to save the MBOX file.
- From the location, Select the MBOX files which you want to import and click on Choose and click Continue
- Once the import process completed, click on “finish”
Step 2: Create mailbox using Eudora
- You can add MBOX file extension to the imported data file. you can rename filename ABCMBOX to abcMBOX.mbx
- Move this renamed file to Eudora directory in which Eudora stores its files. Default location of the file : (C: Documents and Settings user >> Application Data\Qualcomm\Eudora)
- Now you need to Open Eudora and then double-click on ABCMBOX.mbx and Close the application.
Step 3: Import mailbox using Outlook Express:
- First you need to launch the Outlook Express.
- Now, you have to go to File Option and then Import Messages option.
- Choose Eudora from the list of email applications and then click next for further process.
- Now, you need to browse the location to select the ‘.mbox’ file and click on OK. Then click Next, then Next again >>Finish.
In Outlook Express, the imported data can be found in the Local Folders section.
Step4: Import Mailbox from Outlook express to MS Outlook
- First you need to Open MS outlook to export files.
- Now, move to the File option and then go to import and export
- After that from the list choose Import Internet Mail and Addresses and click on Next
- Now you can select “Outlook Express 4.x, 5.x, 6.x or window mail”. And then Click next
- Select the file to import and export from the browser option and click next
- Click finish after the process get completed.
Now, you can get your imported mailbox in your outlook client. It may be located in the Personal Folder of Outlook.
You have the option of selecting a manual or automatic solution to export from your MBOX to a PST file format. Although, before you can reach to a conclusion, you should know the drawbacks of the manual methods in advanced that the users are facing while using it.
Drawbacks of the manual Process
In the manual process of exporting MBOX to PST, I have some shortcomings, which I have mentioned below, check it out once.
- The manual process is not able to handle all data and attachment structurally. The data alteration can be occurred while performing this task.
- There is no doubt that the manual process takes lots of time to export MBOX to PST file format.
- The manual process does not support multiple conversions of MBOX file to PST file format.
- The manual process requires higher expertise and good technical knowledge because it consist three or four long tricky steps of conversion.
To avoid all these situations, you can use third party tool which is very simple and user friendly, it does not take lots of time to export your MBOX to PST file format.
Third party solution (Using Regain MBOX to PST Converter) to Export MBOX Files to Outlook PST file:
Using this Regain MBOX to PST Converter software, users can easily open their MBOX file/folders in Outlook. It is reliable and does not let you lose any of your data. You can export both single and bulk mails from MBOX folder to PST format in one single process without any issue. This is the prominent method that does not have any kind of limitations as the manual process has. The software is very simple and user friendly which makes the process easy.
- Download and Install the MBOX to PST Converter software on your system.
- After installation, Run the software and move to Browse MBOX folder.
- You will see a blank box appear in front of you; here you need to enter “the location of your MBOX folder” where it was stored in your system and then click on “Browse”
- Here, you need to select the option file in MBOX format and click on “Add folder” button to proceed forward.
- As you choose the file format in which you want to convert your MBOX data, then you just need to Click on “export” button and wait for the process to be got completed.
- Once the saving process gets completed, you need to save report and end the process.
In this blog, we have discuss about both the best way to export MBOX to PST file format. Now, both Manual method and third party method are in front of you. So, now you can choose one of them which you find better for you to export MBOX to PST format. After reading this blog, we believe that now you will not have any problem in choosing the best tool.