Updated On - January 11, 2024 by Armaan |Reading Time: 7 minutes
Summary: PST (Personal Storage Table) is an OST file’s backup format and can be synchronized in another Outlook profile to get back all your essential OST files. This article will cover all the manual methods to convert OST to PST files. We will also mention a Regain OST to PST converter tool to convert damaged or corrupted OST files to PST.
Outlook is the most popular and useful email client where you get all your essential emails from your business partners or clients. Many users complain that their OST files get corrupted somehow, and they do not know how to repair them.
In this article, we will go through all the possible solutions to convert OST to PST files. Go through all the steps to export offline OST data files to Outlook PST files.
Why do your OST files get corrupted?
Over the internet, there are numerous reasons that your OST files get damaged or corrupted, and here we will mention the possible errors that will harm or corrupt your OST files.
- Malware or virus attacks
- Accidental power off the system.
- Auto crash Outlook profile while working.
- Bad sectors in the hard drive.
- Incompatible Outlook version
Why do users need to convert OST to PST files manually?
Exchange server corruption: Occasionally, the MS Exchange server is corrupt for various reasons; in that case, you cannot connect your Outlook emails to the Exchange server. To fix the Exchange server corruption issue, convert OST to PST manually.
Remove the Exchange Server account: When you accidentally remove your Exchange server account, all your OST data, i.e., emails, contacts, tasks, and other files, becomes inaccessible. To get backup all data need to convert ost to pst file.
Migrate Data from one place to another place: However, when your previous Outlook account gets corrupted, you want all your OST files in a new one. Make a backup copy of the PST file to regain all your data in the new account.
If you are worrying about how to convert OST to PST file manually? Then, don’t worry; we will recommend one of the best third-party Regain OST Converter tool to convert OST into PST files.
How to convert OST to PST file Manually?
Here are two manual solutions to migrate OST to PST files. You can select anyone which suits you.
- 1st Method: Use Auto Archive to Convert OST to PST file
- 2nd Method: Use Import/Export Feature in Outlook
- 3rd Method: Use Professional Regain OST Converter tool
Method 1: Use Auto Archive feature to Convert OST to PST file
The first method to convert OST to PST is to enable archiving in Outlook once your Exchange account is configured. When you enable archiving in Outlook, it automatically moves archived email into a new PST file format and helps maintain an optimal mailbox size.
Here, you need to follow the steps to configure Outlook archiving.
- Step 1: Open Outlook and hit the “File” option.
- Step 2: Click on the “Advanced” option, and a new wizard will open on the screen; select “Auto Archive Settings” in the “Auto Archive.”
- Step 3: In a new Window, select the number of days to run auto-archiving and hit “OK.”
- Step 4: Save your mailbox items from the OST file to PST by enabling the archiving option.
Method 2: Use Import/Export feature to Convert OST to PST
All MS Outlook versions are embedded with built-in import and export, allowing users to transfer OST data to a PST file quickly. This method only works when your OST file is connected to the Exchange Server while exporting. Also, it is useful when making a local and portable backup of Exchange Mailbox data.
Follow these steps to use Import/Export feature in Outlook:
- Step 1: Launch the MS Outlook application. Click on the ‘File’ tab >> “Open & Export” >> “Import/Export.”
- Step 2: Choose the “Export to a file” option and click the “Next” button.
- Step 3: Select the “Outlook Data File (.pst)” option, then click on “Next.”
- Step 4: Select the folder you want to convert into PST files and tap Next.
- Step 5: Click the “Browse” section to choose the destination folder where you want to save the PST file in your system. Now, hit the Finish button.
- Step 6: Add a password to your converted PST file or continue without it. The conversion process will start and end as per the data size.
Both methods will work when your data is low. To continue this method, you need Outlook permanently connected to the Exchange Server; therefore, it does not convert orphan, corrupted OST files. The possibility of data loss during conversion is also common in these manual methods.
However, many users claim they lost some of their data in that PST file. But if you don’t want to face any issues during OST to PST Conversion, I strongly recommend using the third-party OST Converter tool developed by Regain Software. Regain OST to PST Converter is an excellent tool with a wide range of features to make the conversion task quick and easy without losing your data.
Method 3: An Automated tool to Convert OST to PST
One alternate solution to Convert OST to PST is “Regain OST Converter” software. This tool allows you to convert OST files to PST quickly, and it is enhanced with some wide-ranging features that can save you much time.
For a better understanding, let’s look at the key features of this tool.
An Expert Solution…
- Instantly Convert the OST file to PST format
- Repair OST File whether it is Corrupt or inaccessible
- Converts Single or Bulk OST files in a few clicks
- Supports selective conversion of Exchange OST files
- Have user-defined and Date-Based Filter options
- Save converted OST into PST, MBOX, PDF, vCard, HTML, EML, MSG, and many more
- Import OST Emails to Office 365, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Outlook.com, and Live Exchange Server.
- Convert Any Size of OST file, with No file size limit
- Show a Preview of Convertible OST Emails before Saving
- Allow Users to Save 30 Emails per Folder Free of Cost
- Support all versions of MS Outlook & Windows OS
Step by step guide to convert OST to PST manually using Regain OST Converter tool:
- Step 1: Open OST to PST Converter tool.
- Step 2: Browse and Add damaged or corrupted OST files in the tool.
- Step 3: Now select the Folders on displaying windows that you want to convert into PST files and tap on Export.
- Step 4: Browse the destination folder to save your PST file in your system.
- Step 5: Click on Convert Now to start the conversion task.
- Step 6: If you want to import OST to the Cloud platform, Click the Cloud Migration button and select email client.
This article covers all the possible ways to convert OST files to PST format. If the methods mentioned above do not work correctly, there might be severe corruption in your OST files. Try the Regain OST to PST converter tool and quickly export all your OST files into PST. This tool is very effective in converting multiple OST files at a time. Also, you can upload PST files in the cloud after exporting.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What is the use of Regain OST Converter Software? Why do people need to convert OST into PST files?
A. Regain OST converter helps to convert OST to PST, EML, MSG, MBOX, etc., without losing any data.
Here are some reasons to convert offline OST files to PST format:-
- When Moving OST file to another system
- If you want to change the location of the saved .ost file in MS Outlook
- Errors in Import/Export Tool
- Re-Create OST file in case Exchange Server Crashed or down
- Moving emails to another platform
- Facing error while synchronizing Outlook with Exchange Server
Q2. Does this tool help me to repair corrupt OST files?
A. Yes, the OST Converter tool easily repairs damaged OST file and convert them into many other selected formats. This tool can Recover OST files and import them to Office 365 accounts easily.
Q3. Does this tool allow converting OST file that is not connected to Exchange Server?
A. Yes, It can easily convert OST files to Outlook PST format if your OST file is not connected to the Exchange server.
Q4. I want to move the OST file to another system. Is that possible?
A. Yes, It’s possible and straightforward to convert OST to other saving formats such as PST, EML, MSG, MBOX, etc.; these formats can easily be moved to another computer.
Q5. Does this tool convert all email attachments to another format as well?
A. The OST Converter tool makes the entire task easy and safe. It allows a user to convert OST files to other formats and attachments without harming any file.
Q6. Any way to access (.OST) file data directly?
A. No. To access the OST file, the user needs to first convert the OST file to other formats like (PST, EML, MSG, and MBOX) and these files can be accessed directly with respective email clients.