How to Convert OST to PST Manually?
Updated On - December 5, 2022 by Armaan |Reading Time: 7 minutes
Hey friends, have you faced any difficulties when you do manually convert OST to PST? Or you have not yet found a simple way to convert OST files to PST, EML, MSG, Office 365, and Live Exchange Server.
If so, you don’t have to worry about it! Here we explain complete guide to convert all your OST files into PST format manually. You just need to learn and follow all the steps to export Offline OST data file to Outlook PST file.
Before to go ahead to manual steps, Some user also want to know, why do we need to convert OST to PST file. To know the answer read the next section of the article.
Know, Why User Convert OST Files to PST?
There are many reasons when users need to convert their OST file to PST. Here in this article, we can’t describe all the reasons in detail, but we are listing some of the reasons you may need to convert your OST file to PST file format.
⇒ Exchange server corruption
Sometime MS Exchange server corrupt due to any reason, in that case you can not connect your Outlook emails to Exchange server. To rectify the issue to need to convert OST file to PST format.
⇒ Remove Exchange Server account
When accidentally remove your account from Exchange Server, your Outlook data saved in offline OST file. To get back all data from OST file. Then you need to convert OST to PST manually.
⇒ Migrate Data from One place to another place
If you or your company thinking to move data from one computer to another computer. In that case you can copy OST file and save it to another location and then import OST into MS Outlook profile.
⇒Maintenance of Exchange server
Exchange Server maintenance is also a very common reason, when it goes down. Your data will be secure in OST file, which you can access later by converting OST to PST file.
Having seen these points clearly. Now, you know why you need to convert OST files to PST. Now the question arises that how to convert OST to PST file manually ? To see the answer, let us read the next section.
How to convert OST to Outlook PST file Manually
Here we explain 2 manual methods to migrate OST to PST file. You can choose anyone, which suited you.
- 1st Method: Archiving OST emails to PST file
- 2nd Method: Using Export Feature in Outlook
Steps by steps manual process to convert OST to PST files
⇒ Archiving OST emails to PST file
The first method to convert OST to PST is to enable archiving in Outlook once your Exchange account is configured with it. When you enable archiving in Outlook, it automatically moves archived email into a new PST file format, and it also helps maintain an optimal level of mailbox size. Here, you just need to follow the step to configure Outlook archiving.
- Open Outlook and Click on the “File” option, and select “Options”
- Go to “Advanced” option, click on it; a new wizard will open on the screen; select “Auto Archive Settings” under the “Auto Archive”
- Now, a new window will appear; select the number of days in which you want to run auto-archiving and click “OK.”
You can save your mailbox items from the OST file to PST by enabling the archiving option.
⇒Using Export Feature in Outlook
All MS Outlook versions embedded with built-in import and export, allowing users to easily transfer OST file data to a PST file. The main condition of this method is that OST file must be connected to Exchange Server when exporting, and it is useful when you need to make a local and portable backup of Exchange Mailbox data.
If you want to try this method, follow these steps:
- Open the MS Outlook application. Click on ‘File’ tab >> “Open & Export” >> “Import/Export”.
- Select the option “Export to a file” and click on “Next” button.
- Now, it will ask you what type of file you want to save. Select the “Outlook Data File (.pst)” option. And click “Next” button.
- You can move one mailbox folder (mainly used inbox folder) to PST. Select your option and also mark check on the included subfolders. Click Next to proceed further.
- Click the “Browse” button and enter the location of the PST file in your system. Select an option for duplicate items and click Finish.
- Now, you can add a password to your converted PST file if you want, or you can even continue without it. The conversion process will start and ends as per the data involved.
These methods is only work when your data is low. Drawback of this method is that you need Outlook to be permanently connected to the Exchange Server, and therefore it does not convert orphan, corrupted OST files. The possibility of data loss during conversion is also common in these manual methods.
If you don’t want to face any issues during OST to PST Conversion, I strongly recommend you to use OST Converter tool developed by Regain Software. Regain OST to PST Converter is an excellent tool that comes up with a wide range of features to make the conversion task quick and easy without losing your data.
Professional tool to Convert OST to PST
One alternate solution to Convert OST to PST is “Regain OST to PST Converter” software. This tool allows you to convert OST files to PST quickly, and it is enhanced with some wide-ranging features that can save you a lot of time. For better understanding, let’s look at the key feature of this tool.
Free Download100% Secure Buy NowPrice: $39
An Expert Solution…
- Instantly Convert OST file to PST format
- Repair Corrupt or inaccessible OST file
- Converts Single or Bulk OST file in a few clicks
- Supports selective conversion of Exchange OST files
- Have user-Defined and Date-Based Filter options
- Save converted OST into PST, MBOX, PDF, vCard, HTML, EML, MSG, and many more
- Import OST Emails to Office 365, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Outlook.com and Live Exchange Server
- Convert Any Size of OST file, No file size limit
- Show Preview of Convertible OST Emails before Saving
- Allow User to Save 30 Emails per Folder at Free of Cost
- Support all versions of MS Outlook & Windows OS
Now, let’s see the working of Regain OST Converter tool:
- Open Regain OST to PST Converter tool on your system.
- Browse and Add OST file (Single/ Multiple) on Software interface
- Display Preview of mailbox after scanning
- Now, Select the Saving File format as PST file
- Successfully Convert OST to PST file
- If you want to import OST to Cloud platform, Click on Cloud Migration button and select email client
This article has discussed the key aspects of converting data from OST to PST. We start with the reasons for converting OST to PST and then discussed the two most popular manual methods to convert OST to PST file.
By reading this article, we have also learned about the various drawbacks of manual process while converting OST file. After examining all these things, I can say that professional software is more reliable and better option.
Q. What is the use of Regain OST Converter Software? Why do people need to convert OST into PST files?
A. Here, we are describing some reasons to convert offline OST files to PST format:-
- When Moving OST file to another system
- If you want to change the location of the saved .ost file in MS Outlook
- Errors in Import/Export Tool
- Re-Create OST file in case Exchange Server Crashed or down
- Moving emails to another platform
- Facing error while synchronizing Outlook with Exchange Server
Q. Does this tool help me to repair corrupt OST files?
A. Yes, the OST Converter tool easily repairs damaged OST file and convert them into many other selected formats. This tool can Recover OST files and import them to office 365 accounts without any difficulty.
Q. Does this tool allow converting OST file that is not connected to Exchange Server?
A. Yes, It can easily convert OST files to Outlook PST format without interruption.
Q. I want to move the OST file to another system. Is that possible?
A. Yes, it is. But you need to first convert OST to other saving formats such as PST, EML, MSG, MBOX, etc., and these formats can easily be moved to another computer.
Q. Does this tool convert all email attachments to another format as well?
A. Yes, the OST Converter tool makes the entire task easy and safe. And allow a user to convert ost files to other formats along with attachments without harming any file.
Q. Any way to access (.OST) file data directly?
A. No. For accessing the OST file, the user needs to first convert the OST file to other formats like (PST, EML, MSG, MBOX) and these files can be accessed directly with respective email clients.
One thought on “How to Convert OST to PST Manually?”
With your informative and detailed explanation, I learned a lot about how to convert OST to PST with the help of the step-by-step guide. Kudos for providing such useful knowledge!