Export Eudora Emails to Windows Live Mail
Updated on September 20, 2023 by Savita Sharma
Summary: Exporting mails from Eudora to Windows Live Mail requires users to convert their MBOX files to EML files. Here we will discuss some common methods to convert MBOX files to EML file format. We will also introduce an automatic tool that helps to easily transport Eudora Emails to Windows Live Mail.
Introduction: Eudora email and Windows Live Mail are two amazing email clients which are widely used by us these days. They help to send and receive emails instantly. This helps in professionally connecting with each other to a great extent. While Eudora saves the information such as emails, attachments, calendars, tasks and journals in MBOX file format, the Windows Live Mail saves the information in EML file format. This means that if you want to export your emails from Eudora to Windows Live Mail, then you will have to convert the MBOX files to EML file format. These EML files can be accessed across email clients such as Windows Live Mail, MS Outlook and other email clients.
Here we will discuss the need to export the Eudora mails to Windows Live Mail. We will also take into consideration the methods for exporting these files which will include a professional method as well.
Reasons to export Eudora emails to Windows Live Mail
There are different reasons for exporting the Eudora emails to Windows Live Mail. Here are some of them.
- Switching from one workplace to another may require the users to export their emails from one client to another.
- Windows Live Mail or MS Outlook is a secure and a safe email client that helps to retain the integrity of data.
- Eudora has turned out to be outdated software for the users. It lacks the features which the users want these days from an email client.
Methods to Export Eudora emails to Windows Live Mail
There are different methods to export Eudora mails to Windows Live Mail.
Method one: Import and Export
This method is executed with the help of two steps. The first step requires the users to export the Eudora mails and the next steps requires them to import the Eudora mails to MS Outlook.
Step 1: Export Eudora emails
- 1) Open MS Outlook.
- 2) Go to File. Click on Import. Then go to Messages.
- 3) Click on Eudora Pro. Click on Next.
- 4) Browse the location of your Eudora files.
- 5) Select the file and click on Next.
- 6) Click on Finish.
Step 2: Import Eudora emails to Windows Live Mail
- 1) Launch MS Outlook.
- 2) Click on File. Click on Import and Export.
- 3) Click Outlook Express 4.x, 5.x, 6.x. Choose as per necessity
- 4) Confirm that Import Mail and Import Address Book checkboxes are selected.
- 5) Click on Next.
- 6) Choose the option you need to import over MS Outlook.
- 7) Click on Finish.
This will bring all your Eudora emails to MS Outlook.
Limitations of using the manual method
There are different limitations of using the manual method. Here are some of them.
- It is a time consuming and lengthy method.
- It cannot retrieve the attachments.
- The method does not work in the case of nested files.
- It is difficult for the beginners.
Method two: Regain MBOX to PST Converter Software: A professional solution to export the files
Regain MBOX to PST Converter software is the best solution to overcome the limitations of the manual method discussed above. This software helps to effortlessly convert the MBOX files to PST file format without compromising the structure of the files. It retains the integrity of the data and prevents any data loss during the process of conversion. It is the simplest and the fastest tool for the users. Here are some of the features of this tool.
Features of Regain MBOX to PST Converter software
- Converts Eudora emails to Windows Live Mail with ease.
- Easily converts any size of Eudora mail file to EML format.
- Users can save Eudora emails to PST, EML, MSG, EMLX, HTML and Office 365 Platform.
- Allows users to export Eudora emails to Office 365 and Live Exchange Server.
- Convert selected Eudora emails to Windows Live Mail.
- Shows the preview of all emails data before the migration.
- It is compatible with all the versions of Windows OS.
- Users can also try a free demo version and save 30 emails per folder for free.
Steps to convert the files with this professional solution.
Here are the steps required for this method.
- 1) Install Regain MBOX to PST Converter software on your system.
- 2) Go to Browse to select the MBOX file.
- 3) Preview the file before starting the process of conversion
- 4) Select the destination location to save the file after conversion to PST format.
- 5) The conversion process will complete this way.
All of the methods that have been discussed above are very useful for the users. Users can easily try and test these methods whenever they want to. But if any of the solutions is not working for them, then the professional tool would be of great help.