Access Roundcube Emails into MS Outlook
Updated on February 18, 2023 by Nasir Khan
In the last few years, the use of email clients has been growing at a rapid pace. All organizations work in a multifaceted but effective way to perform e-mail, communication, and data management tasks. There is a wide range of email clients, so it is difficult for users to choose a strong and artistically rich email client. You do not have to worry if you are a Roundcube user and want to access your emails in MS Outlook. Here, in this blog, we will discuss the most common problem users have encountered: how to Access Roundcube emails in MS Outlook.
Most users want to shift from Roundcube to MS Outlook because of the variety of features offered by Microsoft Outlook. When we look at it in terms of performance, then Microsoft Outlook looks comprehensive e-mail client that provides strong communication and data management with advanced security algorithms. The main challenge arises when users fail to find a simple and reliable solution to move Roundcube webmail data to Outlook. The section below will discuss the step-by-step process of importing Roundcube email to MS Outlook.
In the Roundcube webmail application, one can download emails in EML file format. Whereas, Outlook email client supports PST file format. So, to access Roundcube emails in Outlook, the user has to convert EML files into PST format and then import PST files into MS Outlook.
Get more info about Roundcube and its usage
Roundcube is yet another web-based email client that offers all of the features one would expect from a webmail client. Address book, folder manipulation, spell checking, message searching, three-column mailbox view and much more are all supported by HTML and MIME. It's a webmail application that runs nicely on common web servers like Apache, Lightspeed, and Lighttpd. The app is accessible in 60 different languages. Let's look at manual methods for exporting messages from Roundcube, including single messages, multiple folders, and more.
Reasons to Export Roundcube emails to MS Outlook
There could be many reasons why many people export their Roundcube emails to Outlook accounts. Roundcube does not provide any facility to export Roundcube emails in batch mode. By using the manual method, users only download a single email message, which is a very time-consuming process. MS Outlook provides multiple advanced features like managing all mailbox items, calendars, contacts, notes, tasks, and many more.
How to Access Roundcube Emails into MS Outlook?
Step 1: Export Roundcube emails to EML format
- 1. log in to Roundcube webmail first
- 2. Now select the emails that you want to export into Outlook PST format
- 3. After that, click on the More option and then select the download (.eml) option
- 4. Now choose the destination path to save your EML file
Note: if you don’t choose the destination path, then your EML files will be found in the download folder in your system.
Step 2: Convert EML files into Outlook PST format
Here, you need to convert the files into the Outlook PST format we extracted earlier in step 1. For this task, you can use either a manual or an automated solution available on the internet. Before you choose the manual solution, let me tell you its limitation –
- A manual process is very complex and time-consuming too.
- Manual selection for conversion could be risky in terms of data security.
- Drag and drop method only works for a single file at a time.
- It needs lots of technical knowledge for its execution.
Export Roundcube emails to PST file using Professional Tool
To convert multiple Roundcube emails to Outlook, you must first download the Roundcube e-mail in EML format one by one. Afterward, you can move the EML email to the PST automatically. Finally, you can use the Regain EML to PST Converter software to quickly convert Roundcube email into PST format with attached files.
- 1) Download and install the Regain EML to PST Converter tool and run it on your device. The home screen of the software will look as image shown below.
- 2) Now, you must browse and select the EML files you want to export.
- 3) A preview window will appear on the screen; check all the scanned EML files/folders you selected for export.
- 4) Here, you need to select the destination and the file format you wish to export.
- 5) Finally, the software successfully exported your EML file to PST format. Check your desired location to confirm.
Step 3: Import PST file in MS Outlook
Once you get the PST file, you are required to move these PST files to MS Outlook of any version. To complete this task, you need to follow the few steps listed below:
- 1. Open MS Outlook and click on a file
- 2. Select Open & Export option → Import/Export
- 3. Select Import from another program or file option in Import & Export wizard, and click Next
- 4. Now select the PST file from your system that you need to import
- 5. Press the Finish button to begin the process.
This is how you can easily access your Roundcube email in MS Outlook. It is the simplest way to use for this conversion task anytime.
- Supports EML to PST, EMLX to PST, and EML to MSG conversion with complete accuracy.
- Supports conversion of multiple EML files (Batch conversion) in a single go.
- Displays preview of EML file data before converting to Outlook PST file.
- Maintains original structure, hierarchy, formatting, and properties of the mailboxes while converting EML files to Outlook PST files.
- Comes with a Data Range feature for selective conversion of EML files to Outlook PST file.
- There is no file size restriction on adding EML files for converting to Outlook PST file.