Searching for the solution to Open Outlook PST emails into Apple Mail than you have reached at right page. In this page you will come to know about the method of conversion in an easy and simplified way. Before reaching the methods of conversion let us discuss about Apple mail and Microsoft Outlook email clients as PST is the file format of Outlook and Apple mail client saves file in MBOX format.
Microsoft is an integral part of Microsoft Office suit which is very popular as desktop based email client. On one hand it functions as an Email application but it also includes calendar, journals, note taking, task manager, contact manager, and web browsing, security features and much more. Outlook also allows to export-import the PST file by inbuilt option of Open/Export.
Mac mail also known as Apple mail is default mail client of Mac OS, iOS. Mac mail saves the file in MBOX file format. Apple mail can very easily import the MBOX file via Import option. MBOX is commonly used file format which is supported by multiple email clients.
Although Outlook is used by large number of users but Mac mail also comes as the first choice for the users when it comes to chose a futuristic email client. Both the email client are best at their place but when an outlook user shift towards the Apple mail client he has to face many problem because both email client have different file formats. Outlook saves its file in PST format and Mac mail saves its file in MBOX format.
There can be several reasons when a user migrates from Outlook mail client to Mac mail. Some of the reasons are discussed below:
1) High management cost: As we all are aware that Outlook has every advanced feature it is a paid email application. So due to in its daily advancement its management cost is also raising because of which the users of Outlook are switching towards Mac mail.
2) Shifting from Windows OS to Mac OS: When user using a Windows system purchases a new Mac operating system then he has to run his Outlook files in Apple mail as it is default mail client of Mac operating system and iOS.
3) Organization Up gradation: When an organization upgrades from Windows operating system to Mac Operating system the employees have to access their Outlook data in Mac email clients.
4) Natural Problem: There are several natural problems which can be faced by any user i.e. corruption of file, account deletion, hard drive crash, etc. This kind of problems also sometimes forces the user to shift from Outlook to Mac mail.
5) Migration To Another Organization: When a user migrate to another organization where company functions on Mac operating system the user might need to export its outlook mailbox data to MBOX format which will be accessed in Mac mail.
The best method to use PST file in Mac mail is by using an automated method i.e. using third party Tool. You can also use a manual procedure which is free of cost but complicated. Manual process is not recommended by any one as it is not secure and various other problems which can be faced using manual process are:
1) Launch PST to MBOX converter software.
2) Hit the Browse button to upload the PST file on the software interface
3) Select the desired mailbox folder that you want to export.
4) Take preview of the files manually
5) Provide the location under the ‘Save Destination Path’ to save MBOX file
6) Select “MBOX” as Saving Option from the list.
7) Click Convert button and wait for the completion of the conversion.
8) You will get a pop up message of successful conversion
9) Next move the converted files to Mac operating system
10) Now you can use these files in Mac Mail by Importing option in mail application
Above discussed method of third party tool is recommended method which can be used to open PST file in Apple Mail by any user and reliable results can be taken. You can also use manual method for conversion but no one will like to compromise with his/her data as it is no reliable and there are chances of data corruption. So, do not compromise with your data and choose the best method (third party tool).