Fix Outlook inbox Not Showing All Emails Issue?
Microsoft Outlook is the world's second-most widespread email client. It has an entire mailbox beneath its PST file, with all directories containing emails and their metadata, such as inbox, sent objects, drafts, and so on. One can send and receive emails through Outlook within and outside of business. But have you ever puzzled why all of your emails aren't in your PST mailbox inbox folder?
As a result, most users who operate the Outlook application after a while or who have a hectic schedule may experience this difficulty. In this article, we will talk about several possible reasons and solutions to the issue.
Several reasons lead to the "Outlook inbox not showing all emails" issue
There might be two reasons why individuals aren't receiving all of their emails in their inbox. Either the inbox is not synchronizing on a real-time basis and is not downloading emails from the server, or the inbox is not displaying emails that have already arrived. The following are among the most prevalent factors:
- The internet connection is weak or non-existent.
- A filter has been added to the Outlook folder view settings.
- A power outage or a software dispute.
- Auto Archive Preferences
- PST file corruption as a result of file size.
Fix Outlook Inbox Not Showing All Emails Problem
For these reasons, there are several appropriate solutions to fix the problem. But before starting any fixes, don't neglect to look through the junk folder too. If Outlook marked those spam emails, they should be in your Junk folder.
However, to search for emails, choose both "Focus" and "Other." Perhaps the emails you're searching for have ended up in the "other" folder.
Read some more effective solutions as follows and keep trying to fix them till you get the result.
Solution 1: Analyze your internet connection
You may not receive the emails on time if your internet service is unstable. To guarantee that you receive emails in Outlook, you must have reliable internet access. You might try disconnecting and reconnecting your internet connection to see if that is the source of the problem.
Solution 2: Check the Outlook folder view settings
Outlook not showing all emails might be caused by the default view settings. Filtration, sorting options, and other settings, for example, may conceal some emails in the default view. To resolve the issue, you can reset the view settings. Follow the steps as mentioned.
- 1. Run Outlook and navigate to the View tab.
- 2. View Settings should be selected.
- 3. Choose Reset Current View in the Advanced View Settings box that appears.
- 4. In the popup, click OK.
Solution 3: Review the Sync Settings
If you have Outlook configured to show emails after a specified amount of time, this might explain why not every one of your emails is appearing in the Inbox folder.
- 1. Firstly, Log in to your user account in Outlook.
- 2. Then select Change mailbox sync settings from the drop-down menu.
- 3. Enable Outlook to retrieve and sync messages as soon as they come. Then, restart the program and go through your inbox.
Solution 4: Turn off the auto-archive options
If you have the Auto Archive setting activated, this may also contribute to the Outlook not showing emails in the Inbox problem. To deactivate this option, take the following steps:
- 1. Open the Microsoft Outlook program.
- 2. Go to the Inbox tab and right-click it.
- 3. Then, choose Properties. This will bring up a new window with Inbox Properties.
- 4. Pick the "Do not archive anything in this folder" option and hit OK.
Solution 5: Review your email preferences
You may wish to deactivate or remove all of the filters that you have set for your inbox. Perhaps you can put up some filters to automatically remove some incoming emails. If you're using a personal account, follow these steps:
- 1. Using Outlook Live, navigate to your Outlook settings.
- 2. Press on mail, then rules.
- 3. Analyze your rules. Remove any restrictions that may prevent fresh emails from arriving in your inbox.
Check your POP settings as well if you added your Outlook account to another mail app. Check that your POP and IMAP settings are accurate. Check to see if you have any settings set to automatically delete or archive fresh emails.
Solution 6: Check and resolve the PST file corruption issue
If your PST file gets damaged, you may have a variety of problems with your Microsoft Outlook account, like Outlook not showing emails in the inbox. In this instance, you can use MS Outlook's Inbox Repair Tool (Scanpst.exe) to repair the damaged PST file.
- 1. Firstly, go to the following location (C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice1X) on your device and here you will find the tool.
- 2. To launch Scanpst.exe, double-click on it.
- 3. Select the PST file from your device. The program will look for faults in the file.
- 4. If any errors are presented, press "Repair" to resolve them.
- 5. However, the Inbox Repair Tool may be unable to repair badly damaged PST files as well as those larger than 2 GB in size. In such a situation, you can take help from third-party software.
You can use the Regain Outlook PST File Recovery software for this purpose. This software recovers and repairs corrupted PST files in real time. This utility resolves all PST file issues, allowing mailboxes to be accessed in Outlook. It restores lost data with the original structure, such as email attributes, layout, data formatting, or mailboxes.