Last Updated on January 18, 2021 by Henry Bray
When it comes to work with MS Outlook, you may find it hard to perform daily operations, such as downloading attachments, receiving or sending emails etc. and it can also cause some serious problems sometimes like unusual Outlook crashes etc. These problems usually come with some error messages that you can use to figure out the kind of error faced by MS Outlook.
Corruption of PST file is the most common reason behind such kinds of problems. After the corruption of PST file, Outlook may behave unusually and shows up different errors.
Try Regain Office 365 to PST Converter tool to Export Office 365 Mailbox to Outlook PST file. Download Here
Here are some of the common error messages which mean Outlook PST file is corrupted or damaged and you need to repair them.
- Errors are detected in outlook.pst file
- Outlook database file named outlook.pst is not personal folder
- exe (Inbox Repair Tool) doesn’t detect outlook.pst file
- When you try to send or receive messages, it shows error 0x80040119
- It is not easy to access outlook.pst file
- Running Outlook and getting Error: ISTORX32.DLL
The above error messages show that Outlook PST file is damaged severely and you need to repair it as early as possible so you can access emails and other items.
Now the question arises in everyone minds that what could be various reasons behind the Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013 or 2010 PST file corruption. So let us first see the most common reasons behind PST file corruption that we have mentioned below:
- Due to data storage device failure
- Faulty networking device
- Virus or malware infection
- Abruptly shutting down Outlook
We have given some reasons that define how a PST file gets corrupted. Now, let’s get into the main topic and that is – how to repair corrupt Outlook 2019, 2016, or 2013 PST files. In this blog, we are going to discuss two reliable methods which you can use to repair corrupted PST files. In manual method we have described the process of using the inbuilt utility “ScanPST” provided by Microsoft. On the second side, we explained great advanced and innovative third-party software.
Manually Repair Outlook PST files in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013 and 2010 –
For Outlook 2019/2016/2013/2010
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\office16\
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office16\
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15\
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\
Now, follow the below steps to use the ScanPST software.
- Double-click the launcher to run the ScanPST tool.
- Click Browse to add the PST file you want to repair, and then click Start to scan the file.
- After the scanning is complete, click the repair button to begin the repairing process.
Note: if you want a backup for PST file, check the checkbox “Make a backup of scanned file before repairing.”
- It takes a few seconds for the ScanPST tool to repair the PST file.After you repair the file, you can import it into Outlook.
However, if you are still facing difficulties after importing it into Outlook, it means that the PST file is not being repaired properly. So we have a third party solution to successfully complete this Outlook PST repair task.
Repair Outlook PST files using third-party tool –
Microsoft offers some of the cool utilities, such as OST crop tool, Inbox Repair Tool etc. to maintain Outlook PST file integrity but those tools are not used widely in conditions detailed above. In that case, you should seek help from a third party tool Regain Outlook PST Repair.
It is among the best used applications to repair corrupt or damaged Outlook PST file. This tool has been designed with cutting-edge algorithms which ensure great success rate in case of severe file corruptions. The innovative GUI enables users to perform repair of PST files without any stress.
Repair PST files with the following steps
First of all, download Regain Outlook PST Repair tool. After downloading and installing Outlook PST Repair tool, here are the detailed steps below –
- Select PST file you want to repair – Once you start the software, click “Select” to load PST file. Browse the PST file location but if you don’t know about the location, choose the entire drive you can search. You can list the entire PST file available in the drive.
- Getting started – Once you select the PST file, click Start to continue. It will start repairing the software and corrupt PST file. It shows up all of the email items in tree view which is just like MS Outlook. You can preview the content of any email item.
- Save recovered item – Select items you need to recover from the tree view and click on “Save Recovered Items” button. You can choose location where you would like to save file.