Updated On - September 27, 2022 by Henry Bray |Reading Time: 3 minutes
When working with MS Outlook, you may find it hard to perform daily operations, such as downloading attachments, receiving or sending emails, etc. It can also cause some serious problems sometimes like unusual Outlook crashes, etc. These problems usually come with some error messages that you can use to figure out the error MS Outlook faces.
The corruption of PST files is the most common reason behind such kinds of problems. After the corruption of the PST file, Outlook may behave unusually and shows up different errors.
Try Regain Office 365 to PST Converter tool to Export Office 365 Mailbox to Outlook PST file. Download Here
Common error messages mean Outlook PST file is corrupt or damaged, and you need to repair them.
- Errors are detected in the outlook.pst file
- Outlook database file named outlook.pst is not personal folder
- exe (Inbox Repair Tool) doesn’t detect outlook.pst file
- When you try to send or receive messages, it shows error 0x80040119
- It is not easy to access the outlook.pst file
- Running Outlook and getting Error: ISTORX32.DLL
The above error messages show that the Outlook PST file is corrupt severely, and you need to repair it as early as possible to access emails and other items.
Now the question arises in everyone’s minds: What could be various reasons behind the Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, or 2010 PST file corruption. So let us first see the most common reasons behind PST file corruption that we have mentioned below:
- Due to data storage device failure
- Faulty networking device
- Virus or malware infection
- Abruptly shutting down Outlook
We have given some reasons that define how a PST file gets corrupted. Now, let’s get into the main topic: How to repair corrupt Outlook PST files (2019, 2016, or 2013). In this blog, we will discuss two reliable methods to repair corrupt PST files. In the manual method, we have described using the inbuilt utility “ScanPST” provided by Microsoft. On the second method, we explained advance and innovative third-party Regain Outlook PST Recovery software.
Related Blog Post: Tips and Tricks to Fix MS Outlook Error 0x800ccc0e
Manually Repair Outlook PST files in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, and 2010 –
For Outlook 2019/2016/2013/2010
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\office16\
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office16\
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15\
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\
Now, follow the below steps to use the ScanPST software.
- Double-click the launcher to run the ScanPST tool.
- Click Browse to add the PST file you want to repair, and then click Start to scan the file.
- After the scanning is complete, click the repair button to begin the repairing process.
Note: if you want a backup for PST file, check the checkbox “Make a backup of scanned file before repairing.”
- It takes a few seconds for ScanPST tool to repair PST file. After you fix the file, you can import it into MS Outlook.
However, if you are still facing difficulties after importing it into Outlook, it means that the PST file is not being repaired properly. So we have a third-party solution to repair corrupt Outlook PST file by using Outlook PST repair tool.
Professional way to Repair Corrupt Outlook PST files
Microsoft offers some cool utilities, such as the OST crop tool, Inbox Repair Tool, etc., to maintain Outlook PST file integrity. Still, those tools are not used widely in the conditions detailed above. In that case, you should seek help from a third-party tool like, Regain Outlook PST Repair.
It is among the best-used applications to repair corrupt Outlook PST files. This tool has been designed with cutting-edge algorithms that ensure a great success rate in severe file corruption. The innovative GUI enables users to perform a repair of PST files without any stress.
Follow these steps to repair corrupt Outlook PST files
First of all, download Regain Outlook PST Repair tool. After downloading and installing the Outlook PST Repair tool, here are the detailed steps below –
- Select PST file you want to repair – Once you start the software, click “Select” to load the PST file. Browse the PST file location, but choose the entire drive you can search if you don’t know about the location. You can list the entire PST file available in the drive.
- Getting started – Once you select the PST file, click Start to continue. It will start repairing the software and corrupt the PST file. It shows up all of the email items in a tree view which is just like MS Outlook. You can preview the content of any email item.
- Save recovered item – Select items you need to recover from the tree view and click on the “Save Recovered Items” button. You can choose a location where you would like to save the file.
Users can download this application from here. The free version allows users to save 30 emails per mailbox free of cost. No technical skill is required to access this tool. Download Now :