Resolve Body of Email Not Showing in Outlook
Updated on December 22, 2022 by Henry Bray
Many users have noticed that the content of an email does not show in Outlook. Whenever they try to send emails using Outlook, they claim that only empty emails are being sent. As a consequence, the size of the Outlook PST file has increased unnecessarily.
Users have also complained that there is a "Can't read body of email" error in Outlook's received email area. In other words, people believe they are trapped in a cycle in which they cannot send or receive emails containing substances.
Keep reading this article. You will learn several reasons for and solutions to the error.
Reasons of "body of email not appearing in MS Outlook" Error
The Avgoutlook.Addin (which is known as the AVG Addin for MS Outlook) is the major source of this problem in which the body of emails or text is lacking. The AVG Addin for Microsoft Outlook is an add-in service by AVG that protects Outlook and your device from harmful emails and links.
Although it is a useful feature, it has the potential to slow down Outlook's speed and cause the text or body of emails to vanish. This problem in Outlook can also be caused by other antivirus add-ins. Other causes of this problem include having hardware acceleration enabled or mistakenly setting the text color to white.
Overall, some of the common and root causes are as follows:
- If somehow you have enabled the "Hardware Graphics Acceleration" option,
- because of mismatched MS Outlook add-ins.
- The font color has been set for a while for plain text messages.
- In the event of a corrupted or damaged Outlook data file (PST),
Methods to Resolve the body of Email not showing in MS Outlook
1st: Disable AVG and other suspicious Outlook add-ins.
As already indicated, the problem is mostly caused by the AvgOutlook.add-in (AVG Add-in). So, try deactivating or deleting it and see whether the problem remains. If you have another antivirus program installed for Outlook, deactivate or uninstall it.
- 1. Firstly, launch Microsoft Outlook and navigate to the "File" tab, then press on "Options". Go to the Add-ins tab in the Outlook "Options" window, then press the Go icon next to the "Manage COM add-ins" button.
- 2. If you only want to temporarily deactivate the add-in, uncheck its tickbox and then click the OK icon.
- 3. If you wish to entirely delete the add-in, check the box next to it and then press the Remove icon.
- Restart Outlook to see if the problem persists.
2nd: Run MS Outlook in Safe Mode
Relaunching Outlook in safe mode may indeed help to address the missing body of an email or text message issue. To do the same, follow the procedure as below:
Just use the Windows + R shortcut to access the Run dialog box.
Next, enter "outlook.exe/safe" and hit the OK icon.
This will restart Outlook in safe mode, and you should now be able to access the body and content of your Outlook emails.
3rd: Analyze the Text Color Options for Plain Text Email
If you're not seeing content in your Outlook emails, check the font color options and make sure it isn't set to white. You can perform this by completing the instructions mentioned as follows.
- 1. Navigate to the File > Options menu in Outlook and then go to the Mail tab. Next, proceed to the "Personal Stationery" tab after clicking on the Stationery and Fonts icon.
- 2. Then, select the "Composing and reading plain text messages" option and click on the font icon that appears beneath it.
- 3. Check that the font color is set to Automatic. If it isn't already, change it to Automatic/Black and then push the OK icon.
- 4. Restart the Outlook program to see whether the emails still have no body or content.
4th: Try to see if hardware graphics acceleration is ON or Disabled.
Somehow, the abovementioned option may be enabled on your Outlook. You need to check it. If it has been activated, then must deactivate it. To do so, read the steps as follows:
1. Navigate to File > Options in the Outlook program.
Go to the "Advanced" tab, then scroll to the bottom to the Display segment. Check that the Disable hardware acceleration option is chosen. Or else, tick this box and then click the OK icon.
5th: Outlook Data Files (PST) Repair
If an Outlook data file is damaged, the body or text may be missing. So, you may use a PST Repair application to fix corrupted Outlook data files and observe whether the problem persists.
You can use the Regain Outlook PST Recovery software. It is the most reliable program, with a simple and straightforward interface that allows anybody to effortlessly repair and recover their PST file in just a few ways, as follows:
- 1. Firstly, install and run the software on your device.
- 2. Then choose the Outlook PST file for scanning.
- 3. Analyze the preview of all the scanned mailbox items.
- 4. To save a PST file, choose 'Destination directory' and 'Target format'.
- 5. Save the restored PST file by clicking the "Save Now" button.