Migrate Google Drive Data to Another Account
Updated on November 23, 2022 by Armaan
Google Drive is just an internet-based file storage service provided by Google for all Gmail users that includes 15 GB of free storage space. You can use Google Drive to save, try sharing, create, and edit files in the cloud. Gmail, Google Photos, and Google Drive are the three services that receive free storage space.
As a result, if it surpasses the storage limit, you'll have to either buy extra space on Google Drive or transfer your information to some other account. Despite the fact that purchasing additional storage is not a possibility for everyone, many users prefer to migrate their files towards another Google Drive account.
In this article, you're going to learn about the reasons for migrating Google Drive data and the possible ways to do that.
Reasons why customers migrate Google Drive to a different account
Google Drive migration refers to the process of transferring all data from a previous Google Drive account to a current Google Drive account, including but not restricted to documents, photographs, videos, and sheets.
A new Google Drive account may offer significantly more storage space and more sophisticated capabilities than an existing one. For example, the new Google Suite account is far superior to the previous Google Drive personal account. As a result, customers must create a new account in order to increase the storage capacity of their cloud drive. Or, for the following reasons, users may just desire to replace the previous account:
- Employees must move files that they are permitted to keep from their Google account for work to their private account when resigning.
- Whenever students graduate, they must transfer documents from their school account to their personal account on Google Drive.
- Individuals may wish to move files from one Google Drive to the other for private or commercial purposes.
- Google Drive's present account is inoperable.
- Users wish to move files from a shared account to their own account.
Manual Method to migrate Google Drive data to a different account
There are multiple methods to perform the migration. You have the opportunity to do it using both manual and third-party methods. Keep reading All the methods are given as follows:
1st Method: Direct Download and Upload
This is likely to be the initial approach that most Google Drive users consider. That is, you should first download the information from the origin Google Drive account to your local disk, and then transfer the files from your local device to the target account. This path is a little difficult. It requires a steady network and sufficient local memory to serve as transit, and it will take a long time if you have a large number of files to transfer.
However, most users often like the method. For more clarity, read the steps as follows:
- 1. Firstly, log in to your Google account using your Gmail address.
- 2. Next, navigate to Google Drive and pick the files you wish to move to another account.
- 3. For the time being, type "Demo" into the folder.The folder will be added to your location.
- 4. You can now easily download the demo folder and save all of your selected files to your computer.
- 5. Right-click on the folder and choose Download. Then Google server will compact every one of the documents for you into such a zip format.
- 6. You can easily extract all of the contents from the single zip file after it has been downloaded.
- 7. After you've extracted the files, go to another Google Drive account and click the "plus" symbol to upload the files and folders from that account.
2nd Method: Instant Move data from One Google Drive Account to Another
The most straightforward way to transfer documents from Google Drive is to use the native functionality of your Gmail account, as seen in the following:
- 1. Go over to Google Drive after logging into your Gmail account.
- 2. Select whatever files you wish to move towards another account.
- 3. Next, right-click on the documents and select Share; a new window will display.
- 4. Input the account information for another Gmail account and then select Advanced Settings. Ensure the access permission update is configured to "To Owner," then click the Send icon.
- 5. The data will be moved to another Google Drive account, which you may use to see your documents.
3rd Method: Use the Google Takeout feature
Google Takeout is yet another Google tool that allows users to generate archived files in order to effortlessly move content to other accounts. This method requires a difficult data transfer process and will transform your documents into a different type. You can, however, alter the file type in the preferences and then upload your information to the database account. The particular stages are as follows:
- 1. Firstly, go to Google Takeout and pick the files and documents you wish to transfer from your previous Google Drive account.
- 2. Scroll to the bottom of the page and afterwards press the "Next step" option.
- 3. Choose the method of delivery; in this case, pick "Add to Drive" from the dropdown menu.
- 4. Wait for the procedure to finish before clicking "Create export" Then you must save the zip file to your PC.
- 5. After that, the download is complete. Sign in to the Google Drive account and upload the downloaded document to it.
Limitations of Manual Methods
- The manual methods are a bit complicated, time consuming.
- Requires users to perform every manual step individually.
- Demands enough knowledge of Google Drive.
Have you ever been in a scenario where you needed to backup your emails?
It doesn’t matter if you are using Gmail or any other email client. If you use email communications on a regular basis and send and receive attachments, files, and other important things regularly, then it is natural that one day your email client will be out of storage.
Then the best solution for you will be to delete some emails. But every item is important to you. However, it can also happen that you have somehow lost your necessary email data. In these situations, you will feel bad for not keeping Gmail backup.
There are multiple tools available online, like the Regain Email Backup Tool. This program has a function for backing up email folders to your computer’s local drive. This program is compatible with more than 30 email clients. Here you don’t need any technical knowledge to preserve an email backup, and that’s why it is best for you.
Regain Email Backup Software - Features
- Backup emails from multiple cloud-based services such as AOL, Aruba, Asia.com, FTP Email account, G Suite, Gmail, Hosted Exchange Server, MDaemon Cloud, Office 365, Europe.com, etc.
- Backup GoDaddy email, Hostgator, Bluehost, Inmotions and all types of cPanel webmail accounts into different file formats as specified by the users.
- Migrates any email account mailbox to IMAP server, copies all emails from one account to another IMAP account, migrates any email account to online IMAP supported platform.
- Allows users to backup emails from several cloud-based services to PST, MBOX, EML, MSG, EMLX, vCal, vCard file formats.
- The tool supports 30+ email clients and maintains email properties, folder structureand hierarchy.
- Allows backup only selected email folders and backup emails from multiple cloud-based accounts at once using a CSV file.
How Regain Email Backup Software Works
- 1. Download, install and launch Regain Email Backup Tool. The welcome screen appears.
- 2. Select “Email Services” which you want to take backup, enter Login Details of Selected Email Account.
- 3. The software displays a preview of all available Mailbox folders.
- 4. Select Saving File format and click “Next” to save email data to your computer system.
- 5. The email backup process gets initiated.
- 6. On completion of email backup process, the software displays the backup process completion message as:
This article discusses the need to migrate Google drive data to another account and the manual methods on how to migrate google drive data to a different account. If you are looking for a solution to accurately backup your emails, then we recommend Email Backup tool for a safe and secure emails backup. The tool supports 30+ email clients to take accurate emails backup and is also available as a free to download trial version to let users check its capabilities before deciding to purchase the license key.