Import OST file into Outlook
Updated on November 21, 2022 by Armaan
On this page, we'll go through a simple and straightforward way for importing an OST file into Outlook. When you set up an account in MS Outlook, you create an OST file, which is an encrypted Outlook data file. It's associated with a specific profile on a certain computer where you've set up your account. When you have an MS Exchange account and wish to work offline, you use Outlook Data Files (.ost). They become helpful in case of server downtime or an unstable internet connection. There may be times when you need to use Outlook to view OST files at a different location on a different machine. However, manually importing items from an offline Outlook data file is not possible with MS Outlook (ost). To open an OST file in MS Outlook, you must first convert it into PST file.
A Personal Storage Table (.pst) is a Microsoft Outlook personal folder file used to save copies of messages, contacts, calendar items, attachments, tasks, notes, and other objects. PST files can also be used to import items from other Outlook data files and export items from any sort of email account.
You can quickly access an OST file in MS Outlook once it has been converted into PST format. This page discusses how to convert OST to PST in Outlook manually. We'll also discuss a fantastic tool for performing the conversion quickly and efficiently. But first, we'll concentrate on free options.
Reasons to Import OST file into MS Outlook
Because an OST file cannot be immediately loaded into Microsoft Outlook, let's see when it's necessary to convert offline OST files to PST format. There are many possible reasons, why users may want to import their OST files into Outlook. Some common reasons are discussed here:-
- When Microsoft Exchange Server fails, it causes a lot of problems. However, you can access your mailbox data files by using an OST file (offline storage table). However, you won't be able to make any changes; therefore you'll need to convert OST to PST.
- If you open MS Outlook and see the warning "OST File Cannot Be Opened Error in MS Outlook," you'll need to import.
- It takes some time for the Microsoft Exchange Server to go into maintenance mode. As a result, you will be unable to access your mailbox data files during this time, and you will need to convert OST file data to PST file format.
- You must execute OST conversion if you are migrating your mailbox content from one location to another or from one system to another. The reason for this is that an OST file can only be opened in the same system that it was created in.
- You've moved to a new company that doesn't use Microsoft Exchange Server, and you were using it in the previous company. You must convert your OST file to PST format in order to access or open the contents of your old mailbox.
- If your OST file gets corrupted for some reason, you will need to convert OST to PST format to restore your mailbox data files.
Apart from this, if you want to work on PST files instead of OST, you can even restore data from OST file to PST file and then import that PST file into your Outlook profile.
Using the steps we discussed above, you can accurately import OST files into Outlook profile. Although the steps in this process are simple, extra care must be taken when importing. This is because there are numerous ways that your OST file could get corrupted while copying. This would put you in an emergency situation.
In such cases, you can use the Regain OST Recovery software that will fix the damaged OST and convert it to a PST file for safe and easy access to your Microsoft Outlook data. In addition, this application provides users with a handy guide on how to repair OST files after corruption due to virus and malware attacks and other reasons. If you want to avoid all of this, you can use Regain OST File Recovery Software, a holistic tool for all of your Outlook-related problems like backing up your important emails. Move the entire Outlook OST to a new computer.
Regain OST Recovery Software is the finest tool that provides you complete data recovery and data protection where no risk of any data loss. You can easily select your damaged or corrupt OST emails, and this application easily fixes your OST file corruption issue. It can recover all your lost emails from OST files data with all mailbox items.
The Software also provides an option to save OST files into multiple file formats like PST, EML, MSG, MBOX, HTML, ICS, and vCARD. You can also migrate OST emails into Office 365 Account and Live Exchange Server. With this tool, user can easily select their desired OST files and import them into Outlook PST format without any technical skills.
OST to PST Converter Software also provides an amazing offer for new users. They can use this software free trial version and check the overall software performance; in this free trial version, users can also save 30 emails per folder at free of cost. So try free trial version and Import OST file into MS Outlook.