Migrate Windows Live Mail to Office 365
Microsoft Office 365 is a cloud service; that’s why nowadays we have seen that maximum users are using it to store their database on the cloud-based application Office 365. Microsoft offers a concept for using apps and the corresponding services to group your company. It is one of the most commonly used technologies that offers amazing functions for using Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc., without installing it on your computer. It stores entire data in the cloud with high security, which can be easily accessed and managed by users anywhere in the world. It also provides the latest technology in its subscription plans.
One of the best things is that it is a bunch of different services, functionality, and apps online not only this, it also offers cloud-hosted email services that connect the whole world with high storage capacity. These facilities are amazing to users, and because of this, most of the users want to connect to the Office 365 from their default email client, such as windows live mail.
Both these email clients, like Windows Live Mail and Office 365, support different file formats. Therefore, it is very difficult for users to migrate their emails, contacts, calendars from windows live mail to Office 365 account. So, if you are looking to migrate your Windows Live Mail emails to Office 365, you have to first export WLM emails to Office 365 supported file format, i.e., PST. Once the export process completes, you can smoothly import your files into Office 365 account mailbox.
Reasons to Export Windows Live Mail files to Office 365
Although we are all aware of the reasons, we should have a look at some of the most basic causes for conversion, which are listed below:-
Exchange Online Flexibility: Office 365 is an application that is simple to use via its web UI and with the help of a mobile app. Whereas Windows Live Mail email application is only used on a web interface, it is limited at the client end.
Sharing Facility: Office 365 provides sharing facility where anyone can easily share any data files without any issue and technical knowledge. It provides a safe and secure process without the risk of data loss during file sharing. It saves all the data in their servers so that you can easily view your data files whenever you want.
Worldwide Access: Office 365 is famous application which is used in all over the world. It’s a default application used in many companies and personal work from anywhere. On the other hand, Windows Live Mail does not have these features.
Methods to Migrate Mailbox from Windows Live Mail to Office 365
There is no single step method is available to migrate Windows Live Mail to Office 365 easily. There is two step process which needs to be followed:
- Step 1: – Export Windows Live Mail Data for Office 365 Account
- Step 2: – Import the Step 1 Resultant File into Office 365 User Account
Step 1: – Export Windows Live Mail Data for Office 365 Format
There are two ways to export WLM data for Office 365. You can use manual method or professional software for this task. We have explained both the methods below in detail:
Export Using Manual Method: –
- 1. First of all you need to open both the email clients i.e. MS Outlook application and Windows Live Mail
- 2. Now on the main screen of the windows live mail; click on the File tab and choose the Export option; here under the Export option click on the message option.
- 3. Select Microsoft Exchange and click Next.
- 4. Now you will see “Export Message” dialog box appeared on the screen.
- 5. Here, just click on OK button.
- 6. Select the desired or all folders to proceed further and click on OK button.
- 7. Now the Export process gets start.
- 8. Once the process get completed you will received a message – “Export Complete”
- 9. Now, you need to click on the “Finish” button to end the process.
Step 2: – Import the Step 1 Resultant File into Office 365 User Account
Users can execute this process in manual way as well as by using the professional method. Both the tricks are explained here in brief:
Import Using Manual Method:–
If we talk about the manual solution, it is of two types and they both are quite lengthy as well as time consuming. There are also several steps to take. If you are unfamiliar with the commands, only try in a professional way.
• Network Upload
• Drive Shipping
Professional Tool: Regain EML to Office 365 Migration
Using this professional solution is quite easy. It can execute the limitless migration without the risk of information loss. You are just required to download and install this EML to Office 365 Migration software on your system, and it will easily import all emails into Office 365 account. Using this professional tool, one can easily import emails & attachments as well. it only takes a few steps to perform the migration process.
Windows Live Mail to Office 365 Migration Software Features:
- Add EML Folder feature to migrate multiple EML files to Office 365 account in just few clicks. Also, there is no EML file size limitation to perform the email migration.
- Pause and Resume feature to pause and resume the migration process at any time whenever needed.
- Allows migratingselective EML files to Office365 accountand Live MS Exchange Server platformwith all mailbox items including all email properties such as Contacts, Calendar, Attachments, Address Book, Tasks, Mails, etc.
- Preserves original formatting, structure of your EML files and folders hierarchy and integrity.
- Displays preview of all EML messages before migrating to Office 365 account or MS Exchange Server and generates complete report after completing email migration that can be saved for future reference.
- Fully compatible with EML files generated from any email client such as Windows Live Mail, Windows Mail, Thunderbird, Outlook, Outlook Express, etc.
Steps - How Regain EML to Office 365 Migration Software Works?
- 1. Download, install and launch Regain EML to Office 365 Migration Software. The welcome screen of the software appears.
- 2. Click Add EML Folder to add multiple EML files at once for migration or click Browse to select EML files for scanning.
- 3. The software starts scanning the added EML file(s).
- 4. After completing the scanning, software displays preview of all mailbox items.
- 5. Click Office 365 and enter the login detailsof Office 365 account.
- 6. Click Connect to export EML files to Office 365 account.
To access and get the advantages of the Office 365, you have to move from your default email client to Office 365 account. And for that, you need to use an expert solution. Now, I think after discussing lots of information related to the Windows Live Mail to Office 365 migration your query, how to migrate Windows live mail to Office 365 will resolve. We have explained both the manual and the expert methods with complete steps by step guide to import emails from windows live mail to Office 365 user account. If you think that you have any type of doubt or concern even now, feel free to connect us. We always keep ourselves ahead to remove any kind of doubt that comes to the minds of our users.
How to Import Windows Live Mail to Office 365 – User’s FAQs
Question: Is it possible to manually import Windows Live Mail into Office 365?
Answer: Yes, but manual method is not at all trustworthy and safe because it may lead to data loss. So if you don't want to lose your important files, use the professional method discussed in this article to export Windows Live Mail to an Office 365 account.
Question: Does this software directly migrate Windows Live Mail to Office 365?
Answer: Yes, if your backup files is in EML format, user can directly import Windows Live Mail files to Office 365 account.
Question: I have an orphaned Windows Live Mail EML file. Can I import them into Office 365?
Answer: Yes, easily. Download and Install 'Regain EML to Office 365 Migration' tool. It takes few clicks to import eml files.