Updated On - October 8, 2022 by Henry Bray |Reading Time: 4 minutes
Do you know what trends nowadays – Migration between Office 365 and file formats. Now, most users prefer to move towards the best options available in the market instead of continuing with their current email client. We all already know that Microsoft has captured most of the market with its latest and modern software and applications. Office 365 is a popular web-based email client provided by Microsoft Corporation, and businesses are moving toward it without a second thought. In this blog, we explain why people are moving to Office 365 and know the best way to export EML files to Office 365 account.
Users must go through the conversion process to move data, as Office 365 has its file format and is not compatible with other formats; if you want to export EML files to Office 365 account and look for a reliable method. Then, your search is now on end as we have come up with an authentic solution to make the migration process stress-free and effortless.
Why Migrate EML files into Office 365?
EML is one of the defaults email storage formats for a large number of desktop-based applications. It stores all the data of the messages along with attachments, and not only this; it allows us to save the emails as the EML files supported by Windows Live Mail, Thunderbird, Outlook Express, etc.
Related Post: How to Migrate Windows Live Mail to Office 365 Quickly?
Whereas Office 365 is a cloud-based application that can be accessed data from anywhere at any time with the connection of the internet, that’s why this online service of Microsoft is also known as Outlook Web Access or Outlook 365. Generally, Office 365 is available, and anyone can use it on different devices like mobile, android, laptops, PC, Mac, etc.
We know that desktop-based applications have their own importance, but users may need to move email clients from desktop to online services to benefit from updated features. Office 365 is the perfect cloud-based email service available to users. Therefore, migration in Office 365 is trending.
How to Export EML to Office 365?
There are two methods available for migrating EML to Office 365, either you can use manual methods or any automated solution that you think is better. But when exporting EML files in Office 365 using manual technology, it takes a lot of time to complete the conversion work, as it has a very long process. If you choose this method, you need to be careful while running the conversion process to secure the data.
Export EML to Office 365 Manually
- First, open Windows Live Mail, then Click “File”, → “Export Email”, and then select “Email Messages.”
- Now from the Program list, select “Microsoft Exchange” and click the “Next” button.
- New message windows will pop up on the screen for confirming the exportation of messages. Click on “OK” and move to the next step.
- Now select the files/folders you want to export from Windows Live Mail into MS Outlook and click on “OK.”
- A window will appear on the screen displaying the EML to PST conversion process.
- Now click the Finish button once the conversion process completes
- Now you are required to sign in to your Office 365 account.
- In the Import page (of Data governance), you must create a new job to upload data to Office 365 Azure storage location.
- Now you need to copy the file and save the network upload SAS URL
- After download and run the Azure AZ Copy tool on your system.
- Use the command prompt to upload the PST files into Office 365 using the AzCopy.exe tool.
- Now you need to create a CSV file with mailboxes details And then again, create a PST import job.
- Finally, import PST files into Office 365 successfully.
Just now, you saw the manual steps given to import EML files in Office 365 above; you might find this process a bit difficult, but this manual method is not only difficult, but it also has some significant drawbacks; It takes a lot of time and even there is a possibility of data loss. So you need to do this migration work with the utmost care; one wrong step can ruin the whole process and lead to data loss. If you want an easy solution for your import work, use the professional tools we recommend below.
Professional Approach to Export EML file into Office 365
It would help if you had a professional tool like – Regain EML to Office 365 Migrator tool, which can complete your work quickly. This tool has been developed with the latest and robust features that smoothly complete the migration process of EML files to Office 365 accounts. Let us see here some features of this incredible utility, which is given below.
Features of Regain EML to Office 365 Migrator Tool:
- Designed with modern technology that migrates multiple EML files/folders to Office 365 account
- Allows migration of EML to Office365 with email properties such as Contacts, Calendars, etc.
- Offers facility to add multiple files in a single attempt, without limiting the size of files
- The ability to preview allows the user to see the data before the migration process
- User-friendly features to migrate EML files into Office365 and live Exchange Server
- Provides filtering data options such as Subject, from, to, etcetera, for selective migration
- Allows users to view migration reports after migration without any efforts
- It offers a demo version free of cost and lets you migrate the first 30 items from each folder.
Continuously remain in businesses in this competitive market, establishing the easiest way to transfer data. Office 365 meets the essential needs of users. Therefore, the migration to Office 365 has been marked by an increase in recent years. You can rely on Regain Software for your migration work; this tool never lets its users down and provides 100% guaranteed satisfactory results to its users at all times and will continue to do so. If looking for an eml to pst converter tool, then you can try this application.