Resolve Windows Live Mail Error 0x800ccc90
Updated On - December 22, 2022 by Nasir Khan |Reading Time: 3 minutes
The Windows Live Mail (WLM) program is a no-cost email client (but is now discontinued by Microsoft). It replaced Outlook Express and was a successor to Windows Mail (Windows Vista) (Windows XP and Win98). Reports of issues with Windows Live Mail 2012 began to flood in about 2013. The repeated appearance of erased emails was one such issue. Some Windows Live Mail customers are recently experiencing issues due to a new error or bug. The user cannot send or receive messages because of server error 0x800CCC90. The Outbox is where you’ll find any emails you still need to send. Several customers have indicated that antivirus and other third-party programs they use may be the cause of this problem. In this blog, we learn manual methods to resolve Windows Live Mail Error 0x800CCC90 and their reasons.
Error id 0x800CCC90 in Windows Live Mail: Possible Root Causes
Some of the most common reasons for server error 0x800CCC90 are as follows:
- When malware is installed, it corrupts the Windows registry.
- This includes erasing Windows Live Mail data by mistake.
- Windows Live Mail Default Settings Have Been Updated (WLM).
How to Resolve Windows Live Mail Error 0x800CCC90?
1. You can delete numerous accounts at once.
- Step1: Start Windows Live Mail.
- Step2: Now login with the account you want to delete.
- Step3: Select “Remove Account” from the menu that appears when you right-click the header.
- Step4: You’ll be prompted to confirm your action via a pop-up window.
- Step5: Confirm your decision by clicking the Yes button.
- Step6: Afterward, you should repeat the process with all of your accounts other than your primary ones.
- Step7: Exit the program and then reopen it. In order to see if anything has changed, try logging in to your account.
2. Modify the preferences in Internet Explorer
- First, open Run by pressing the Windows Key + R.
- Launch the Control Panel by typing control and clicking OK.
- Select Internet and Networking.
- Go to Tools > Internet Options.
- Select the Security tab in the Internet Properties box.
- Select a zone to examine or modify security settings, and click on Trusted Sites.
- Select the Sites tab.
- Add your site’s URL with a wildcard character in the Trusted Sites window.
- Turn off server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone by deselecting the box.
- Select OK to commit the modifications.
- Launch Windows Live Mail, add the account, and see whether anything has changed.
3. Fix the Windows Live Mail client
- First, open Run by pressing the Windows Key + R.
- After clicking OK on the resulting control prompt, type “control” to access the Control Panel.
- Next, navigate to Programs > Programs and Features in Control Panel.
- Choose Windows Essentials or Windows Live Mail if you installed them manually.
- Click the Change/Uninstall button.
- When you click this, Windows Live Mail’s repair utility and uninstaller will launch.
- Select all Windows Live programs, then click the Repair button.
- Windows will now scan Windows Live Mail, and any damaged files will be repaired if possible.
- Once the fix is complete, shut the Control Panel and launch your email client. Verify that the 0x800CCC90 problem in Windows Live Mail has been fixed.
Error 0x800CCC90 in Windows Live Mail happens most often because of a mis-configuration or a damaged Windows Live Mail client. To fix the problem, do as described in this article.
To help other users, please post any other solutions you may have found to this issue in the comments section.
Still facing error 0x800CC90? Use this tool:
If the aforementioned solutions have yet to work, then your copy of Windows Live Mail may have more serious issues. Regain EML to PST converter tool is what you need to quickly fix these issues, so go ahead and download it now.
Free Download100% Secure Buy NowPrice: $19
Microsoft Outlook is now the most popular and reliable email client available. Therefore, switching from Windows Live Mail to Outlook could be the best option. PST files may be opened and edited with less effort than EML files. The conversion from EML to PST, however, needs specialized software. Regain EML to PST Converter is such a program. Quite a few sophisticated options are included in this program. It is compatible with a wide variety of EML clients, including Windows Mail, Windows Live Mail, Thunderbird, Eudora, etc. Additionally, Windows 10 and all prior versions of Windows are supported.
Reasons for Windows Live Mail issue 0x800CCC90 have been discussed in this article. Malicious assaults and other causes of registry file corruption are major contributors to this issue. Three different manual approaches to fixing this have been examined at length. With Windows Essentials no longer receiving updates from Microsoft, it’s time for the user to consider switching from Windows Live Mail to Outlook 2016/2013. Thus, we suggest you use Regain EML to PST Converter to quickly and easily perform this conversion.
One thought on “Resolve Windows Live Mail Error 0x800ccc90”
The information in this post was really useful in fixing the Windows Live Mail Error 0x800ccc90. I’m relieved that solutions to this particular problem are easily accessible. Congratulations to the author for offering such a thorough, step-by-step tutorial!