Configure Yahoo Mail into Outlook 2019/ 2016?
Do you use Yahoo Mail email client and want to switch to MS Outlook? Actually, there is no debate on the performance quality of Yahoo mail. In fact, it is one of the most earliest email clients and it considered the third largest email clients.
But it is true that there is some more extended facility in MS Outlook than Yahoo. Besides, you can work in Outlook in offline too. However, users think that they must have a Microsoft ID to use the Outlook. Usually, it's not entirely true. If you have a Yahoo mail then you can easily configure it into the Outlook. Isn't it a good news for yahoo users?
Is really, MS Outlook is better than Yahoo Mail?
Actually, users mostly prefer to work on MS Outlook. There is some actual reasons behind this. If you compare through the facilities of both the email clients, then it is natural that MS Outlook will win. Using Outlook, you can get access of your single or multiple email accounts, snooze emails facility, unified inbox, professional tools, better and easier interface with excellence search box etc. Then there is also support from Exchange server.
What you need more? But while you look through the Yahoo Mail, you won't find all the facilities as MS Outlook provides. That's why Outlook is better than Yahoo Mail.
How to Configure Yahoo Mail into MS Outlook
Before starting configure Yahoo mail in MS Outlook, you have to setup some important setting to complete the configuration.
Allow apps that use less secure sign-in
It is necessary to configure your Yahoo mail account for making it accessible to any apps which has less secure sign-ins option. Read the instructions as follows:
- 1. First, sign in to your Yahoo Mail account.
- 2. Then select the "account info" (at the top right corner, tab on your profile and select it).
- 3. Next press on "account security".
- 4. Just turn on the "Allow apps that use less secure sign in" option.
- 5. This simple steps will allow Outlook to sign in to your Yahoo mail.
Generate APP Password
If you have enabled two steps verification in your Yahoo account, then you need to generate a latest app password. It will need during accessing Yahoo using a stranger application. Follow as described below:
- Step 1. Just like the first method, go to your "account security" and press on the "generate app password".
- Step 2. After that you will get a drop down menu. From their select "Outlook desktop" and press the generate button.
- Step 3. Just copy the password and paste into a secure place. You will need it later, while you will sign in to Outlook using your Yahoo mail.
How to Configure Yahoo Mail in MS Outlook 2019 or 2016?
If you have completed any of the above described two steps then you can directly and easily configure yahoo mail in Outlook. But if you haven't done, then their is a chance that you can get some additional errors. Follow the instructions as follows:
- 1. At first, Run your Microsoft Outlook and go to the file tab.
- 2. Next just select the "info" and press on "add account".
- 3. Input your Yahoo Mail address and press on the connect button.
- 4. Lastly, input your password and click on the "connect" again.
In this way , you can configure your Yahoo account in Outlook 2016 or 2019. If you have use the generate app password option then there is a chance that you need to input the previously copied password. If you still face the issue then you manually add Mail Server and Port numbers.
IMAP settings for the Yahoo account
- Server – imap.mail.yahoo.com
- Port – 993
- Encryption type – SSL/TLS.
- Server – smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- Port – 465/587
- Encryption type – SSL/TLS.
Incoming Mail (IMAP) Server
Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server
Backup Yahoo Mailbox in an Easy way
If you are familiar with online tasks then the most important thing is for you backup. It is possible that you have lost your data, in this situation backup is a second life for you. Just like using MS Outlook, it can be happened that somehow you have lost your necessary mails. When you will do then? But if you have previously taken a backup of your whole yahoo mails then you can realize how effective it is.
Take Backup of Yahoo Mailbox for Emergency Use
There are multiple tools available online. In this article, we will talk about Regain Yahoo Mail Backup software. Actually, it is a powerful backup tool that can simply backup your entire Yahoo mailbox. It's easy interface and stunning quality attracts the users.
Here is the steps by which you can backup your Yahoo mail using Regain Yahoo Mail Backup Software.
- 1. Firstly, download and install the “Regain Yahoo Mail Backup” Software
- 2. Input “sign in Details” of your Yahoo Mail Account
- 3. Then take a look of available all your Yahoo Mailbox folders
- 4. Lastly, select “Saving File” format and Click “Next” to download Yahoo Mailbox folders to your PC.
Regain Yahoo Mail Backup Software Features:
- Allows complete backup of Yahoo mails to multiple file formats (PST, EML, EMLX, MBOX, MSG) alongwith attachments and all mailbox data items.
- The Incremental Backup feature takes backup of only newly-added data except the previously backed-up data.
- Comes with Pause and Resume options to let users pause the backup process and resume it later.
- Supports backup of Yahoo emails to local drive, personal computer, Hard Drive, flash drive, USB.
- Facilitates migration of Yahoo mails to Microsoft Office 365 account and Live Exchange Server mailboxes.
- Allows selective Yahoo mails backup and preserves folder/sub-folder hierarchy throughout the backup process.
It is natural that somehow by mistake, you have deleted your important email in Yahoo. Generally, Yahoo doesn't give any in-built feature to backup your emails. In this purpose , a mail backup tool like Regain Yahoo Mail Backup is more essential for you.
However, this software is specially designed for the newer who haven't so much experience in this sector. Besides, it has many advance facility, it can backup mails in multiple formats. This software gives a preview of all folders before start backup so that you can customize your desire one for backup and many more facilities.