Simple Methods to Export Yahoo Mail to PST File
Updated On - December 27, 2022 by Henry Bray |Reading Time: 5 minutes
If you are looking for a solution for how to export Yahoo Mail to Outlook PST file, then this article will be a big help for you. Many users are looking for a solution for how to export Yahoo emails to Outlook PST files so that they can access Yahoo Mail emails offline in the Microsoft Outlook desktop application.
Reasons to export Yahoo Mail to Outlook PST File
There are numerous reasons for the users who want to access their IMAP account in a desktop-based email client. Few of them are as below:
- Data backup
- Access to data offline
- Protect Yahoo email account
- Power outage issues
- Allows restoring your valuable emails in the future.
- Allows accessing mailbox data via the MS Outlook application.
- Allows accessing mailbox data with low connectivity, user can open useful emails from a PST file without the Internet.
Related Blog: How to Import Emails from Yahoo Mail to Gmail
Manual Method to Configure Yahoo Mail to MS Outlook
To manually access Yahoo Mail emails in Outlook desktop client, perform the steps as discussed below. Before performing the steps, open Yahoo Mail and disable two-factor authentication. Also, generate an app password to log in without error.
- Launch Microsoft Outlook application on your system.
- Navigate to File > Add Account.
- Enter your Email ID and click on Advanced options.
- Select Let me set up my account manually.
- Select POP or IMAP option and click Next.
- Enter the details of your Yahoo account. Use following data in the Server Information section:
- Account Type – IMAP
- Incoming Mail Server – mail.yahoo.com
- Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) – mail.yahoo.com
- Click More Settings and enable the Outgoing Server Requires Authentication option in the Outgoing Server tab.
- Switch to the Advanced tab and enter the following details in their respective field:
- Incoming Server (IMAP) – 993 or 143
- Incoming Server Encrypted Connection – SSL
- Outgoing Server (SMTP) – 465 or 587
- Outgoing Server Encrypted Connection – TLS
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Click Next to finish the Yahoo account setup.
- Restart the application to synchronize Yahoo mailbox with Outlook.
Manual Method – Backup Yahoo Emails to PST Using MS Outlook
- Open Yahoo Mail and click Settings.
- Enable IMAP and third-party access to generate OTP for Yahoo mail.
- Launch Microsoft Outlook Application. Navigate to File > Info menu > click Add Account.
- Enter Yahoo mail login credentials and other information.
- Enter Yahoo OTP as password to sign in and click Finish.
- Once MS Outlook sync and load all Yahoo email folders, navigate to File > Info Menu > Open & Export > Import/Export.
- In Import and Export wizard, select Export to a file. Click Next.
- In Export to a File wizard, select Outlook Data File (.pst), click Next.
- In Export Outlook Data File wizard, select the folder to export from and then click Next.
- Select Include subfolders checkbox if you want to include subfolders as well.
- Click Browse to select the target location for saving Outlook PST file.
Select among the three options to manage the duplicate items:
- Replace duplicates with items exported
- Allow duplicate items to be created
- Do not export duplicate items
- Click Finish to allow MS Outlook to export Yahoo Mail emails to Outlook PST file.
Limitations with the Manual Method
Following are few of the limitations if you opt manual method to export Yahoo Mail emails to Outlook PST files:
- A technical process and requires enough technical knowledge of Yahoo Mail settings
- Lengthy and time-consuming method
- High chances of file corruption.
- May cause a data breach.
- Steps may change with every update.
Professional tool to Save Yahoo Mailbox data to PST file
Regain Yahoo Mail Backup Software is a professional third-party tool to backup Yahoo Mail account to user’s local computer system. The tool takes complete backup of Yahoo Mail account including all the folders, attachments, and all mailbox items without any data loss. The utility facilitates migration of Yahoo mails to Office 365 account and Live Exchange Server mailboxes.
Free Download100% Secure Buy NowPrice: $29
Eminent Features of Yahoo Mail Backup Software
- Maintains folder/sub-folder hierarchy and email properties throughout the backup process.
- Offers selective Yahoo Mail backup.
- Allows taking backup of Yahoo mails in multiple file formats – PST, EML, PDF, EMLX, MBOX, MSG, vCal, and vCard.
- Pause and Resume options allows users to pause the Yahoo Mail backup process and resume from the point where it was last paused.
- Incremental Backup option helps to back up only the newly added data except previously backed up data.
- Displays preview of Yahoo Mail folders in a tree structure.
- Take backup of Yahoo emails to computer/USB/Hard drive.
- Offers self-descriptive graphical user interface that eases Yahoo mail backup process easier even for non-technical users.
- Fully compatible with all Windows operating systems and MS Outlook versions.
- Available as free to download demo version.
- Free technical support on purchase.
Just 5 Steps and you are done with Yahoo Mail backup in PST Format
- Download, install and launch Yahoo Mail Backup software.
- Enter “Login Details” of Yahoo Mail account.
- The software will display preview of all available Yahoo Mailbox folders.
- Select “Saving File” format as PST.
- Click Next to download Yahoo Mailbox folders to your local system.
This article discusses the manual method for how to export Yahoo Mail emails to Outlook PST files. Since the manual method is complicated and time consuming, we recommend using automated Regain Yahoo Mail Backup software to take backup of Yahoo emails in Outlook PST file format. The Yahoo Mail backup software is available as a free to download trial version. You can check the capabilities of the software by first downloading the trial version. The trial version comes with a limitation of saving only first 30 items per folder. To save unlimited email items per folder, purchase the full licensed version of the Yahoo Mail Backup software.
One thought on “Simple Methods to Export Yahoo Mail to PST File”
This is a really helpful article that gave me the step-by-step instructions to export my Yahoo Mail data to a PST file. I was able to successfully complete the process and I’m glad I found this article.