Updated On - August 25, 2023 by Henry Bray |Reading Time: 6 minutes
Summary: This article refers to all users seeking how to backup Yahoo Emails to a PC or any other storage device. Also, we will suggest one of the most reliable Regain Yahoo Mail Backup Software to export your Yahoo mail data to internal or external storage.
Yahoo Mail is one of the most popular email clients provided by Yahoo. Yahoo is used to communicate with your business clients or customers through emails. It can store multiple emails, contacts, etc. Some users complain that their Yahoo account is not working correctly and want to migrate their emails and other data from Yahoo. In this article, we will discuss all the possibilities for backup Yahoo emails to a PC and also discuss some points why you need to take backup.
Why do users need to take Yahoo Email Backup?
You could want to back up your Yahoo mailbox data for many reasons, like migrating to another mailbox. Download the data for extra backup or migrate to a different cloud server. All our data is online today, and data privacy is of significant concern in history. It has occurred sometimes that Yahoo could not protect its customers’ data, which led to millions of people losing their data.
In Today’s age, data is of significant concern whether for individuals or any organization, and this lack of security from Yahoo leads its users to take backups of their mailbox data at regular intervals to their computer, pen drive, or any other storage device. Hence, methods are described below to export data safely and securely from your Yahoo mailbox to your computer or any other storage device.
3 Verified Methods to Backup Yahoo mailbox to Computer
- Method 1: Save Yahoo emails in a portable document format form
- Method 2: Export using Microsoft Outlook
- Method 3: An Automated Professional Tool
Method 1: Save Yahoo emails in a portable document format form
The simplest way is to export your Yahoo emails in portable document form and print all the emails to get back all your data from the previous account.
Stepwise guide to save Yahoo emails in a portable document format:
- Step 1: Open Yahoo and Log in your credentials.
- Step 2: In the Email section, tap Email Folder and click on the desired mail you want to print.
- Step 3: Above the email, tap on More. Go to the Print option.
- Step 4: Select Save as PDF in Destination, then press Enter.
- Step 5: Browse the location in your local storage where you want to save the copy.
Method 2: Export using Microsoft Outlook
Users can export their Yahoo emails using any desktop Outlook email client. Here is the step-by-step guide to exporting emails using a desktop Outlook email client. We will divide it into three different sections:
Generate a password for a third-party application.
- Step 1: In Yahoo mail, Click Account picture and tap Account info.
- Step 2: On the left side, click Account security, then tap Manage app password.
- Step 3: In a pop-up window, select Outlook desktop, then click on Generate.
- Step 4: It will create a Password, copy them, and click on Done.
Configure Yahoo Mail in Outlook 2019/2016/Office 365
- Step 1: In Outlook, Click Info, then tap Add Account.
- Step 2: Insert your Mail ID and Connect.
- Step 3: Paste your Password and tap on Connect.
- Step 4: Once you enter the password, click Done.
- Step 5: Open the Outlook desktop client. Yahoo Mail should then be configured successfully in Outlook.
Export Yahoo mail data to your PC.
- Step 1: Restart Outlook, click on Files, and tap on Open & Export. Click on Import & Export.
- Step 2: Select Export a file, then proceed to Next.
- Step 3: Choose Outlook Data File (.pst).
- Step 4: Select the folder you want to back up, tick on Include subfolders, and proceed to Next.
- Step 5: Browse the location where you want to save the backed-up PST file.
- Step 6: Go to the destined file and check your PST file.
Limitations of the manual method
- Manual Process: The whole process for the backup is manual. You will have to configure the Yahoo e-mail account with your Outlook manually.
- Complex and time-consuming: The steps are complicated, and it takes much time to back up your data.
- Single Mailbox: Through this manual process, you can take a backup of only a single mailbox at once, as this method is not feasible for bulk download of emails.
- Caution: This process should not be performed by a person who does not have technical knowledge about it. Otherwise, it may lead to data loss or any other mishappening with your data.
- Manual error: Due to the manual process and complex steps, there are many chances that human-made mistakes will occur during the data backup.
- Incomplete data backup: The data backup done through this method can lead to incomplete data backup or loss of data integrity.
- Limited saving format: This limitation offers only a limited number of saving designs and leads to errors. That error cannot be resolved even after restarting the system; the user will need to reconfigure Outlook again.
An Automated Tool to Backup Yahoo Mailbox to your System
The process to back up the data from your Yahoo mailbox is free but has many limitations. Hence, we want to introduce you to “Regain Yahoo Mail Backup” Software. This software can help you extract your Yahoo mailbox data effectively and efficiently. In short, this software allows us to remove limitations and offers us a wide range of options while extracting the data. You can take a backup of your Yahoo Mailbox in PST, EML, MSG, EMLX, and MBOX formats, and it supports Live Exchange Server and Office 365 accounts. It offers multiple options for data backup, like folder selection, date range filter, excluding a folder, etc., that can back up mailbox data selectively.
Following are the steps to Backup Yahoo Emails to Your PC
- Download, and launch Regain Yahoo Mail Backup software.
- Enter “Login Details” of Yahoo Mail account.
- The software will display preview of all available Yahoo Mailbox folders.
- Select the Destination location and “Saving File” format in which you want to get backup.
- Click Next to download Yahoo Mailbox folders to your selected location.
So far, we have discussed two methods to take data backup of your Yahoo mailbox and found that the first method is free but has a lot of complex steps, and the person should have technical know-how. Time-taking and a limited number of file-saving formats can also be considered cons for this method. On the other hand, the software “Regain Yahoo Mail Backup Software” is reliable and can be used without much technical know-how for this product. This provides a wide range of options while saving and effectively extracting data to avoid data loss. This software is the best option while taking data backup.