Microsoft Outlook Account Settings Out of Date. How to Fix it?
MS Outlook merges its database with the connection server automatically and displays the new info to its users. However, whenever you start the Microsoft Outlook application, you may see a pop-up message stating that "Your Outlook account preferences are out of date." The same messages may also be found at the Action Center. When you open the message, you will be given two choices: to repair the account or dismiss it.
Once you select the Fix Account choice, Windows will begin analyzing and resolving the warning issue. After you've resolved the problem, you'll be able to open Outlook and continue working on it. However, if the problem is not fixed after utilizing the Fix Account option, you will need to undertake further investigation and wait for the results.
4 Manual Methods to Fix 'Microsoft Outlook Account Settings Are Out of Date' issue
Actually, there are a number of reasons that can result in the issue, and according to the reasons, there are multiple solutions or methods to fix them. Keep reading and you will get knowledge about the appropriate methods to fix the solutions.
Method 1: Utilize the "Fix Account" button
Let us just begin with the most basic approach. This method has been confirmed to work for many people, and it may work for you as well.
Press on the following notification whenever it appears just above your taskbar:
The previous action would have launched your mail program. There are two buttons to choose from: Fix Account and Dismiss. Select the Fix Account option.
That's all. Now you must wait for the problem to be resolved. The mail client would then shut down. Restart it and see if the problem occurs again.
Method 2: Get rid of the Outlook Profile Folder
The information in the Outlook Profile Directory is frequently damaged, resulting in the message "Outlook account settings are out of date." You may resolve this issue by cleaning out the profile folder. Follow the instructions outlined below as well:
- 1. Right-click on the Windows button in the upper left corner of your taskbar and select "File Explorer." Otherwise, you may launch File Explorer by pressing Win+E, a keyboard shortcut.
- 2. Copy and paste "%APPDATA%MicrosoftProtect" into the address bar at the upper edge and hit Enter.
- 3. It will open your MS Outlook profile directory.
- 4. Make a backup of your profile directory by copying and pasting it to another destination, like the desktop or documents folder.
- 5. Remove the Protect folder after the backup has been completed.
- 6. Restart your computer, then reopen Outlook.
Method 3: Use your Microsoft Account to sign in
Whether you are checking in using your native Windows account, you should try signing in with your Microsoft account. This has resolved the problem for several people.
- 1. By hitting the keys "WIN" and "I" together, you may open the Windows Settings program. Then, select the Accounts tab.
- 2. Inside the right window screen, you should now see the following: Alternatively, hit the link and sign in with a Microsoft account.
- 3. The Microsoft login screen will now appear. Sign in using your Microsoft login details.
- 4. Windows Security would then prompt you to enter a security code. Enter a pin, verify it, and then press the OK icon.
- 5. That's all. You are now logged in to Windows using your Microsoft account rather than your native account. You may edit your Microsoft account by tapping on the hyperlink "Manage my Microsoft account".
Now there is a possibility that you can get the additional fixes.
Method 4: Modify the Time Synchronization Server
Switching the time synchronization server often resolves the "Your Outlook account settings are out of date" alert. To accomplish the exact same thing, read the directions as follows:
- 1. The Control Panel may be accessed using the Run dialog box or the Windows Start menu search feature.
- 2. Whenever the control panel appears, click the link for Clock and Region.
- 3. You must now select the Date and Time option.
- 4. Afterwards, choose the Internet Time tab and then the Change settings option.
- 5. Select a different time server from the dropdown menu option in the Internet Time Settings box. When you're finished, press the "Update Now" button. Whenever the update is finished, press the OK button at the bottom.
- 6. After pressing the OK button in the previous stage, you will be returned to that same date and time box. Press the Apply button, and afterwards, the OK icon.
In this way, we have changed the time server. This can lead to possible fixes.
Do you need to recover your corrupted PST files?
If you discover that your Outlook PST files have become corrupted and you are unable to access them, As a result, you are receiving multiple error alerts. In this situation, it is necessary for you to recover PST files. But you don’t know how to perform it and get back your inaccessible files.
In such environments, you can use the Regain PST Recovery tool . The program can recover all of your deleted or lost files, whether they were removed accidentally or on purpose. You can restore the deleted objects to their original location.