Export OST to PST in Outlook 2016
Updated on November 21, 2022 by Armaan
If you're having trouble exporting OST to PST in Outlook 2016, you'll find the best solution on this page. This page explains, how to export corrupt/ damaged OST files that aren't accessible in MS Outlook. You can quickly recover the entire offline emails and export them to PST format, no matter how corrupted OST files are.
Microsoft Outlook stores its data in two different file formats: OST (also known as Offline Storage Table) and PST (also known as Personal Storage Table). The PST files stores copies of Outlook messages, calendars, contacts, and other data on the system hard disc. On the other hand, OST files are exact copies of Exchange Server data that store a synchronized copy of your mailbox information on your local computer. It is kept so that Exchange data can be accessed offline. Users can use the OST file to access data in Outlook when offline. There are, however, several circumstances in which users export an OST file to PST file. We've compiled a list of scenarios in which you might need to export OST file to PST file in MS Outlook.
- If Exchange Server crashes due to corruption or another reason, users may need to export their OST files to PST.
- If the user's Exchange Server is down for maintenance, OST to PST conversion is required.
- Users can export OST files to PST files to recover all of their Exchange data that was accidentally deleted or lost.
Any damage to Exchange Server, such as corruption, inaccessibility, or accidental data loss, do not affect the contents of the OST file because the connection to Exchange is likewise terminated at this time. As a result, users may be prompted to convert OST file to PST file to view Exchange mailbox data directly in Outlook without the need for a server connection.
To export OST files to PST, we can use multiple free manual ways available online, but the manual solution is not as easy as it looks. On the other hand, manual approaches offer a slew of disadvantages, some of which we've highlighted here. Take a look at this:
Limitations of Manual Methods:
- Users with little or no technical knowledge may be unable to effectively use this method
- The manual approach may be problematic if you have a large volume of data.
- Manual procedure does not guarantee that the exported OST data will retain its structure.
- The manual procedure of exporting OST file to PST file in Outlook is complicated and time-consuming.
- Because all manual procedures carry a high risk of data loss, they should be used with caution.
These are some of the challenges that you may face while exporting OST to PST manually. All these concerns can be avoided by using a third-party or professional tool.
Steps to Export OST to PST in Outlook 2016
You can use Regain OST to PST Converter Software, which offers users a simple and straightforward process to export their OST emails to PST format in Outlook 2016 without any technical knowledge. The software can also restore data from corrupted OST files and recover deleted OST emails, including emails, notes, contacts, calendars, drafts, tasks, journals, hyperlinks, and email attachments. It allows users to export OST files to PST, EML, MSG, MBOX, HTML, ICS, and VCARD formats. You may also import OST emails into your Office 365 account and Live Exchange Server in a few simple steps.
Export OST to PST Features
- Instantly export OST file to PST file.
- Allows users to export OST emails to multiple file formats including PST, EML, MSG, MBOX, HTML, ICS, and VCARD.
- Easily Repair corrupt OST files.
- Export any size of OST file without any file size limit.
- Export selected OST file data with Selective conversion feature.
- Before the conversion, a smart preview of all email items is provided by application.
- All versions of MS Outlook and Windows OS are supported by the software.
- A free trial version is also available for anyone to try.
- The free version allows users to save up to 30 emails per folder.
Step 1: Launch OST to PST Converter Software on windows operating system
Step 2: Click on Add file/Add folder and select the files which you want to export
Step 3: After adding the file click on ‘Start Scan’. Now you can take detailed Preview of the added files
Step 4: Next in ‘Save destination path’ add Location where the files are to be saved and after that choose PST format in the Save Option.
Step 5: If you want to export your OST file to Office 365 / Live Exchange Server, choose Office 365 option on the tab above, then choose one of the two options, add User ID and password and click ‘Connect’.
Finally your files will be exported to PST file format in few moments. And show a message as shown below.
Steps to Export OST to PST file in Outlook 2016
- If a user only wants to export certain OST file items like email, contacts, tasks, calendar, etc. to PST file format, this utility plays an important role to do it safely.
- Exporting OST files to PST format is easy. Learning the functions of the software doesn't take long time.
- OST to PST Converter will keep the data in as it is form during the full conversion. It is a stand-alone program that does not require any other program to be supported to export OST data to PST format.
- OST to PST Converter free trial version is available to try it today to check the efficiency of the program.
- Users can export the OST data of any size to PST file format. In addition to this, you can handle the huge mailbox without any possibility of corruption.