How to Open EML Files into Microsoft Windows Environment
Updated On - December 5, 2022 by Armaan |Reading Time: 4 minutes
Are you seeking To open EML files into Microsoft Windows environment? We know that, according to some scenarios, sometimes you need to urgently open EML file, and at that time, Outlook, Outlook Express, or Thunderbird, nothing of the email client is installed on your desktop.
In these types of situations, you can use your desktop’s Windows environment to open any EML file urgently. But it’s a temporary way, not the exact way. Therefore, always try to use any email client that supports the EML files for better results. Let’s start our topic.
What exactly is an EML file? Brief discussion
EML is a data format that is utilize to preserve email messages in Outlook Express as well as other email providers such as Thunderbird, Windows Mail, Google Mail, and others. Emails with the .eml extension are kept in the MIME RFC 822 structured form. The ASCII content of the header material is store in the EML document, while the principal message content can contain web links and documents.
Related Post: How to Convert OST file into EML file format
Best 3 different methods to open EML files in the Microsoft Windows environment.
Basically, opening EML files in the Windows environment isn’t a specific method. We have applied several tricks on the Windows PC and found some DIY techniques to open an EML file. If you don’t have any EML format supported email client but urgently need to access it, then follow the methods as follows:
Method 1. Access EML files with a notepad and view them in plain text.
It is the most basic technique for opening EML files, but it is limited to displaying just the actual text of the email but not the whole of the styling inside the email, so it displays strange graphics in its alternative. Initially, read the below steps to learn about the technique steps.
1. Navigate to your EML document, right-click it, and choose the Open with choice. Next, from the list that has been displayed, pick the Notepad choice. In the same way, anyone may open EML documents via Microsoft Word or text documents.
2. It would load an EML document in Notepad in a specific coding format.
3. Merely look for the email message’s body text within the “body >” and “html >” tags. Visit “a =ref” tags for reference links. These URLs can be copied and pasted into an internet browser to see a sample of the material they contain.
As previously stated, this technique would expose only the email text contents and reference links and would not allow you to access or see any documents attached to the email.
Method 2. Access your EML files with your internet browser
EML files can also be view in internet browsers by modifying the file extension from .eml to .MHT. Internet Explorer supports MHTML files and provides the identical representation as the email program.
File Extensions must be activated first because the user has assigned them to “hidden” or if they are defined as “hidden” by default. To do so, open Windows Explorer, select the View tab, and afterwards look for the “File name extensions” option. If necessary, allow it. Read and apply the steps as follows:
- Navigate to the destination of your EML documents. Locate every item, right-click it, and then click Rename.
- Delete the .eml file extension and swap it with the .mhtml file extension.
- A pop-up window would appear, requesting that the extension be changed. Verify your decision.
- Once the file extension has been updated, try opening the modified MHTML document in Internet Explorer.
- The EML file material would be displayed in the identical manner as the MHTML document.
This method is quite useful, but with this technique you can’t download or view the attachments with your emails.
Method 3: Use any email client you have installed on your desktop.
This approach requires opening EML files using any email client platform accessible in the Windows environment. Please let us know how to do this in a few simple actions.
- Using the EML documents, navigate to the directory destination on your PC. Find the EML document, right-click it, and then select Open with Mail, Windows Live Mail, or any other email client such as Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express that is install on your device.
- The EML document would load instantly, displaying all of the message’s information and layout.
- Users may examine everything included within the EML document and download document attachments from the email client dashboard.
With some email clients, this technique has quite a bit of difficulty. EML documents simply drag and drop into the already open email program, including Outlook Express, Microsoft Outlook, Windows Live Mail, and so forth.
Are you in need of converting EML to PST urgently?
On your desktop, you may only have an email client that supports a PST file and nothing else. There are several scenarios that arise when you need to urgently convert your EML files into PST. In such situations, in comparison to manual techniques, the Regain EML to PST converter software is the best approach.
Free Download100% Secure Buy NowPrice: $19
With the help of this software, you can convert multiple EML files into PST in just a few moments, as it needs no technical expertise either.
One thought on “How to Open EML Files into Microsoft Windows Environment”
I found this article to be extremely helpful. It was great to learn how to open EML files in the Microsoft Windows environment. Thanks for sharing the information!