The Ultimate Guide To Changing Your Outlook Password
Updated on January 18, 2024 by Savita Sharma
Summary: Do you also want to change the Outlook password but do not know how? This article will help you to change the password of Outlook. However, you can take a backup of your Outlook profile with the Regain Outlook PST Repair tool.
Microsoft Outlook is one of the popular email clients widely used by corporations for business communication. Also, you can send and receive emails from friends, family, and business associates using your Outlook email account. But, as we know, data security is of utmost importance for everybody and that's why you need a strong password to safeguard your Outlook account.
But sometimes, we forget our password and it becomes an issue for us. You must recover your password to regain access to your Outlook emails.
Thanks to human curiosity, we use several platforms to connect with people and store and share information. So, we are prone to privacy breaches despite the barriers created around it. The stored or transmitted data is protected by a password we make, and the human brain might be complex but can't remember the stored things like a computer. So, we humans tend to forget passwords. It's no big task to change a password, but changing a password in Outlook is different. Although Outlook is not easily accessible to hackers, you never know, right? Have you forgotten your password? Do you have any clue how to change it? Well, follow some easy steps, and it's done!
Now, there are many ways to change the password of your Outlook account.
If you are someone like me who is used to forgetting passwords, it might be irritating because who remembers those long passwords you've kept so that the hackers couldn't guess them? Well, there are some simple step-by-step processes to change the password, in this case, that are relatively easy to follow:
2 Effective ways to Change your Outlook Password
Method 1: Reset Password using Web Outlook.
- 1. Go to the home page of your Outlook account.
- 2. Click on the option that says Can't access the account
- 3. By clicking that option, you'll land on a page that will provide you with three choices - I forgot my password, I know my password but can't sign in, and I think someone else is using my Microsoft.
- 4. You must click the first option, i.e., I forgot my password.
- 5. Further, you will proceed to a page wherein you have to enter your Outlook address.
- 6. Now, choose a verification method. Three methods are mentioned on the page - through recovery email and receiving a code on your phone number, and I don't have any of these.
- 7. Enter your verification code.
- 8. Generate a new password and log in to your account again.
Method 2: Reset Password using the Outlook application.
Since you used to forget passwords, you've started setting the same password for all the platforms. Hence, don't forget the password. But you felt later that my account was operated by someone else. In short, you were becoming highly vulnerable to privacy breaches. So, you decided to set different passwords for all those platforms. You were able to change all the passwords except for my Outlook account. Like you are clueless now, you also faced the same confusion then. One of your friends, who is highly efficient in these technicalities, came to my rescue, and you successfully changed my Outlook password by following the steps mentioned below:
- 1. Signin to your Microsoft account and tap the 'Settings' icon in the top right corner.
- 2. First, click 'Choose Options' and then select 'Account details.'
- 3. Click the 'Security and Privacy option and then choose 'Change Password.'
- 4. After that, you need to type your current password and the password you want to keep and then retype the latter one.
- 5. Click on Save.
Is your Outlook PST file corrupted?
You shouldn't be too shocked to find this subject in this article; This post covered changing passwords in MS Outlook. It is normal to have some mistakes made within your Outlook. Most of the common issues are due to PST file corruption. Many users are seeking ways to repair their Outlook file corruption. Because manual methods are crucial, it's common to implement an automated procedure.
Sometimes, you have to verify an essential email within the email in your Outlook, but it isn't opening and then throws an error. In that case, you'll feel at a loss. If you've got Regain Outlook PST Repair software, you can fix the PST file and complete the work quickly. This software will allow you to convert the files into various formats.
Simple Steps to Repair PST files using Regain Software
- Firstly, download and install the Regain Outlook PST Repair software on your device.
- Then browse and add the PST files you need to repair.
- After completing the scan, see the preview to avoid any confusion.
- Select your desired format and the specific location.
- Finally, click on the save button to save the file.
The Advantages of Using Outlook PST Repair Software
If you are facing a PST file corruption problem, then at the same time, you can get the facilities to convert PST files to other formats and vice-versa. Some of the eye-catching benefits are listed below:
- It can repair corrupted or inaccessible PST files and convert pst files to multiple formats.
- It has simple-to-use features and an extensive interface.
- This software has a preview facility.
- It uses file's original structure to repair or convert files.
If these two methods do not work, you can recover the information stored in your Outlook account with the help of a password-protected PST file. In the end, it is the most suitable solution. But if the same gets corrupted, use another Regain Outlook Repair tool. This repair tool seamlessly helps you recover emails, file attachments, etc. I want to conclude this beneficial article with another piece of advice that would apply to every stage of life. See, everything is easy unless you find a way to do it.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Ques1: How can I change my Outlook password in Windows 10?
Ans: Select the account you need to update from Settings > Manage Accounts. Assuming you chose an Outlook.com account, you can change or refresh your secret phrase by picking Change account settings. Mail for Windows 10 will take you to a page for your record where you can change your password.
Ques2: How can I change my password in Outlook Office 365?
Ans: Change your password using Outlook Office 365 using the web:
- 1. Utilizing your account from work or school, log in to office.com/signin.
- 2. Go to Settings > Password.
- 3. Enter your old password.
- 4. Make another Password and acknowledge it.
- 5. Select Submit to get done and change your password.
Ques3: Apart from the Outlook email client’s password, I want to recover the PST file that is password protected; is this possible?
Ans: Yes, you can do it. Using the Regain Outlook PST Repair Tool, you can add and save the encrypted PST files and hence can recover the password.
Ques4: Can I change the Outlook application password using the web Outlook?
Ans: You just need to verify in a manner to change the Outlook password using the Outlook Web Application. Use the I forgot my password after going with the Can’t access the account option.
Ques5: I just want to check the efficiency of the Regain Software in recovering the inaccessible file; can I do it for free?
Ans: Yes, you can get the free trial version that allows you to add and preview the PST file items after the recovery. Once you are satisfied with the tool, you can move further for the license.
Ques6: Can I ensure the recovered items before saving them again in the resultant file format?
Ans: Yes, you can ensure the recovered items. The software provides a preview of the items within the PST file. After getting ensured, you can move further.