How to Find OLM File Location in MAC Outlook?
Updated on October 26, 2022 by Nasir Khan
Microsoft Outlook is a well-known email program that is accessible for both Windows and Mac devices. Based on your email account, like IMAP, MAPI, POP3, or others, the mailbox data in Outlook for Windows is kept locally in PST or OST file. However, the data file for Outlook for Mac is abbreviated as "OLM." You might think of it as a Windows alternative to the OST/PST file of Outlook.
It preserves all of the data in Outlook for Mac, such as emails, documents, connections, calendar events, remarks, and so on. Whenever you need to update your Mac device or upgrade Outlook for Mac to the current edition, you must export the OLM data to another file format or location for backup or other reasons. Users must be aware of the OLM file location in Mac Outlook in order to complete this activity.
But the inbox data in Outlook or Mac is not kept in a single directory, but rather in a distinct file for each mailbox item. As a result, you cannot access OLM files directly in Mac Outlook, and there is no normal OLM file directory in Mac Outlook. You may, meanwhile, directly export the mailbox data to OLM.
What is the exact location of OLM files on your Mac device?
Actually, the location of the OLM files isn't the same for all Mac operating systems. It differs from version to version.
- If you are using Mac OS X 10.5 or later, then you may use the Outlook 2011 version. Find the OLM file location for Outlook 2011 in the below image.
- If you are using Mac OS X 10.13 and 10.14, then you may use the Outlook 2016 version. Find the OLM file location for Outlook 2016 in the below image.
- If you are using macOS 10.15.7 or 10.15.6, then you may use the Outlook 2019 version. Find the OLM file location for Outlook 2019 in the below image.
Is your Outlook folder hidden? What to do to fix it?
The "Outlook 15 Profiles" folder remains hidden by default in Outlook for Mac. You must render it visible in order to obtain the OLM files. You may access the Outlook 15 Profiles folder by unhiding the Library folder. Take the appropriate actions:
- Start Finder and navigate to "Home."
- Choose View, followed by the "Show View" options.
- Exit View Options after ensuring that the Show Library folder is enabled.
After you've completed the above steps, you'll be able to view the Outlook 15 Profiles folder. You may then access your mailbox documents.
In the above, we have indicated that you can manually export your Outlook for Mac data (including messages, contacts, notes, calendar entries, etc.) to OLM. Now let us discuss the steps of these procedures.
Steps to Manually Export Mailbox data to OLM
- 1. Launch Outlook for Mac and navigate to the Tools tab. Select Export.
- 2. Sort the data by type and category. You can switch between different types and categories. Afterwards, press the Continue button.
- 3. Give the OLM file a title and select a place to store it. Save the file.
- 4. Outlook begins exporting the data to the OLM file.
- In this way, you can export or save the OLM files to your device. Once you have stored the OLM documents in any location, you may import them into a subsequent edition of Outlook. If you upgraded from Outlook 2011 to Outlook 2016, or from Outlook 2016 to Outlook 2019, this guide will help you. Furthermore, using the same process, you can effortlessly import the OLM files into Outlook.
Steps to import OLM files into a newer version of Outlook
- 1. Press the Import option in the Tools section.
- 2. Choose the third "Outlook for Mac archive file (OLM)" choice.
- To import the OLM files, press Continue and go to it. You may access the data after importing it into your account.
Are you thinking of converting OLM files into PST?
If a user decides to migrate to a Windows Operating System scenario for any reason, we have a dependable method for transferring valuable OLM data files to this new environment. Someone can't directly view OLM files in a Windows operating system since Outlook in this operating system is only compatible with the PST file format, which is known as Outlook's database file. As a result, OLM to PST conversion is required.
For this purpose, you can use the Regain OLM to PST Converter software. It is the greatest program we suggest for transferring data (including emails, calendars, contacts, events, and notes) from OLM to Outlook PST instantly.
All Mac OLM files can be easily converted to Outlook PST format using the Regain OLM to PST Converter. It allows the user to store OLM files in a variety of file formats, including NSF, MBOX, PST, MSG, HTML, vCard, EML file. And allow user to import OLM files to Office 365, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, and other email platform as well. It keeps the exact email framework and makes no modifications to the text. The metadata and directory structure remain unchanged, and no data is lost.