How to Change OST file into Outlook PST
Are you looking for a safe way to change OST file to Outlook PST file format? If that's the case, this post is for you. On this page, we've covered the advanced stages and the recently released OST to PST Converter Tool, which allows you to change OST files to PST format and many other file formats. On this page, we will discuss the advantages and disadvantages of each of these OST to PST export methods before finally recommending the best conversion technique.
In MS Outlook, an OST file is an offline file folder. It allows users to work offline and then synchronize their modifications with the exchange server the next time they connect. PST is an open proprietary file format used by Microsoft software such as Microsoft Exchange Client, Windows Messaging, and Microsoft Outlook to store copies of messages, calendar events, and other data.
Common Reasons why User need to Change OST into PST format
Some of the main reasons why we need to change OST file to PST format are given below:-
- Exchange Server Crash: If the Exchange Server crashes or the system fails, or if a virus hits the Exchange Server, you will be unable to connect to it. These kinds of scenarios can have a negative impact on your business and work, and your Outlook profile may not function properly. As a result, you can avoid this problem by changing OST to PST.
- Accidental deletion of Exchange Server account: If your Exchange Server account is deleted by mistake or if data is lost. It is simple to recover simply changing an OST file to PST file format.
- Data Migration: By converting an OST file to a PST format, you may simply export data from one system to another. This is beneficial in businesses that want to transfer data between machines.
- Exchange Server maintenance: It's critical to have access to all mailbox items even if Exchange Server is down for maintenance. This is crucial because downtime might be prolonged and have a negative impact on your organization. In these situations, change OST into PST is an excellent option.
- Rebuild OST file: If you want to rebuild your OST file but it contains unsaved data, you can do so. In that case you need to convert OST to PST.
Now let's start with the steps to change OST file to Outlook PST. The process can be performed manually or using a third-party tool.
Manual Method to Change OST into PST format
Method 1: Using Archive Method to Change OST into PST
With this built-in feature, you can copy the OST file directly or move it to a PST file. This is a great way to move your email file from OST to PST. Contacts are not moved. Suppose you want to change the OST file for contacts to a PST file. This may not be helpful.
Following are the steps to move OST file:
- 1. Open Outlook in your system and then open the OST file that you want to move to a new PST file.
- 2. Now main window will appear on the screen and click on File >> Info.
- 3. Now, you have to select Archive in the listed block.
- 4. After selecting the archive pop-up box is displayed.
- 5. Select a folder that you want to move.
- 6. On the same screen you can see the archive items that are older than: Select the date there.
- 7. Now browse you want to save a new PST file. And click the OK button.
Method 2: Using Export Method to Change OST into PST
This is another Outlook built-in methods to change OST file to PST. Unlike the archiving function, it is the quickest and most straightforward way to move all mailbox data from the OST file to PST file. In this case, we can not only use it to change the OST file to a PST file, but we can also change it in CSV and Excel formats.
Steps to Change OST into PST file:
- 1. First of all visit Window program and open the Outlook application in the system.
- 2. Go to the main menu and then click on the File
- 3. Click on Open and Export and then choose the Import/ Export option
- 4. The import and export wizard is displayed in a window. Choose Export to a File.
- 5. Click the Next button to continue the process.
- 6. Now select Outlook data file (.pst), click the Next button.
- 7. Select the mailbox folder where you want to save your PST file. Click Next to continue.
- 8. Now click on Browse to select the location to save the PST file.
- 9. Click on the OK button. And then Finish.
Finally, the new PST file contains the entire mailbox folders that are exported from the OST file.
Change OST into PST file using Regain OST Converter tool
You can perform conversion of OST to PST manually, but it has many disadvantages. It is not suitable for beginners as it requires technical knowledge to do the same thing. With the help of this Regain OST to PST Converter software, both professional and home users can use the tool to change OST files to PST format. The software even supports the batch process. It allow moving the entire OST folder with multiple OST files to PST simultaneously with no file size limitation.
To learn more about how the software works, get the free demo edition of OST to PST Converter, which allows you to change the first 30 files from OST to PST for free. With FREE DEMO, a user can analyze and understand the software before purchasing the license key.
Follow these Steps to change OST file to PST Outlook:
- 1. Launch "Regain OST to PST Converter" Software
- 2. Browse and select the OST file to scan that you want to change in PST format
- 3. Before the actual conversion, it will preview the scanned items of the selected OST file
- 4. Select the Save to PST option to save the data after conversion
- 5. Select the "Destination Path" to save the data on the local system after the conversion
- 6. Click 'OK' to begin the conversion of OST mailbox items. Once the process completes it will show you a message – "Saving Process has been completed".