Open NSF Files in Thunderbird
Updated on October 31, 2022 by Deepika Singh
As today is the era of competition, there are various email clients offering different features compared to that of another mail client. The desktop-based mail client allows users to access emails even when they are not connected to any network. In this post, we will be discussing the easy way to run NSF files in Mozilla Thunderbird. HCL Notes (currently known as Lotus Notes) is one email client which creates its file in NSF format, and Thunderbird is another Email client that saves its file in MBOX format.
Let us discuss in brief about Lotus Notes and Thunderbird mail client
HCL Notes, now known as Lotus Notes, is an email client which performs multiple functions such as email, calendars, to-do lists, contact management, discussion forums, file sharing, team rooms, microblogging, instant messaging, blogs, and user directories.
This mail client is an open-source and free email client. As it is a free email client, it is preferred by small business professionals and is mostly used by personal users. Thunderbird email client provides various services like is email client, news client, chat client, and RSS. It also supports various platforms, i.e., Window, Linux, Mac OS.
User has to go for third party tool to open NSF file in Thunderbird as both the Email client have different file format and there is not any manual process for migrating NSF file to MBOX format. Regain NSF to PST Converter is the best tool that will help you to run your NSF file in Thunderbird very easily. For using the NSF file in Thunderbird, you need to export the NSF file in MBOX format that Thunderbird supports. This tool allows the conversion of files in a few clicks without any data loss and maintains data integrity.
Reasons why user Move from Lotus Notes to Thunderbird
People use those working environment which is easy to use and comfortable for them. If they find a new environment that is better than their current environment, they will easily move to the new one that will provide the best value and features to them. That’s why one of the main reasons for importing emails is a new environment that provides new features and security.
Challenges while moving Lotus Notes NSF file to thunderbird
There are many challenges users face while moving Lotus Notes NSF file to thunderbird account. Some of the challenges are:-
- Both applications file formats are different, so they can't be opened.
- There is no way to manually open NSF files in MBOX mail.
- Is it possible to recover all data items using third-party software without causing damage to the original mail?
Easiest Way to Open NSF files to Thunderbird EML format:
Step by step guide to Open NSF file in Thunderbird :
- 1. Launch and Run Regain NSF To PST Converter on Windows Operating system
- 2. Click on add file to select NSF files
- 3. Manually select the files and click OK
- 4. You can take Preview of the selected file before saving it to other format
- 5. Next from saving option select the file format i.e. MBOX. There are several other formats in which Files can be converted.
- 6. After selecting the file format select the location where the files are to be saved. Files can be saved at any location on the system.
- 7. At last click on Convert tab your files will be exported shortly.
Salient Features of Regain NSF to PST converter
- Conversion of NSF files in few clicks
- Manual selection of file for conversion
- Multiple conversion formats i.e. PST, MBOX, MSG, EML, EMLX
- Export NSF files to Office 365 or Lives Exchange Server
- Compatible with Lotus Notes versions 6.0, 6.5, 7.0, 8.0.2, 9.0, 9.0.1 and 10.1
- Supports all Windows edition i.e. Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, XP, Vista
- Detailed Preview of file before saving
- Maintains hierarchy of data
- Download free trial version (Save 30 emails per mailbox at free of cost)
Users always prefer the comfortable, satisfying and affordable environment for working. That’s why they keep on switching from one Mail client to another Mail client. So on the above page, we have discussed how a user of Lotus Notes can migrate his mailbox with all the messages and attachments with all original properties to Thunderbird. The reason why the user wants to move to Thunderbird can be its accessibility with cross-platform, advanced functioning, security features or new working environment, etc.
So, without facing any problem in migrating from Lotus Notes to Thunderbird, you can use Regain NSF to PST Converter. The advanced algorithm tool does not require any technical knowledge, and Novice users can use it.