Merge Two IMAP or POP3 Email Accounts in MS Outlook
Updated on February 18, 2023 by Armaan
Several users seem to have at least two email accounts, one for professional and private use. However, managing multiple accounts and checking new emails in separate accounts can be difficult.
MS Outlook users can save all their account messages to a single inbox by importing them into a personal venture. In this post, we'll go over how to combine two IMAP email accounts in Outlook and merge two POP3 email accounts. Keep reading
Steps to Merge Two IMAP or POP3 Email Accounts in Outlook
You can handle your emails more easily if you merge the accounts into a single account. MS Outlook allows you to merge POP3 and IMAP email accounts. You must follow the steps outlined below to do this.
Merging two IMAP email accounts in Outlook
There is a variation in merging IMAP and POP3 email accounts. That’s why we have described the steps for each in two different stages for your comfort and clearance. At this stage, you will learn about merging two IMAP email accounts by following the steps as follows:
- 1. To begin with, launch Microsoft Outlook on your device. Next, navigate to the left panel and choose an account. Right-click on that.
- 2. Then, select the New Folder option. Below, click Create New Folder, choose a suitable title, and press OK.
- 3. Afterward, go to the Home screen and pick Manage Rules and Alerts from the Rule Drag-Down List.
- 4. Choose an account and hit "New Rule" in the Rules and Alerts window.
- 5. Navigate to the heading and begin with a blank rule in the Rules box. Next, click the Apply rule to messages I received. Afterward, hit the next icon.
- 6. Then, activate the checkbox corresponding to the given account.
- 7. Pick Specified from the drop-down menu, and an Account dialog box will appear.
- 8. Press OK after selecting the needed account. The account name will appear at the top of the window. After that, press the Next icon.
- 9. Next, pick the option to move it to the selected folder and press Specified and Rules, which will launch an alert window.
- 10. To merge two IMAP email accounts in Outlook, choose the freshly formed inbox folder.
- 11. The folder title will appear at the bottom of the screen. To quit, hit the Finish icon.
- 12. This will take you back to the Rules and Alert window and reveal the most recently established rules; press the OK icon to implement the rule.
- 13. Lastly, you must repeat the process to move all email messages from numerous accounts to a generic mailbox.
Merge multiple POP3 email accounts in Outlook
It is usually best to use the same delivery address for all Outlook accounts if you want to receive emails from numerous Outlook accounts in the same timeframe. To modify the delivery location and combine several POP3 email accounts in Outlook, read the instructions as follows:
- 1. To begin with, launch Microsoft Outlook and navigate to Account Settings.
- 2. Afterwards, hit the File option and then Account Settings. Next, press "Email."
- 3. Choose the POP3 accounts whose delivery location you wish to alter.
- 4. Next, click the Change Folder option in Microsoft Outlook to merge two email accounts.
- 5. Then, as a specified folder, pick the location where you want to save the emails.
- 6. The folder might be an existing one, like the inbox, or it could be a new one.
- 7. Users may create new folders such as Inbox-Account1, Account2, Account3, and so on.
- 8. In Outlook, you may modify the destination where a new mailbox will be sent if you have a POP3 or Exchange account.
Merge IMAP or POP3 Email Accounts by Using Regain Software
If you have read the above steps, then it should be clear to you that the above steps are completely manual. But most users do not have much technical knowledge, and there is a possibility of data loss during the process.
Therefore, you can use the Regain PST Merger software to escape the critical manual process. It is the ideal solution for combining multiple Outlook email PST files into a single account or PST file. It presents a reliable GUI interface that anybody can operate.
How to merge multiple email (IMAP or POP3) accounts using Regain PST Merger tool?
- 1. Firstly, download and execute the software on your device.
- 2. Upload your PST files by clicking the "Add PST file" button.
- 3. Following the addition of PST files, the program previews all mailbox items.
- 4. For PST file merging, select the destination location and press the Next button.
After reading the above steps, you may realize the easy procedures of this software. It has a few more advanced features. Like, no size limit. It means it can merge any size of PST files.
Besides, you can merge ANSI and UNICODE PST files using the software. It has the facility to merge PST files with Ease.