Windows Live Mail is one of the ancient email clients provided by Microsoft. But at present, it is no longer available to be supported by Microsoft, and that’s why MS gives more priority to using Outlook as an alternative to it. However, Outlook has the better facility to take the place of Live Mail.
As a result, many users feel interested in switching to Outlook. But still, many users are using Windows Live Mail (WLM) because they have important data in their WLM mailbox, and as usual, they don’t want to lose it. However, it can be possible to import mailboxes from Windows Live Mail to Outlook. In this article, we will go through the methods of it.
1. The update and support for Windows Live Mail has been terminated.
2. As opposed to Windows Live Mail, Outlook has a larger user base.
3. Maintaining mailbox contents in Outlook is far more straightforward than with Windows Live Mail.
Actually, for a good purpose, Microsoft has provided a manual technique for importing emails from Windows Live Mail to Outlook. You may either utilize the option or try a professional tool to transfer your emails, contacts, calendars, and other data from Windows Live Mail to Outlook. Keep reading; we have discussed multiple methods.
To begin with, create a backup of the Windows Live Mail EML documents as a precautionary measure, since manual methods frequently result in the loss of data. You can quickly convert EML file to PST if you have all of these (Windows Live Mail and Outlook) installed on your machine. Simply follow the instructions outlined below.
1. Run both Windows Live Mail and Microsoft Outlook at the same time.
2. Choose the Export Email option from the File menu. Select email messages from the Export Email menu.
3. Pick Microsoft Exchange and press the Next button in the Windows Live Mail Export window. A dialog box titled "Export Message" will display on the screen. Press the OK button.
4. To export the data to MS Outlook, pick the required folders or all folders according to your needs. To begin the exporting procedure, press OK.
5. The "Export Complete" notification will appear on the display shortly after the export procedure is completed. To end the export procedure, press the Finish option.
Just after that, when you complete the preceding procedures, broaden the Windows Live Mail email ID folder in Ms Outlook to look for the exported emails. You may also use Outlook's Import and Export feature to import Windows Live Mail emails.
If you have a few email data files in the form of EML files that you wish to attach to a current PST file, just drag and drop them into the specified PST mailbox directory in the Microsoft Outlook program.
There are several limits to manually converting EML files to PST. The following are some of the most prevalent drawbacks of employing manual approaches.
Let’s check out the fastest and easiest third-party solution.
The Regain Windows Live Mail to PST converter software can be the best third-party solution for you for the WLM data conversion procedure. It is a powerful and effective program with the capability of group EML file conversion. By converting numerous EML files at once, this batch conversion method saves the user important time.
It is a quick and productive program that allows you to export EML mailbox items into a new PST file that can be saved anywhere on your PC. Throughout the conversion process, this program preserves the exact directory structure and metadata information.
Here are the simple steps to using this software.
1. The process begins with downloading and installing the software on your device.
2. After opening the software, press the "Browse" option and choose the EML files you wish to convert.
3. Then check out the preview of all the scanned EML files and then press the "Save" button to proceed to the next stage.
4. Select the desired file format, such as PST or MSG, and then click the "Save" button.
5. Lastly, after the conversion of the files, they will be stored on your system.
As MS has discontinued the service of Windows Live Mail, a lot of users have switched to Outlook, and many are thinking of moving to Outlook. But they have vital email data on WLM. In this situation, converting EML files into PST is the best solution. However, MS has mentioned the manual import process, which is quite critical. Therefore, users can use the Regain Windows Live Mail to PST converter software, which is one of the best third-party solutions.