Updated On - April 25, 2023 by Henry Bray |Reading Time: 6 minutes
Now Microsoft has stopped providing supports to Windows Live Mail email clients as it was discontinued in 2012. Therefore many users are shifting from Windows Live Mail to other mail clients. Nowadays, users prefer to use Microsoft Outlook for personal and professional purposes as it provides many useful features like handling multiple accounts from the single interface, configuring Gmail account to Outlook, advanced level of security etc. these are the main reason for which many users have already or planning to export Windows live mail to Outlook on another computer as there is no point in using the Windows Live Mails. So, if you are looking for a solution to Export Windows Live Mail to Outlook, you might find this article worth a read.
Overview of Windows Live Mail
Windows Live Mail is an email client that was introduced by Microsoft as a part of the Windows Live Essentials suite. It is used by millions of users around the world to send and receive emails, manage calendars and contacts, and access newsgroups. Windows Live Mail is free and supports multiple email accounts, making it a popular choice for personal and business use.
Why Export to Outlook/ Benefits of using Outlook:
Outlook is another popular email client developed by Microsoft. It is a powerful email management tool that offers many advanced features, such as integrated calendaring, task management, and contact management. There are many reasons why you might want to export your Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook. For example:
- Better Integration: If you use other Microsoft Office products, such as Word, Excel, or PowerPoint, you may find that Outlook integrates more seamlessly with these tools.
- Advanced Features: Outlook offers many advanced features that are not available in Windows Live Mail, such as the ability to create and manage rules, categories, and search folders.
- Enhanced Security: Outlook provides enhanced security features, such as advanced spam filters, phishing protection, and encryption options.
- Access to Microsoft Exchange: If you use Microsoft Exchange for your email, calendar, and contacts, Outlook may provide better integration with this system.
3 Simple Methods to export Windows Live Mail to Outlook on another Computer:
- Export Using Windows Live Mail
- From the Windows Live Mail File Location
- Using Professional Tool (Regain EML to PST Converter)
1st Method: Export Using Windows Live Mail
- Open Outlook & Windows Live Mail email client, click on File > Export email > Email messages.
- Now, you see Windows Live Mail Export tab, choose the Microsoft Exchange option as the format and click Next.
- Here, you will see the Export message, just click OK for confirmation.
- You choose either, the Selected Folders or All Folders that you need to export. And hit OK to proceed.
- From the Export Messages dialog, either selects all folders or selected folders options and click OK to proceed.
- Now you see the status of the export process, wait for a moment to get it completed.
- Open your Outlook to verify the exported items.
As you now know, you have all the Windows Live Mail items currently exported to Exchange, which you can download easily as a PST file on a storage device according to your choice. You can accomplish this quickly with the Outlook desktop client’s import/export feature.
Note: Let you know in advance that while exporting Windows Live Mail to Outlook, you must ensure that no Outlook instance is running. As this happens, the functionality to export email to MS Exchange is interrupted.
2nd Method: From the Windows Live Mail File Location
It is also possible for you to transfer Windows Live Mail files stored in EML file format on your system. If you are looking to export your Windows Live Mail EML files to a new PC, you have to configure the Outlook desktop client on your new system, after which you can drag and drop your EML files into the newly created folder inside the Outlook client. To do this, you need to follow the instructions steps by steps given below:
Related Post: How to Migrate Windows Live Mail to Office 365 Quickly?
- Typically, your WLM files will be found on your system at the following location:C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail
- At that location, you will find many folders containing mailbox information. All you have to do is copy those files to the storage device.
- Now you have to plug your storage device into the new system.
- Next, open your Outlook client and add a new folder (the name is WLM).
- Now, you just need to drag and drop all files into this folder.
Drawbacks of Manual Methods
Nowadays, it is common knowledge for everyone that Windows Live Mail items are stored on the system in EML format, as you have already seen in Method#1, that it has the inbuilt ability to export email to MS Exchange but is not able to maintain the hierarchy. Moreover, the first manual process requires technical knowledge of email clients, which always has a high chance of data loss. If we talk about the second manual eml to pst conversion process, you have already seen that it needs to export files and drag & drop the emails into the newly formed Outlook folder, which takes lots of time and involves a high risk of data loss.
You can follow any of the above methods to Export Windows Live Mail Emails to Outlook. With this tool, it is very easy to transfer the emails to another PC and maintain the mailbox items’ original structure, formatting, and properties with ease. But, the procedures of both ways are very long and time-consuming. So, typical users are advised to use professional third-party tools, as it is an easy and rapid solution to move files from EML to PST format.
Reliable Method: Use Regain EML to PST Converter
Regain EML to PST converter is a specially coded tool to move EML files of any email client to Outlook, and other email clients. With the software, you can easily move EML files to Outlook, Office 365, Exchange Server, Yahoo, Gmail, and so on. Besides this, if you want to store the EML files in your system, the tool offers different file formats to do so.
To make the process easy and desired we have provide several other features in the tool.
Benefits of using Regain EML to PST converter tool
Some of the benefits of using the tool to export Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook include:
- Easy-to-use interface: The software comes with a user-friendly interface that simplifies the process of exporting emails from Windows Live Mail to Outlook.
- Speed and efficiency: Regain EML to PST converter tool can complete the export process faster and more efficiently than the built-in export and import features in Windows Live Mail and Outlook.
- Advanced features: The software offers additional features that can enhance the exporting process, such as the ability to migrate calendars, contacts, and other data.
- Compatibility: This tool is designed to work with different versions of Windows Live Mail and Outlook, ensuring compatibility and reducing the risk of errors during the export process.
- Technical support: We offer free technical support, so if you encounter any issues during the export process, you can reach out to the support team for assistance.
Overall, Regain EML to PST converter tool simplify and expedite the process. Also providing additional features and technical support.
In this article, we have discussed three methods to export Windows Live Mail to Outlook. and that too is brief. And after the discussion is over, we guessed that the manual method is time-consuming and has a high chance of error. We recommend you install and use the free version of Regain EML to PST converter tool. Therefore, we recommend Regain EML to PST Converter to export emails from Windows Live Mail to Outlook.