Updated On - January 24, 2023 by Nasir Khan |Reading Time: 4 minutes
If you are looking for how to convert contacts from CSV to VCF (vCard) files, you are at right place this article discusses on how to perform an accurate conversion from CSV to VCF (vCard) file format without any data loss.
CSV stands for Comma-Separated Value file that stores user’s data in tabular form. Users stores contacts in CSV files, and at times user might need to convert CSV file data into vCard or VCF file format that can be accessed in smartphones (Android, iOS), mail clients (e.g. Outlook, Thunderbird), web email clients (e.g. Gmail) or popular messengers like WhatsApp. Please note here that Smartphones, mail clients, web Email clients, and popular messengers doesn’t support CSV file formats for contact information, they support only VCF (vCard) file format. Thus, you must have to convert your CSV file contacts data into VCF (vCard) files to make it accessible.
Conversion from CSV file to VCF (vCard) file can be done either manually or using a third-party Excel to PST converter tool.
VCF (vCard) is a file format that is supported by or is accessible or compatible with various email clients and other cloud services.
Supported vCard Properties
- First Name
- Middle Name
- Last Name
- Job Title
- Business Phone
- Business Fax
- Mobile Phone
- Business Address
- Personal Website
- Home Phone
- Home Address
Benefits of converting CSV to VCF (vCard) file
- VCF (vCard) file format is simplest and fastest way to transfer contact information.
- It is accessible on smartphones (Android, iOS), mail clients (e.g. Outlook, Thunderbird), web email clients (e.g. Gmail) or popular messengers like WhatsApp.
- VCF (vCard) file format displays data in very simplest way that makes it helpful to read the data.
Manual Method to convert Contacts from CSV to VCF (vCard) Files
Manual method for conversion from CSV to VCF (vCard) file format consists of 2 main steps:
- Import contacts from CSV file to Windows Contacts
- Export imported CSV files to VCF (vCard) file format from Windows contacts.
Let’s discuss above two steps in detail now.
Step 1: Import Contacts of CSV File
- Search for Contacts in Windows search bar in your computer system.
- Open Windows Contacts and then click Import button on the top bar.
- Select CSV (Comma Separated Values) option and click Import button.
- Click Browse to select the CSV file.
- Click Next to proceed.
- You can change the mapping.
- Click Finish.
Step 2: Export Imported CSV Files to VCF (vCard) file format
- Open Windows Contacts.
- Click Export button on the top bar.
- Select option vCard (folder of VCF files) and then click Export.
- Select the saving location, click OK.
Limitations of Manual CSV to vCard/VCF Conversion Process
- Manual conversion from CSV to VCF (vCard) file format saves only single vCard file for each contact.
- Creates a new file for every contact.
- Manual conversion process is quite time taking.
- Not a single step to perform CSV to VCF (vCard) file conversion.
- Requires technical knowledge and good hands-on on the system to perform accurate conversion without any data loss.
Third-party Tool for CSV to VCF (vCard) File Format
Regain Excel to PST Converter is a competent tool to perform accurate conversion of CSV files created by any supported program like Google Sheet, Microsoft Excel, TextEditor OpenOffice, etc. to VCF (vCard) files. The software converts multiple CSV files to VCF (vCard) file format that can be further imported into Android phone, iPhone, MS Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, Gmail, Whatsapp, and other supported applications.
Features of CSV to VCF / vCard Converter
- Exports all details from Excel sheet like first name, last name, contact number, email address, etc.
- Accurately converts contacts from CSV file to VCF (vCard) file without any data loss.
- Displays preview of CSV file data before converting to VCF (vCard) file.
- Allows user to remove duplicate contacts from CSV file.
- Allows user to avoid empty address field data to avoid any data integrity issues.
- Supports all versions of Windows operating systems – Windows 11, 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, and Windows Vista.
- Available as free to download trial version.
- Free lifetime technical support on purchasing full licensed version.
- Completely secure to download and install, free from viruses and malwares
Steps to convert CSV to vCard file using Excel to PST Converter Tool
- Run Regain Excel to PST Converter.
- Browse and select CSV file for conversion.
- Converter tool displays the preview of all CSV file data.
- Allows user to map columns of CSV file.
- Select destination path and target format as “Save to VCF (vCard) file”.
- Click Next to proceed.
Users looking to convert contacts from CSV files to VCF (vCard) files compatible with Android phones, mail clients, web email clients, or messengers can perform the process either manually or using a third-party tool. Manual conversion will convert only a single file at a time, is a time taking process and required technical skills, but third-party CSV to vCard converter offers a self-descriptive, user-friendly, easy-to-use graphical user interface such that no such technical skills are required to perform the CSV to vCard or VCF files conversion. CSV to vCard converter involves only few steps to perform the conversion.