Published On - January 2, 2024 by Prakriti Malsuni |Reading Time: 5 minutes
Outlook is one of the most used email clients around the globe, and its advanced and multi-functional approach is the reason behind it. Along with emailing, Outlook is used for contacts, calendaring, tasks, journal management, etc. The contacts folder plays an important role as it contains crucial contacts used for business enhancement and to get in touch with important users.
If you have many contacts in Outlook and you want to export Outlook contacts to an Excel Spreadsheet, then this blog is for you. Read this blog till the end and complete your exportation task.
Some Reasons to Export Outlook Contacts to Excel Spreadsheet:
- One of the common reasons is easy accessibility and sharing of the contacts, as the Excel sheet is supported by all the common applications and platforms.
- If you have contacts in the PST file format and want to share them, then Excel Sheet is the most suitable format.
- For marketing purposes, many businesses send emails to multiple users in a single go, and Excel sheet is the best platform for organizing the data.
- Most customers are used to working with Excel Sheets and found it more comfortable than any other platform.
How to Export Outlook Contacts to an Excel Spreadsheet?
Follow the below-given manual method:
- First, open the Outlook and click on the File tab.
- Now, click on Open & Export and then Import/Export.
- After that, choose the second option, “Export to a File”, and click Next.
- As a file type, select the “Comma Separated Value” and click Next.
- The next step is to choose the Contacts folder from which data must be exported.
- Browse the destination and give a name to the resultant CSV file. Click Next.
- Check the action; you can also map the custom fields.
- Finally, click on the Finish.
Now, you can open the CSV file in any Excel version; moreover, you can change the extension to .xlsx as needed.
What to Do If Your PST File is Corrupt and Does Not Show Contacts?
If you have saved your Outlook contacts in the PST file but cannot see them now, this could be due to the corrupted Outlook PST file or any other inaccessibility that needs recovery. To export Outlook contacts to Excel Spreadsheet from an inaccessible file, you need a professional tool to recover the corrupted file and convert it to the CSV file format. Regain Software has developed an advanced recovery tool for this task that offers efficient working. This utility is boosted with multiple advanced features:
- Users can add multiple PST files to recover them in a single go.
- The folder hierarchy and data integrity will remain maintained.
- Deep scanning and deleted data retrieving will also be offered.
- This software is compatible with all Windows OS versions and PST generated from any Outlook version.
- It offers multiple formats to convert PST files after repair, like MBOX, EML, vCard, HTML, and PST.
- The tool is very user-friendly as it comes with a user-friendly GUI.
- A free version of this software that you can use to check the working of the software is also available.
How Does It Work?
The process to repair Outlook PST file is very easy; just follow the below-given steps:
- First, install and open the Regain PST Recovery Software.
- Now, add the PST files that are inaccessible and need recovery.
- The software will scan the PST file and show a preview of the recovered PST items.
- Here, check the recovered data and select the file format in which you want to save the data.
- Also, browse the destination path to save the resultant files.
- Finally, click on the Convert Now.
For individual needs, users search for a way to export Outlook Contacts to Excel Spreadsheet. This blog explains a detailed step-by-step process to answer this need. Also, if you cannot access/open your PST file that has stored contacts and needs recovery, this blog explains a professional tool. Users can also check the working of this by simply installing the software. Users can preview the recovered items before buying the license.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q1. Can I open the CSV files directly in any Microsoft Excel version?
Ans. Yes, any Excel version can open the Comma Separated Values (CSV file). You can even change the extension to. Xlxs and so on.
Q2. I have the corrupted PST files, most probably due to the oversize. How will I deal with this issue even after recovery?
Ans. Outlook PST Recovery Tool, developed by the Regain Software, offers a Split PST option that allows you to split the size as needed.
Q3. When exporting Outlook Contacts to an Excel Spreadsheet, will my contacts and other details remain the same?
Ans. Yes, you can move for this conversion without any issues. Your data integrity will remain the same.
Q4. Will I get any technical support in case I need it?
Ans. You will get free technical support with the Regain PST Recovery Tool. You can contact us any time to consult, and our technical support team will assist you in this process. Users can simply connect with us through the live chat/ by writing to email@example.com.