Delete Duplicate Contacts in Outlook by Manual Ways
Updated On - December 26, 2022 by Henry Bray |Reading Time: 5 minutes
Outlook is the most popular email programme that Microsoft offers. Both big and small groups use it. It is the most popular email client because it is easy to use, safe, and has some more advanced features. Also, people who use Microsoft Outlook have to deal with a number of problems. Sometimes, they may find that Outlook has a lot of duplicate contacts. So, in the next section, we will talk about some easy ways to delete duplicate contacts in all versions of Outlook.
How did I end up with the duplicate Outlook contacts?
When they see dozens of duplicate contacts in their Outlook account, a lot of people ask themselves this question.
Most likely, these duplicates are caused by syncing. When you sync Outlook with another device or app, new information is added to your contacts, some of which may be duplicates. This usually happens because different fields are used when you add contacts to different devices. When you sync and import them into your Outlook contact manager, they will show up as new contacts, even though they are the same ones.
When you make a new contact instead of updating an existing one is another common situation. This happens when you add a new email or phone number for someone already on your list and save the entry as a new contact.
Here are a few reasons that Outlook can make copies of a contact. So, now let’s talk about the ways to remove these duplicate contacts.
Related Blog: How to Merge Duplicate Contacts in Outlook
Free Manual Ways to Delete Duplicate Contacts in Outlook
Step 1: Get rid of duplicate contacts one by one.
- Open the Outlook app and click on “People.”
- Now, in the “Current View” group, click the right corner of the box that says “Views,” and then click “Phone.” It is also easiest to see your duplicates and look over your contacts list.
- In the contacts list, hold down “Ctrl” and click on the names of the people you want to delete.
- Once you’ve chosen the duplicates you want to get rid of, press “Delete” or “Ctrl+D” to get rid of them.
Step 2: Use the Export & Import Utility to get rid of duplicate contacts.
This is the fastest way to get rid of duplicate contacts instead of going through each one. So, exporting them to a file is simple and then importing them into a new folder. Follow the steps below to get the most out of this duplicate detection feature in the Outlook import procedure:
- Open the Outlook programme on your computer.
- Pick a choice under “People.”
- Now, right-click on your current Contacts folder or choose New Folder.
- You need to give the new folder a name, such as “Duplicate contacts.”
- Go back to your main Contacts folder by clicking on it.
- Then, press “Ctrl+A” to select all of your contacts.
- Here, you can “drag and drop” your contacts into the duplicates contacts folder, or you can use “Ctrl+Shift+V” to open the “Move to Folder” dialogue box and choose your Duplicates folder.
- When you’re done with the step above, your current contacts folder should be empty.
- Go to the File, then click on Open & Export and select Import/Export.
- Choose “Export to a File” and then “Comma Separated Values” (CSV).
- Choose that duplicate folder, such as “Duplicate contacts,” that you made in the steps above.
- The process is done when you click “Next.”
Step 3: Bring Back Contacts into MS Outlook
- First, Click on the File option, then choose Open and Export and click on Import & Export from the File menu.
- Now, choose “Import from another programme or file” and then “CSV.”
- Here, you need to look for the File you made in the last step.
- Then, click one of the options next to “Do not import duplicate items.”
- Choose your main folder as your goal folder. This folder is empty right now.
- Click “Finish” to end the process in a good way.
Step 4: Move the Contacts from“Duplicates contacts” folder to the “Main Contacts” folder.
- You have to choose the “Duplicates” folder for your contacts.
- Now, click once on any of the contacts in the duplicates folder, and then press “Ctrl+A” to select all of them.
- In this step, you must move the chosen contacts to your main Contacts folder. You can “Drag and Drop” them or use the “Move to Folder” dialogue box by pressing “Ctrl+Shift+V.”
- MS Outlook will always give you a prompt with two options when it thinks you have a duplicate contact.
- Choose “Add New Contact” if your contact isn’t already on the list.
- If your contact is a duplicate, choose “Update Information of Selected Contact.”
- Choose one that fits your needs, and then click “Update.” Regardless Choose “Update All” if you need to make the same choice for all of the duplicate contacts.
At the end of the process, you can delete the duplicate folder without any problems.
What is the easiest and quickest way to remove duplicate contacts in Outlook?
As you can see, the manual method is quite a lengthy and hectic process, and a simple misstep can result in contact loss. Businesspersons and organizations always prefer using automated solutions such as Regain Outlook duplicate remover tool.
The tool is professionally developed to get rid of duplicate data of PST files and works like a charm. Its highly advanced algorithm removes all the restrictions and allows users to delete duplicate several Outlook accounts in a single process without any risk of data loss. Let’s describe its process before jumping into Regain Outlook duplicate remover tool’s glimpses.
Remove Duplicate contacts of Outlook effortlessly
- Firstly, install and open the Regain Outlook duplicate remover tool.
- Now click on the Add file option from the ribbon bar and browse the PST files to process.
- Once the PST file is added, click on the Remove Duplicate items option.
- Now the software will start the de-duplication process and display a live log report.
You only need to make these few clicks to make a PST file duplicate free. Below are a few highlighted features of the tool.
Free Download100% Secure Buy NowPrice: $29
Why should to opt for the Regain Outlook Duplicate Remover tool?
- The tool is automated and completely removes the risk of data loss.
- You can add multiple PST files and make them duplicate-free in a few clicks.
- The software offers a user-oriented GUI that makes even a non-technocrat get the desired results.
- Apart from the Outlook contacts, the tool can detect duplicate items in all folders, inbox, contacts, calendars, and so on,
- You can use the tool in any Windows Operating System and Outlook variants.
- Regain offers a free variant of the tool so you can clear all your doubts regarding the tool and evaluate its skills and features without making any investments.
Outlook is the first choice of organization for emailing as it offers several modern-day working environment requirements. If you’re a bit techy, you may know that it has a file size of 50 GB, and after that, the PST files get highly prone to corruption. Duplicate emails and contacts can drastically increase the PST file size and make it corrupt. We’ve provided two methods to make your PST file duplicate free, but using the Regain Outlook Duplicate remover tool is recommended for enhanced features.
One thought on “Delete Duplicate Contacts in Outlook by Manual Ways”
I’m so glad I came across this post. I always have trouble keeping my Outlook contacts organized, and this post provided some really useful tips. Thanks for the great advice!