Updated On - October 2, 2023 by Nasir Khan |Reading Time: 4 minutes
Summary: If you are looking forward to converting your PST files to CSV format, then here is your guide. Many times, users want to convert their data stored in MS Outlook to a spreadsheet format. In this article, we will discuss some manual and professional methods to convert the PST files to CSV file format.
There are many types of formats which have their own utilities. All the MS Outlook users are known for relying on the PST file format. On the other hand, users that rely on other email clients are known for relying on other formats such as CSV. While the PST format helps to save information of the mailboxes such as emails, attachments, calendars and journals, the CSV file format stores the records in the form of spreadsheets. Users often want to convert their PST files to CSV file format for the ease of convenience. Let us discuss the need of converting the PST files to CSV file format and then discuss the methods to execute this one by one.
Reasons for converting PST to CSV file format
Here are some of the reasons to convert the PST files to CSV file format.
- CSV files are very portable to send and receive data easily.
- The CSV files are compatible with every version of Windows and Mac operating systems.
- It is very legible.
- It is a very reliable way to store data.
Methods to convert PST to CSV file format
Here are some of the methods to convert Outlook emails to CSV file format.
Using MS Outlook
- Open MS Outlook. Go to the File tab.
- Click on Import/Export. Go to the Open & Export tab.
- Choose the option Export to a File and click on OK.
- Click on Comma Separated Value format. Click on Next.
- Choose the folder you want to export and click on Next.
- Click on Browse button to add the CSV files and click on Next option.
- Click on Finish to complete the process.
Regain PST Converter Tool: A practical solution
The method that has been explained above is very complicated and at the same time, it consumes a lot of time. It becomes difficult for the users to understand this method for the first time. That is why in such a situation, they rely on a professional solution which is easy to access and understand for the beginners. Regain PST Converter tool directly helps to convey the PST files into CSV format. In fact, you can export the files to different file formats such as HTML, MSG and DOC. It is compatible with every version of Windows. It comes with many multi-utility features for the beginners.
Follow the steps to convert PST files to CSV format using Regain Software
- Install and open the free Regain PST converter software in your system.
- Now click on the Open button from the ribbon bar and add the required PST files.
- Select folders you want to convert into CSV files and click on the Export option.
- Select Destination location and Saving format as CSV file and click on the Convert Now button.
- Software will start the PST to CSV conversion process and display a live log report to you.
With this, one could be in a better position to understand the process of converting the PST files to CSV file format. The professional tool that we have discussed is very easy to use for getting great results.