How to Export Excel Spreadsheet Data to Outlook Address Book
Updated On - January 6, 2023 by Deepika Singh |Reading Time: 6 minutes
Many of us have a large list of important business contacts saved in an Excel spreadsheet, and often we demand to store the contacts in our MS Outlook. But it’s not a simple task at all. However, the Contacts can be saved one by one, but it will take more time and effort.
As a result, users seek a solution to the question of whether there is any approach to import entire Excel contacts into Outlook. Actually, you have the opportunity to export the Excel contact data in CSV format and then import or upload that into the Outlook address book. It includes some vital steps. This post will provide knowledge about all of these.
How to Export Excel Spreadsheet Contacts to Outlook Address Book?
Firstly, we will discuss the manual procedure. Actually, to simplify the entire concept, we have divided the process into three simple phases as follows.
- First Phase: Export Contacts from Excel
- Second Phase: Import the Contacts into MS Outlook
- Third Phase: Mapping the specific fields
First phase: Export Contacts from Excel
To transfer contact data from spreadsheets to Outlook, you need to store the Excel worksheet in a .csv format. Again, once you begin, make sure to input the workbook within a multi-sheet spreadsheet.
- In the Excel application, go to the “File” tab and press the “Save As” option. (This option is also known as “Save a copy” in some other versions.
- Select the location where you want to store your contact files.
- In the ‘Save as’ field, designate the “CSV (Comma delimited)” option and Just save the file.
- If available, select “Got It” in the appearing field.
Now you have a copy of your Excel contact details in CSV format. You can keep the original Excel file in a secure location as a backup. After exporting the contacts, the next step is to import them into your Outlook.
Second phase: Import the Contacts into MS Outlook
- To access the menu, start Outlook and then press the “File” tab. Choose “Open & Export” > “Import/Export” from the menu that appears.
- Press the “Next” icon after selecting the “Import from Another Program or File” choice.
- Select “Comma Separated Values” and afterwards press the “Next” icon.
- To import the.CSV type file, click the “Browse” icon and navigate to it.
Select however you wish to choose Outlook to manage and overwrite contact information and tap the “Next” icon.
- We have selected the “Replace Duplicates with Items Imported” option as an instance. This will enhance the current contact details in Outlook with some of the most up-to-date contact information.
- Press the “Next” icon after selecting the departure folder for the imported contact details. The destination location is most likely the “Contacts” folder, but that could be another folder that stores contact information.
- Confirm that the choice to “import your contacts list into Outlook” is chosen.
Third phase: Mapping the specific fields
It’s the last phase. Here you need to “map” the specific fields in your.csv document that are in the Outlook contact fields. You should not press the “Finish” icon until you’ve finished configuring this. Take the actions outlined below.
- Select the “Map Custom Fields” choice from the drop-down menu. It will allow you to fit the column as well as the headers from the Excel worksheet into the associated spheres in Outlook.
- The included fields from the CSV file arise in the “From” section just to the left of the “Map Custom Fields” Wizard.
- The columns from Outlook’s Contacts directory are displayed in the “To” section just to the right.
- Certain records that were already effectively equaled are classified on the right in the “Mapped From” section.
- The “Email Address” segment was empty. To correct this, just drag the email address sector from the left to the right. This will map the column. To move ahead, press the “OK” icon.
- A screen displaying the importance of the efforts may show up. At this point, the contacts might have been effectively imported.
That’s it. It’s all the three phases. We know the steps are a little critical and confusing, aren’t they? However, we have a quick and professional solution, and that is Excel to PST Conversion.
Is it possible to directly import Excel workbook Contacts into Outlook?
Yes. But we aren’t sure about any manual or free solutions for this purpose. But you have the option to use a professional Regain Excel to PST converter utility. In our personal opinion, we think it’s the easiest and most effective solution.
Mainly for marketing agencies who deal with a lot of clients everyday, we think a professional Excel to PST conversion is a great opportunity and need for them. It is more effective and more reliable than any other manual trick.
Without depending on the three phases, you can just convert the excel file and easily use it in your Outlook Address Book. It’s as simple as it sounds. Besides said that almost everybody knows how to import a PST file into Outlook. Therefore, you can directly import your Excel contacts as a PST format into Outlook.
Regain Excel to PST Converter Tool is evaluated launched program that gives you outstanding results when converting CSV or Excel files into PST file format. And helps you to export contacts from an excel spreadsheet to MS Outlook. This software can also convert multiple XLS/XLSX/CSV data to Outlook PST and export contacts to Outlook Address Book.
Free Download100% Secure Buy NowPrice: $39
Key Features: Excel to PST Converter Software
- You can easily export contacts from the Excel file to PST file.
- You can remove duplicate email contacts files from the excel spreadsheet before conversion.
- It generates a preview of entire contacts from an Excel file before conversion.
- This software supports all the latest MS Excel and MS Outlook versions.
- There is no risk of data loss while conversion because of its fast and secure algorithm.
Export Contacts from Excel Spreadsheet to MS Outlook
- Step 1. Install Regain Excel to PST Converter software. You can see the interface given below.
- Step 2. Select an Excel or CSV file to convert it into PST file format. And click on the Open tab just given below.
- Step 3. Here, Select Contact-Migrate Data as Contact Items. Software show all the preview after reading the entire column of contacts excel file and clicking Next button to continue.
- Step 4. Here, Screen shows you the main interface of mapping Excel field to Outlook field given below. The software will auto map the common columns displayed on the screen. After mapping, just click OK tab.
- Step 5. Select the format in which you want to convert the Excel file. After selection, you have to select the location where you want to save the converted file. And move to the real conversion phase.
- Step 6. If you want to Export Excel file data to Office 365/ Exchange Server. Select the server type, log in the user name and password and click the Next tab below.
- How to Convert Excel to vCard (.vcf) files
- Import your Gmail Contacts to Outlook
- Easy way to transfer Outlook Contacts to Gmail
- Export Outlook Contacts to vCard File
- Import Contacts from Excel to Google Contacts (Gmail)
- Export Contacts from OST to PST File
- Synchronize Gmail contacts with Thunderbird Address Book
One thought on “How to Export Excel Spreadsheet Data to Outlook Address Book”
Your suggestions save the effort and time of those who want to learn how to transfer their Excel spreadsheet data into an Outlook address book. It’s clear and easy-to-follow, with helpful screenshots. Highly recommend!