Published On - June 18, 2022 by Nasir Khan |Reading Time: 4 minutes
In case you have kept track of your contacts in an Excel spreadsheet and need to import your contacts from Excel to Phone, Outlook, Thunderbird, or any other platform then you need to convert Excel file to vCard (.vcf) file format.
If you are looking for converting MS Excel XLS/XLSX/CSV files to vCard/VCF file format, then in this article we discuss how to perform this conversion manually and without any software.
About vCard and its Benefits
vCard (VCF) is an electronic business card file format standard. vCards allows users to generate and exchange contact information through the internet, such as in email and instant messaging. It includes a name, contact number, address, photo, email address, URLs, logos and other information. Almost all devices, email clients, email services, and cloud services supports vCard file format.
Once you convert your contacts from Excel XLS or XLSX files to vCard (vcf) file format, below are the places where you can export your vCard files:
Smartphones: Android, iOS, etc.
Mail Clients: MS Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, etc.
Web Email Clients: Gmail, Hotmail, AOL Mail, etc.
Popular Messengers: WhatsApp, Skype, etc.
Related Post: How to Import Contacts from CSV files to iCloud
Manual Method to convert Excel to vCard
To convert Excel contact to vCard (vcf) file format, it mainly consists of three main steps:
1. Convert Excel xlsx file to csv file format
- Open the Excel (xls/xlsx) file that you want to convert to CSV file format.
- Click on the Office icon at the top left corner of the screen.
- Click on Save As > Other Formats.
- Browse the location where you want to save the file.
- Click on the Save as type dropdown and select CSV (Comma delimited) option.
- Click Save.
2. Import contacts from CSV file
- In the Windows search bar, type Contacts and click Open from the right-hand side.
- Select Users available and click Import.
- Select CSV (Comma Separated Values) as the file format you want to import contacts from.
- All the files will be exported.
3. Export contacts to vCard (vcf) file
- Select all CSV files you had created earlier and click on the Export tab at the top.
- Select vCards (folder of .vcf files) as file format you want to export contacts to.
- Click Export.
- Select a location, click OK.
Manual Method to convert Google Sheets to vCards
Many users also use Google spreadsheets or Google Sheets for saving contacts instead of Microsoft Excel. Follow the below steps to convert a Google Spreadsheet or Google Sheet to vCard (vcf) file format.
- Open the Google Spreadsheet or Google Sheet having contact details like name, company name, department, contact number, address, etc.
- Navigate to File > Download > Select Comma-separated values (.csv, current sheet).
- Open Google Contacts.
- Click Import Contacts.
- Click Select file.
- Select CSV file.
- Click Open.
Third-party Tool: Excel to vCard Converter
Regain Excel to PST converter is a professional tool for accurate conversion of MS Excel xls or xlsx file to vCard (vcf) file format. Manual conversion from Excel file to vCard file format is a time-taking process, and also manual conversion need all the contacts must be saved in a Excel file. Use third-party Excel to vCard converter and with only a few clicks you are done with conversion from XLS to vCard file. Convert your numerous contacts from XLS file to vCard file format alongwith all the contact information including name, contact number, email address, etc. The vCard file then can be imported into MS Outlook, Android phone, iPhone, Thunderbird, Gmail, WhatsApp and other applications.
Few Eminent Features of Excel to vCard Software
- Efficiently converts all contacts from MS Excel XLS, XLSX or CSV file to vCard or VCF file format.
- Exports all details from Excel sheet like first name, last name, contact number, email address, etc.
- Allows users to export contacts from Excel sheets, including Excel Macro Enabled Workbook (XLSM), Excel
- Binary Workbook (XLSB), XLT file export and XLTX (Excel template).
- Displays preview of Excel file data before converting to vCard file format.
- Allows user to remove duplicate contacts address to export Excel contacts, also user can avoid empty address field data to avoid any data integrity issues.
- Supports all versions of MS Excel.
- Compatible with all versions of Windows OS platforms – Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, and Windows Vista.
- Available as free to download trial version.
- Free lifetime technical support on purchasing full licensed version.
- Safe and secure to download and install, completely free from viruses and malwares.
Simple Steps to Convert MS Excel XLS/XLSX/CSV files to vCard/VCF File Format
1. Run Excel to vCard Software.
2. Browse and select Excel file for conversion.
3. The software displays preview of all excel file data.
4. Map columns of Excel file.
5. Select Destination Path and Target format as “Save to vCard”. Click Next to proceed.
To easily convert your Excel contacts to vCard file format, use a third-party Excel to vCard converter. Manual method to convert from Excel XLS or XLSX file to vCard (vcf) file format is a time-consuming process but using a utility like Excel to vCard converter involves only few steps to perform the conversion. Excel to vCard converter is compatible with all versions of MS Excel and Windows OS. The Excel to vCard converter is also available as a free trial version.