Published On - November 3, 2022 by Henry Bray |Reading Time: 5 minutes
In this blog, we learn how to convert OLM Contacts to vCard (.VCF) files, if you are seeking for the solution of this query, then you’re on the right blog. Lets Start.
There is a love-hate connection between the majority of us and our email service accounts. The majority of us have a special connection to our preferred email client. Whether we check our communications via a Web-based interface or a desktop app. Microsoft Outlook is the recommended email client when connecting to an Exchange server. Although emails are its primary function, Outlook is also a personal information management application that contains a diary, calendar, tasks, contacts, and notes. Microsoft has also distributed multiple versions of Outlook, including a Mac OS X client.
Many people who use Outlook for Mac would like to convert their OLM contacts to vCards. Since vCard files can be read by many current devices, email applications, and online services, they are widely used.
If you’re trying to find a way to convert your OLM contacts into vCards, then you should read this article. In this article, we’ll show you how to convert OLM contacts to vCard with the help of the Regain converter programme and a manual method.
Let’s get familiar with OLM and vCard before we detail how to convert OLM contacts to VCF format.
Introduction of OLM vs vCard(VCF)
Mac Outlook Archive Format (OLM)
Since Windows Office and Outlook have become so popular, Microsoft has chosen to create a Mac version of the suite. All of your emails, contacts, calendar events, tasks, notes, and more are safely stored in offline OLM files with Mac Outlook 2011, 2016, and later. Outlook for Mac, or OLM for short, is compatible exclusively with Mac OS X versions of Outlook, such as Outlook 2011, 2016, 2019, etc. When exported to OLM format, Outlook for Mac archives cannot be read by Outlook for Windows.
Contacts vCard (VCF) Format
Virtual Contact Files, abbreviated vCard (VCF), are used to keep track of business or personal contact data. It’s a sort of electronic business card that consolidates contact details for a number of people into a single card. vCard is a file format for storing contact information, including names, numbers, addresses, emails, websites, photos, blood types, and more. The vCard file format is widely supported by mobile phones, computers, Apple, AT&T, and many other brands and is used to store contact information for a wide variety of devices and networks.
Why convert OLM Contacts to vCard Files?
The primary motivation for switching from OLM to vCard rests squarely on the end user’s needs. The following explanations explain why:
- The contents of an OLM file (emails, calendars, contacts, notes, etc.) may all be accessed from a single location. However, there are occasions when users only need access to their contacts, and therefore they must convert their OLM data into VCF.
- Since VCF is the go-to format for storing contact info, many individuals try to convert their OLM files to it. As soon as the Mac OLM file is converted to vCard, it can be used with any number of email clients and mobile devices.
- Due to the varying data types contained inside OLM files, additional space is required for their storage. However, vCard is preferred by users over Mac OLM since it is a lightweight format that only stores contacts.
However, the vCard file format is widely accessible on Mac OS, Windows, Android Mobiles, Tablets, iPhones, etc., while opening an OLM file might be a real pain.
Ways to convert OLM contacts to vCard format
One might need to make the switch from OLM to vCard for a variety of reasons. However, how to effectively accommodate user requirements is of primary importance.
Determining the optimal approach for exporting contacts from an OLM file to VCF format is similarly time-consuming.
But have no fear! We tried a wide variety of approaches before settling on two: the manual method and the use of automated tools.
- Option 1: The Old-Fashioned Way, Using Microsoft Outlook for Mac
- Option2: Professional OLM Conversion Software
Each of these approaches warrants its own in-depth discussion, so let’s get to it. Follow along to find out how to convert OLM to vCard using the aforementioned techniques.
Method 1: Export Your Mac Outlook Contacts To VCF Format
The contacts are saved in the industry-standard file format via the Mac Outlook email client interface. Carefully following these instructions can help you prevent any problems.
- The first thing you need to do is launch Outlook for Mac.
- Two, select Export from the Tools menu.
- In the third step, you’ll see an option to Export to Archive File (.olm) on the program’s main window.
- Now, select a data item (Contacts in this case) for export by checking its box.
- Download the file by selecting it in the save as box and then clicking the Save button.
- Sixth, a notification window will appear once the conversion is finished to show the successful outcome.
- At last, finalize your actions by selecting Finish.
The following section will discuss some of the problems that come with using this manual approach.
Drawbacks of Manual Methods
Many obstacles arise while employing this strategy, including;
- One major drawback of the manual approach is that it does not allow for the selective conversion of contacts from OLM files.
- Second, it can only export data from a single OLM file’s contacts. There is no way to save contacts from numerous OLM files at once if the user has more than one.
- Third, there is a chance that some data will be lost during the process of converting contact information from a huge OLM file.
We propose using automated software that can easily ignore the preceding limitation as a solution.
Method 2: Regain OLM to PST converter tool
It is a professional tool that is specially coded to ease the OLM file conversion process. This tool converts OLM files into PST, vCard, EML MSG, and several other applications. The good thing about the software is its convenient GUI which makes using this tool a cakewalk for everyone, including the non-technocrats.
With a few clicks, you can convert your OLM files into desired formats and make them widely accessible. Regain OLM to PST converter tool is also considered the most cost-effective tool in the market, which only costs $39 for a lifetime.
Below is its step-by-step process, so you can download its free version and check the tool’s skills and compatibility for free.
Note: You can use the Regain OLM to PST converter tool with all Windows operating systems, including windows11.
- Step1: Install and open the Regain OLM to PST converter tool in your system.
- Step2: Make click on the Open option available on the ribbon bar.
- Step3: Add OLM files that you want to convert.
- Step4: Click on the Export option and choose a file format to convert OLM files.
- Step5: Choose other options as per your requirements and click Ok.
Voila, you have now successfully converted your OLM files and can access them with a compatible application. As you can see, the tool is very easy to use, and with just a few clicks, you can convert your OLM files.
This article presents two options for making the transition from OLM to vCard. Both approaches can complete the conversion, although the manual approach has several limitations that have already been discussed. And to eliminate these drawbacks, we recommend a Regain OLM converter automated tool. The user can choose their preferred technique for exporting OLM to vCard and use this method to do so.