Published On - June 17, 2022 by Nasir Khan |Reading Time: 3 minutes
CSV stands for Comma Separated Values file format that saves all data in table structured format and can be edited or created in Microsoft Excel. CSV files store multiple data items including contacts having fields – name (first name, middle name, last name), birthday, gender, address (home address, business address), location, company description, department, job title, fax number (home fax, business fax), email address, phone (home phone, business phone), website, personal website, mobile phone, etc.
iCloud is a cloud storage service from Apple that allows users to store data like contacts, photos, documents and others for iPhone, iPad and other iOS devices. iCloud contacts are easily accessible and are stored in an organized manner.
CSV file is not compatible with iCloud and importing contacts from CSV files to iCloud is a complex task, time-taking and requires technical skills to migrate Contacts from CSV to iCloud.
Manual Methods for CSV (Contacts) to iCloud Migration
Manual Method 1: Import contacts CSV File to iCloud via Gmail
Step 1: Transfer CSV File into vCard (VCF file)
- Log in to your Gmail account.
- Navigate to the upper-right corner of the screen and select Google Apps icon. Select Contacts.
- In Contacts window, select More button and then Import option from the menu list.
- Import Contacts window appears. Click Choose file, browse and select contacts CSV file, click Import.
- All contacts from CSV file gets imported successfully.
- In Gmail account, click Contacts, select More and then click Export.
- In Export Contacts window, for option “Which contacts do you want to export?”, select “All contacts”. And for option “Which export format?”, select “vCard format (for importing into Apple Address Book or another application)”. Click Export.
- The contacts vCard (VCF) file will start downloading.
Step 2: Import Contacts from vCard (VCF) file to iCloud
- Log in to iCloud using your credentials – Apple username and password.
- Click on Contacts icon to import contacts CSV file to iCloud.
- In the screen that appears, navigate to the down-left preview panel, click on Settings icon and then select Import vCard option to import contacts CSV file to iCloud.
- Browse and select VCard (VCF) file, click Open to import contacts CSV file to iCloud account.
- All contacts will be uploaded to your iCloud that can be accessed easily from anywhere at anytime.
Manual Method 2: Import contacts CSV File to iCloud using Run command
- Press and hold Windows key and press R.
- In the Run command box, type “wab.exe” and then click OK.
- Click Import from the toolbar.
- In the Import to Windows Contacts popup window, select CSV (Comma Separated Values). Click Import.
- Browse and select the contacts CSV file that you want to import to iCloud. Click Open.
- Click Next. Map the fields you want to import. Click Finish.
- Once import is completed, close the Import to Windows Contacts window. Each imported contact appears as a .contact file.
- From the toolbar, click New Folder. Give a name to the folder.
- Click Export from the toolbar.
- In the Export Windows Contacts pop-up window, select vCards (folder of .vcf files).
- Click Export.
- In the Browser For Folder pop-up window, select newly-created folder. Click Make New Folder, click OK.
- Visit iCloud.com and import the contacts.
Third-party Tool: CSV to iCloud Converter
If the manual method for converting contacts CSV file to iCloud account does not works for you, then it is highly recommended to use a third-party Regain Excel to PST converter tool. CSV to iCloud Converter is a professional, reliable third-party tool for accurate conversion of CSV contacts file to iCloud account without any data loss. The user-friendly, self-descriptive interface of CSV to iCloud Converter makes conversion of CSV contacts file to iCloud easy for novice users and it doesn’t require any technical skills to perform CSV to iCloud migration.
Features of CSV to iCloud Converter
- Accurately converts contacts from CSV file to iCloud without any data loss.
- Displays preview of CSV file data before converting to iCloud.
- Exports all details from CSV file like first name, last name, contact number, email address, etc.
- Allows user to remove duplicate contacts address to export CSV contacts, also user can avoid empty address field data to avoid any data integrity issues.
- Compatible with all versions of Windows OS platforms – Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, and Windows Vista.
- Available as free to download trial version.
- Free lifetime technical support on purchasing full licensed version.
- Safe and secure to download and install, completely free from viruses and malwares.
Steps to Convert Contacts CSV files to iCloud
- Run CSV to iCloud Converter software.
- Browse and select CSV file for conversion.
- The software displays preview of all CSV file data.
- Map columns of CSV file.
- Select Destination Path and Target format. Click Next to proceed.
Manual conversion of CSV to iCloud takes 2 steps to perform the migration – First convert CSV to vCard (VCF) file and then import contacts from vCard (VCF) file to iCloud account. So, manual method of migrating contacts from CSV file to iCloud is a complex procedure and is time taking. So, it is highly recommended to use a third-party CSV to iCloud Converter to perform the conversion of CSV files to iCloud flawlessly and without any data loss.