Updated On - December 19, 2023 by Nasir Khan |Reading Time: 4 minutes
In this blog, we explain manual and automated solution for importing Contacts from CSV files to iCloud. Read all steps carefully and perform the migration task without any hesitation. Lets start..
CSV stands for Comma Separated Values file format that saves all data in table structured format and can be edited or created in Microsoft Excel. CSV files store multiple data items including contacts having fields – name (first name, middle name, last name), birthday, gender, address (home address, business address), location, company description, department, job title, fax number (home fax, business fax), email address, phone (home phone, business phone), website, personal website, mobile phone, etc.
iCloud is a cloud storage service from Apple that allows users to store data like contacts, photos, documents and others for iPhone, iPad and other iOS devices. iCloud contacts are easily accessible and are stored in an organized manner.
CSV file is not compatible with iCloud and importing contacts from CSV files to iCloud is a complex task, time-taking and requires technical skills to migrate Contacts from CSV to iCloud.
Two Manual Method to import Contacts from CSV files to iCloud
1st Method: Import contacts CSV File to iCloud via Gmail
Step 1: Transfer CSV File into vCard (VCF file)
- Log in to your Gmail account.
- Navigate to the upper-right corner of the screen and select Google Apps icon. Select Contacts.
- In Contacts window, select More button and then Import option from the menu list.
- Import Contacts window appears. Click Choose file, browse and select contacts CSV file, click Import.
- All contacts from CSV file gets imported successfully.
- In Gmail account, click Contacts, select More and then click Export.
- In Export Contacts window, for option “Which contacts do you want to export?”, select “All contacts”. And for option “Which export format?”, select “vCard format (for importing into Apple Address Book or another application)”. Click Export.
- The contacts vCard (VCF) file will start downloading.
Step 2: Import Contacts from vCard (VCF) file to iCloud
- Log in to iCloud using your credentials – Apple username and password.
- Click on Contacts icon to import contacts CSV file to iCloud.
- In the screen that appears, navigate to the down-left preview panel, click on Settings icon and then select Import vCard option to import contacts CSV file to iCloud.
- Browse and select VCard (VCF) file, click Open to import contacts CSV file to iCloud account.
- All contacts will be uploaded to your iCloud that can be accessed easily from anywhere at anytime.
2nd Method: Import contacts CSV File to iCloud using Run command
- Press and hold Windows key and press R.
- In the Run command box, type “wab.exe” and then click OK.
- Click Import from the toolbar.
- In the Import to Windows Contacts popup window, select CSV (Comma Separated Values). Click Import.
- Browse and select the contacts CSV file that you want to import to iCloud. Click Open.
- Click Next. Map the fields you want to import. Click Finish.
- Once import is completed, close the Import to Windows Contacts window. Each imported contact appears as a .contact file.
- From the toolbar, click New Folder. Give a name to the folder.
- Click Export from the toolbar.
- In the Export Windows Contacts pop-up window, select vCards (folder of .vcf files).
- Click Export.
- In the Browser For Folder pop-up window, select newly-created folder. Click Make New Folder, click OK.
- Visit iCloud.com and import the contacts.
If the manual method for converting contacts CSV file to iCloud account does not works for you, then it is highly recommended to use a third-party Regain Excel to PST converter tool. It is a professional, reliable third-party tool for accurate conversion of CSV contacts file to iCloud account without any data loss. The user-friendly, self-descriptive interface, makes conversion of CSV contacts file to iCloud for novice users and it doesn’t require any technical skills to perform migration.
- Accurately converts contacts from CSV file to iCloud without any data loss.
- Displays preview of CSV file data before converting to iCloud.
- Exports all details from CSV file like first name, last name, contact number, email address, etc.
- Allows user to remove duplicate contacts address to export CSV contacts, also user can avoid empty address field data to avoid any data integrity issues.
- Compatible with all versions of Windows OS platforms – Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, and Windows Vista.
- Available as free to download trial version.
- Free lifetime technical support on purchasing full licensed version.
- Safe and secure to download and install, completely free from viruses and malwares.
Steps to Convert Contacts CSV files to iCloud
- Run CSV to iCloud Converter software.
- Browse and select CSV file for conversion.
- The software displays preview of all CSV file data.
- Map columns of CSV file.
- Select Destination Path and Target format. Click Next to proceed.
Manual conversion of CSV to iCloud takes 2 steps to perform the migration – First convert CSV to vCard (VCF) file and then import contacts from vCard (VCF) file to iCloud account. So, manual method of migrating contacts from CSV file to iCloud is a complex procedure and is time taking. So, it is highly recommended to use a professional tool to perform the conversion of CSV files to iCloud flawlessly and without any data loss.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques1. Does the Regain CSV to iCloud converter tool save my data on any server?
Ans. No, Regain software doesn’t store credentials and user data on the server. It is considered one of the most trusted and secured software for professional data conversion/migration.
Ques2. Can I use the same tool to convert my CSV file into PST format?
Ans. Yes, the Regain CSV to iCloud converter tool provides several file formats to move data, i.e., PST, EML, HTML, vCard, etc. Apart from the file formats, you can also transfer your CSV files to web servers like Gmail, Office 365, Live Exchange, etc.
Ques3. What should be the CSV file format when importing them into the iCloud?
Ans. When importing a CSV file into the iCloud server, make sure your CSV file should have specified columns of First name, last name, contact number, and email address. Before starting the conversion process, ensure the column header matches the data.
Ques4. Is there any CSV file size restriction when moving them into iCloud?
Ans. Manually, there might be a size restriction for moving CSV files to the iCloud server. However, Regain’s tool doesn’t impose a size restriction to convert the CSV file.