Published On - December 15, 2022 by Henry Bray |Reading Time: 5 minutes
Although it is technically possible for administrators to import Outlook Personal Storage Table (PST) files into user mailboxes using Microsoft 365 or Office 365 (Exchange Online), doing so requires too much time and effort. In this article, we’ll discuss the importance of using a PST to Office 365 migration tool and then introduce you to the best tool available for making the transition.
Reasons to Use a PST to Office 365 Migration Software
Due to security and regulatory concerns, importing PST files into Office 365 is more time-consuming and laborious than importing them into Outlook. For instance, if you want to use the manual Network Upload approach, you’ll need to create the PST import task, then use AzCopy (a command line-based application) to upload the PST files to Azure Storage, and last, you’ll need to create and upload the mailbox mapping file (CSV) to O365. You must validate the mapping file, resolve any errors (if any), and initiate the import task before your migration from PST to Office 365 is complete.
If you opt for Drive Shipping, you’ll need to back up your PST files to a BitLocker-protected storage drive, send it to one of Microsoft’s data centres, pay $2 per gigabyte (GB) or $2,000 per terabyte (TB) of PST files, and then wait for Microsoft to upload them to Azure Storage on your behalf. However, in order to initiate the import process, you will need to first create an import task and then upload a CSV mailbox mapping file to Office 365.
However, the shortcomings of such manual approaches must be overlooked. In particular, PST files greater than 20 GB cannot be uploaded or migrated. Mail attachments greater than 35 MB are automatically deleted (unless you increase the limit to a maximum of 150 MB). In addition, the Drive Shipping process could take a few days to a few weeks. Your disc may span multiple countries before arriving at its final destination, so it may create data security and compliance concerns.
One solution is to use a PST to Office 365 migrator tool, which will allow you to bypass these restrictions. It facilitates the import of single or multiple PST files into users’ mailboxes in Office 365. Using a PST to Office 365 migration programme streamlines the process by skipping the middleman and removing the restrictions.
5 Best PST to Office 365 migration tools
Regain PST to Office 365 Migration Tool
The PST to Office 365 migration tool is a top-notch software coded by Regain Software. This program lets you migrte numerous Outlook PST files into Office 365 mailboxes. This tool’s finest feature is that it can import a PST file to an Office 365 account with either an Admin or a User account. The PST file can be imported into Office 365 by a single user without the need for Admin authority.
- You can import emails, calendars, contacts, and tasks from PST files into Office 365 mailboxes.
- Also you can migrate several PST files at once without hassle.
- Multiple filter settings to selectively move data from PST files.
- Effectively preserves the organizational structure of PST files.
- Import a PST file into shared mailboxes in Office 365.
- Display a complete log report of the migration.
- Compatible with all Windows and Outlook versions.
- Requires no installation of Outlook for PST to Office 365 migration.
- The tool is not compatible with the Mac Operating system.
SysTools PST To Office 365 Migration
It’s another great tool for moving your old email archive into your new Office 365 inbox.
- It’s compatible with all Outlook versions and Windows operating systems.
- The software can export your emails, calendar, tasks, and contacts to Office 365.
- It can import a PST file into Office 365 with an administrator account.
- The tool can export to either your primary mailbox or your archive mailbox.
- It keeps your folder structure intact during the migration process.
- Not compatible with Mac OS.
- Requires Impersonation to move data;
- Bulk import PST files into Office 365 for users with business and enterprise licences.
Aryson – Import PST to Office 365 Software
With the Aryson PST to Office 365 migration tool, you can quickly and easily import multiple users’ PST data into Office 365.
- Import emails and contacts from a PST file into O365
- Migrate multiple Outlook PST files
- There is no file size limit during the import process
- No incremental import features
- No support for category-based migration
- The tool is not compatible with the Mac Operating system.
Kernel PST to Office 365 Migration Tool
The PST to Outlook 365 migration tool offered by Kernel/Nucleus technologies is among the best in the market. It transfers all of the information contained in a PST file to an Office 365 inbox.
- The benefits include the ability to export big PST files to O365
- Import multiple Outlook PST files into Office 365
- Migrate selective data using filters
- Preserve folder hierarchy after conversion
- Can’t save migration report in CSV format
- Requires impersonation rights for PST migration to Office 365
Stellar PST to Office 365 Migration tool
Stellar is an alternative programme that allows you to import numerous PST files into Office 365 mailboxes. It’s a comprehensive tool for moving data from Outlook to Office 365.
- Move multiple PST file data into Office 365 outlook
- It keeps all the email properties during conversion
- Migrates archive PST file to Office 365 efficiently
- Requires no installation of Outlook for migration
- It can mess up the folder hierarchy
- The software can’t import individual folders from PST files
- It doesn’t allow migrating from PST files to a webmail email client.
Regain PST to Office 365 Migration Tool is the best option after comparing those above top 5 PST to Office 365 Migration tools. Regarding PST to Office 365 migration, the software can meet any need, whether big or small. The above comparison chart also helps consumers select the best tool for their needs. Here are some of the many ways in which Regain PST to Office 365 migration tool stands apart from the competition:
Migrate PST to Office 365 Shared Mailboxes
Only one of the five programmes can transfer your PST files to the shared mailboxes in Office 365. The Regain PST to Office 365 migrator tool allows you to do just that. This programme allows users to transfer data from personal storage files (PSTs) to group mailboxes in Office 365. This feature is only available in the Regain software and not in any other tool. With little doubt, the victor in this category is Regain’s PST to Office 365 Migration tool.
Selective Category Migration
It’s common for people to want to transfer over only a few select things from a PST file. Therefore, we have tried out all five available PST to Office 365 Migration tools, with the ability to migrate only certain types of files. Only three of the five options provide the same service. However, the extraordinary and straightforward nature of Regain’s provision of this choice is hard to deny. A user can select the items (emails, calendar, contacts) from PST to migrate with a single mouse click.
Display Live Log report
We found that only Regain and Systools, two of the top five PST to Office 365 Migration tools, generated a comprehensive migration process report during our research. Counts of successful imports and failed imports, as well as the location of the imported files and more, are all included in this report. As a result, it has once again proven to be the best of the five PST to O365 Migration tools.
As a result of exhaustively comparing and contrasting the aforementioned five applications, it is abundantly evident that the Regain PST to Office 365 migration tool is the superior option. The tool also provides an array of cutting-edge features in a very economical package. It’s well worth the cost, considering how many useful extras you get.