How to Import PST to Office 365 – Simple and Easy Methods
Updated On - December 22, 2022 by Henry Bray |Reading Time: 6 minutes
The cloud platform offers a variety of features and functions. Office 365 is undoubtedly the best. The user interface and the application are well-known to most users. Office 365 is a web-based version. However, importing PST to Office 365 can be difficult if you don’t know how to do it correctly. This technical article has been created to make this easier. This article will demonstrate, how to import PST to Office 365 account. Before we move on to the manual solution, you need to understand why you should migrate PST files into Office 365.
Why do I need to import PST to Office 365?
Importing PST to Office 365 platform will help you to avoid PST file errors and corruption problems. Office 365 also has many user-centric features you should not ignore.
- Access from anywhere: Office 365 can be accessed from anywhere : Office 365, a cloud service, allows you to access data from any device, at any time, from any location, as long as there is an internet connection.
- Collaboration platforms: Office 365 allows users to access email, calendars, documents, contacts, and other information from any device or browser. This allows users to share files within a team or collaborate between members.
- Security: It has an attractive feature set and built-in security. Users can also remotely delete their data from their systems if they are lost or stolen.
- Always up to date: It can automatically update. You don’t need to wait for the server to down when you switch to Office 365. Everything is automatically updated and done efficiently in such cases.
How to Import PST to Office 365 by Manual way
Here we explain three manual methods to import PST file into Office 365 cloud. We explain manual steps as well as the professional tool to successfully transfer PST to Office 365 account.
- Import /Export Method
- Network Upload Method
- Drive Shipping Method
- Import PST to Office 365 Mailbox Using Professional Solution
Method1: – Import/Export Method to Import PST into Office 365
First, configure your Microsoft Office 365 account in MS Outlook to manually import PST into Office 365. Next, follow these steps:
- Click on Save, then go to the Export & Open option. Click on it and select Import/Export option.
- Select Import From Another Program in the Export Wizard and click on the Next button
- Select Outlook File (.pst), then click on Next tab.
- Use the Browse option to locate the Outlook PST file. Select it and click on Next.
- Select the options that you wish to use and then click the Next. Note: Enter the password to unlock your PST file. Click OK.
- The Import Outlook data file wizard will now appear. Here, select the Import items in the same folder and choose the Microsoft 365 mailbox. Click on Finish tab.
This manual method is extremely short and you should not worry. These methods are also worth a closer examination.
Method 2: Network Upload Method to Import PST to Microsoft 365
The Network Upload method is the best and most efficient way to import PST into Office 365 accounts. With the Azure AzCopy tool, administrators can import all their PST files into Microsoft Office 365 accounts. Before importing to Microsoft 365, the PST file must be saved to a shared folder or file server in your organization. These are the steps to use for network upload:
- Copying and installing the SAS URL
- Uploading a PST file to Microsoft 365
- Importing the PST mapping file
- Creating a PST Import Job in Microsoft 365
- Data filtering and PST import job
This method allows you to export only one PST file at once. If you want to export multiple PST files to Office 365, however, this method is not suitable. For this task, either repeat the process from the second to sixth steps or use a CSV.
Method 3: Import Outlook PST into Office 365 – Drive Shipping
This Drive Shipping allows you to import PST data into Microsoft Office 365 using a secure storage key. It also includes a PST import tool. This method involves copying your PST data onto a hard drive, and then sending it to one or more Microsoft 365 physical locations. Below are the steps to use Drive Shipping.
- Secure storage key and PST Import Tool
- Copy the data from the PST to the hard drive
- Create a PST Import mapping file
- Import a PST job into Microsoft 365
- Shipping hard drive to Microsoft
- Starting the import job by filtering the data
The process of importing PST into Office 365 takes approximately 1-2 weeks. Every organization can’t wait that long if they need to upload their PST to Microsoft 365 immediately. There are some limitations to this method that you should consider before proceeding with this workaround.
- This Drive Shipping option is currently available in the United Kingdom and Brazil, United States of East Asia, Australia. India, Canada. Republic of Korea. Japan, Southeast Asia and Europe.
- It might not be available through Microsoft Products & Services Agreements (MPSA). It’s only available through the MS Enterprise Agreement (EA)
- To upload PST file to Office 365 OWA, the drive shipping cost is $ 2 USD/ GB. If you send 1TB worth of PST files, it should cost around $ 2,000
- Only 10 hard drives may be used as the ship for one import job.
- This manual method takes a lot of time and will not import data items larger than 150MB.
- Outlook PST files with 300 or more nested folders will not be imported.
Exchange administrators also have to deal with the problem to import multiple PST files into Office 365. They would then need to use automated tool for importing PST files to Office 365 account.
Import Outlook PST to Office 365, using Professional Tool
To simplify the tedious and time-consuming PST import task, it would be helpful to use a professional tool. Regain PST to Office 365 migration is an amazing tool, available online for such an implementation. The Import PST to Office 365 software provides the best way to import PST files into one or more Microsoft Office 365.
Free Download100% Secure Buy NowPrice: $39
Steps to Import PST to Office 365 are as follows;
- Step 1: Start Regain PST to Office 365 Migration tool in your system. This screen shows the home screen of the tool in the same way as shown below.
- Step 2: Select the PST file, you wish to import into your MS Office 365 account.
- Step 3: Select Office 365 as the server type. After entering your login details, click connect to select Office 365 as the server type.
- Step 4: Start the migration process.
- The software successfully imported PST files to Office 365. Click the Exit button.
Why choose this software?
This Regain PST to Office 365 Migration Tool has many incredible features. These are just a few of the many features available in this Tool.
- Import Complete Data – This PST to Office 365 migration tool allows you complete freedom to import complete mailboxes from PST Files such as Inbox and Sent Mails.
- Attachment Files: This tool allows you to add attachment files to your emails. You can then access all of your Office 365 data easily.
- There is no file size limit: The Import PST to Office 365 account tool does not have a file size limit. Upload unlimited files at unlimited times.
- Graphical user interface: This tool has a graphical user interface that allows even non-technical users to use it during the process. The process is so simple that anyone can use it without needing any technical knowledge.
- Windows OS Support: This software can be installed on nearly all versions of MS Outlook as well as Windows OS, such Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 and Windows Vista. This tool can be used on both 32-bit as well as 64-bit computers.
One thought on “How to Import PST to Office 365 – Simple and Easy Methods”
It’s so helpful to have a resource like this that provides clear steps on how to import PST files into Office 365. This will be a great asset for anyone trying to switch over to the cloud. Again, thanks a lot!