Last Updated on November 11, 2020 by admin
Nowadays, it is very common among users to migrate Outlook mailbox data information to Office 365 OWA. This is because the cloud platform gives users a wide range of functions and features.
There is no doubt that, the best is Office 365. Most users are familiar with the user interface and application. Office 365 is just a web-based version of desktop Outlook with more features.
The problem, however, is that importing Outlook PST into Office 365 is not an easy task if you don’t know the right approach. To make it easier for users to simplify this task, we have written this technical article.
This article will show you how to easily import PST files to Office 365 mailbox Before proceeding to the manual solution of importing PST to Office 365 account, the first thing you should know is why you should migrate PST files to Office 365.
Why import PST to Office 365?
In any business organization, PST files can cause many problems. Therefore importing PST to Office 365 mailbox can help in avoiding PST file issues, and Office 365 has many user-centric features which you cannot ignore as well.
- Access from anywhere: Office 365 is a cloud service that can access data from anywhere, on any system, anytime, as long as you have an internet connection.
- Collaboration platforms: Office 365 gives users with a web access to email, calendar, documents, and contacts on any device or browser they use. This accessibility enables the user to share a file within a team and collaborate between two members.
- Security: it has an attractive feature set, built-in security and continuous compliance, so users always know where user data is stored and who has access to it, and users can remotely wipe their data from their system if it is lost or stolen.
- Always up to date: Office 365 can be updated automatically. So when you move to Office 365, you don’t have to go through server downtime. In such situations, everything is updated automatically and efficiently.
How to Migrate Outlook Emails to Office 365 Manually
Microsoft offers three methods of manual approaches that you can use to import Outlook PST to Office 365 cloud. Apart from that, you can also use trustworthy and secure third-party tool to import Outlook PST to Office 365 account. Below we have listed all the manual solution including the professional method, by using which you can be able to import PST to Office 365 account successfully:
- Import /Export Method to Import PST into Office 365
- Network Upload Method to Import PST into Office 365 OWA
- Drive Shipping Method to Import Outlook PST into Office 365
- Import PST to Office 365 Mailbox Using Professional Solution
Method1: – Import /Export Method to Import PST into Office 365
To manually import PST to Office 365 mailbox, you must first configure the Microsoft Office 365 account in MS Outlook. Then do the following:
- Click on File tab, go to the Open & Export option and click on it; select Import/Export option.
- In the Import and Export Wizard, select Import from another program and click the Next button.
- In the Import a File window, select Outlook Data File (.pst) and then click on Next tab.
- Here, use the Browse option to find the Outlook PST data file, select it and click on Next.
- Set the options you want and click the Next button. Note: If you have protected your PST file with password, then enter the password and unlock it, click OK.
6. Now an Import Outlook Data File wizard will appear, here just select the Import items to the same folder in option and select the Microsoft 365 mailbox, and then Click on Finish tab.
This manual method is very short and there is nothing to worry about. However, two other manual methods also exist that can be used to import PST to Office 365 mailboxes. Let’s take a closer look at these methods too.
Method 2: Network Upload Method to Import PST to Microsoft 365
This Network Upload method is an effective and best solution to import PST to Office 365 account. This allows administrators to import all of their PST files data into Microsoft Office 365 account with the help of Azure AzCopy tool. However, be aware that the PST file should be saved to a file server or shared folder in your organization before importing to Microsoft 365. The steps for the network upload method are:
- Copying the SAS URL & Installing Azure AzCopy tool
- Uploading PST file to Microsoft 365
- Creating the PST Import mapping file
- Creating a PST Import job in Microsoft 365
- Filtering data and running the PST import job
With the help of this method, you can only export one PST file at a time. but, in case you are looking for exporting multiple PST files to Office 365 in one attempt. Then for this task, you to repeat this process from the 2nd to the 6th step or use a CSV file.
Method 3: Import Outlook PST into Office 365 – Drive Shipping
This Drive Shipping is a traditional method of importing PST data into Microsoft Office 365 that uses a secure storage key and PST import tool. This method requires you to copy your PST data to a hard drive and then send it to one of Microsoft 365 physical locations. The steps for the Drive Shipping method are mentioned below:
- Download secure storage key and PST import tool
- Copy the PST data to the hard drive
- Create a PST Import mapping file
- Create a PST Import job in Microsoft 365
- Shipping hard drive to Microsoft
- Filtering the data and starting the import job
This method takes 1-2 weeks to import the PST data into Microsoft 365, and every organization cannot wait that long when the PST upload to Microsoft 365 is urgent. This method also has some drawbacks that need to be considered before approaching this workaround.
- In the current time, this Drive Shipping method is available in the United Kingdom, Brazil, United States, East Asia, Australia, India, Canada, Republic of Korea, Japan, Southeast Asia, and Europe.
- It may not be available over Microsoft Products & Services Agreement (MPSA). It is available only through MS Enterprise Agreement (EA).
- The drive shipping method cost to upload a PST file to Office 365 OWA is $ 2 USD/ GB of data. For example, if you are sending 1TB of PST files, the cost should be around $ 2,000.
- A maximum of 10 hard drives can be the ship for a single import job.
- The procedure of this manual method is time-consuming and it will skip the data item more than 150 MB during the importing task.
- It will not allows users to import Outlook PST file that has 300 or greater than nested folders.
Also, when you need to import PST files into multiple Microsoft Office 365 mailboxes, it is a problem for Exchange administrators. Then they would have to use automated tools to import PST files into one or more Microsoft 365 mailboxes.
Import Outlook PST to Office 365, using Professional Tool
To simplify the tedious and time consuming PST import task, it would be helpful to use a professional tool. Regain Import PST to Office 365 software is an amazing tool available on the internet online for such an implementation. The Import PST to Microsoft 365 Mailbox software provides a best way to import PST files into one or more Microsoft Office 365 mailboxes.
Steps to Import PST to Office 365 are as follows;
Step 1: Run Regain PST to Office 365 Migration tool in your system. The home screen of this tool looks similar to the screen shot given below.
Step 2: Now, select the PST file which you want to import in MS Office 365 account.
Step 3: Choose Office 365 in the server type; Click connect after entering the correct login details choose Office 365 in the server type.
Step 4: Initiate the migration process, the software successfully import PST file to Office 365 account, click the Exit button.
This way, you can easily import PST emails into an Office 365 account in a short amount of time.
Why choose this software?
There are many amazing features available in this Regain PST to Office 365 Migration Tool. Some of them are as follows;
Import Complete data: this PST to Office 365 migration tool facilitates you full freedom for importing complete mailboxes from PST file such as Inbox, Sent Mails, Drafts, Trash, and any other folders available on PST file.
Include Attachment Files: this tool provides you permission to include attachment files in their respective emails. So that you can easily access all your attached data in Office 365 account.
No File Size Limitation: there is a file size limit imposed on the tool to Import PST to Office 365 account. You can upload unlimited number of files for unlimited number of times.
Graphical user interface: this tool is designed with graphical user interface, so that even non technical users can easily handle it, while running the process. It makes the process so easy that any users can run it without any expertise.
Supports Windows OS: You can install this software on almost all versions of MS Outlook and Windows OS like Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP. In addition to this, you can run this tool on both 32-bit and 64-bit computers.