Last Updated on
Office 365 offers a number of subscription benefits that Microsoft offers such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, etc. Office 365 meets almost all international security standards such as HIPAA, GDPR, HITECH and many more. On the other hand, Microsoft Outlook is an email client that uses the PST file to store all data elements such as emails, contacts, etc.
As Office 365 is becoming increasingly popular due to its wide range of software, nowadays, users prefer it more as compare to standalone application like Microsoft Outlook. You can easily upload PST to Office 365 using a variety of methods. Read below section to know more about it in brief:
Different ways to upload PST into Office 365
Method 1: Using Outlook to Uploading PST File into Office 365
- Install and open Microsoft Outlook
- Go to the File menu and click on the Open & Export button
- Now on screen Import and Export wizard will open
- here, click on the “Import from another program or file”
- Now choose PST file and click Next to proceed
- Select desired .pst file
- Click Finish to complete the process
Method 2: Using Network Upload method to Import PST File into Office 365
- First you copy the SAS URL after installing Azure AzCopy tool
- Upload the PST file to Office 365 using Azure AzCopy tool
- You will view the list of PST file that uploaded to Office 365 using MS Azure Storage Explorer
- Now you need to create the CSV file for mapping purpose
- Now, create a PST import job in the import service in Microsoft 365.
- Now your PST file has been successfully imported in Office 365
Method 3: Using Drive Shipping method
- Install & Open exe tool and get a storage key
- Use this tool and copy the PST file to hard drive
- Now, you need to generate a PST mapping file so as to migrate it to Azure storage area
- Next, you need to create an PST import job in Office 365
- At last, dispatch the hard drive to Microsoft to upload the PST file to Azure storage area
Method 4: Using Professional Methods for Importing PST File
Steps to Import PST File into Office 365 :-
Step 1: Install PST to Office 365 Migration software
Step 2: Now Choose the PST file that you want to import & click on start importing button to continue.
Step 3: Log in by entering User Name & Password and Upload Single or Multiple PST to Office 365. Click Connect to proceed
Step 4: Finally the import process completes and your PST files are successfully imported to Office 365 Account at your desired location.
Benefits of Professional Methods
Regain PST to Office 365 Migration tool is professional software that smoothly import Outlook PST file into Office 365. It also import PST file into Live Exchange Server including Emails, Contacts, Calendars, Tasks, etc. Here, I have listed some other features of Regain PST to Office 365 Migration tool below:
- Migrates Outlook PST email to Office 365 and Live Exchange Server easily
- Complete migration of Outlook PST file including Emails, Contacts, Calendars, Tasks, journals, attachments, notes, etc
- Provides filter option to import selective Outlook PST files
- Allows preview of entire email folders before importing to Office 365
- Preserve original folder hierarchy of Outlook mailbox while importing
- No file size restriction when migrating Outlook emails to Office 365
- Support all the versions of MS Outlook and MS Exchange Server
- Self-intuitive and easy to use GUI for importing PST to Office 365
It also offers you free trial version of this software which is absolutely fee of cost. You do not have to pay for it; it is available on the software official website. Go and download it & try it once it helps you in evaluating the features and working of the software. It also allows you to import 30 emails per folder at free cost. If you like it, you can purchase its licensed version to import limitless files without any disturbance.
To upload PST into Office 365, you can use various methods that are available. There are different procedures for this. You can use either a manual or an automatic approach. If you take my advice, then the automatic way will proves to be beneficial for you because in this you just need to download the software and import PST files into Office 365, this is the most easiest way as compare to the manual method which is long as well as time consuming.