Updated On - March 13, 2023 by Nasir Khan |Reading Time: 4 minutes
If you are looking for answers for your queries like “Can I forward mails from AOL to another account?”, or “How to migrate AOL emails to office 365?”, then this article would be a great help to read.
Why users want to switch from AOL to Office 365?
- Poor AOL support performance – not enough support provided by the communities to AOL application.
- Lack of ability to thread conversation messages
- Lack of labeling functionality
- Basic AOL email searching capability
- No email archiving capabilities
- AOL lacks the productivity tools and integration capabilities of an advanced suite like Office 365.
- AOL mail account does not work every time, is inaccessible at any time, users face immediate shutdown issues in the AOL mail client.
- AOL did not release any updates in years, hence using AOL mail client is a security concern as it cannot protect the user’s data from hackers.
Related Blog: Configure AOL Mails to Outlook
Benefits of Migrating to Office 365 from AOL Emails
- Office 365 is one of the most reliable security and support systems for businesses worldwide who use Microsoft Exchange services.
- Office 365 Business plans include Outlook which offers more flexibility than AOL.
- Office 365 is a cloud-based application that offers various other applications and services like MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, and OneDrive.
- Office 365 offers competitive features as compared to AOL.
- Microsoft Office 365 allows users to work from anywhere and anytime.
Manual Method – Using Office 365 Connected Accounts Feature
To forward AOL email to Office 365 using Office 365 connected accounts feature, perform the steps as:
- Login to your Office 365 account.
- Open Outlook Web Access (OWA).
- Click on the Settings icon > type ‘accounts’ in the search box > click ‘Connected accounts’ option.
- In the new page that appears, click + (add) icon to add a POP3/IMAP account to your Outlook mail.
- In the wizard that appears, enter the email ID and password of your AOL account > click OK.
- In the pop-up that appears ‘Connect your email account’ > click OK.
- Your AOL mail account gets added to the list of Connected accounts.
Once AOL account is configured with Office 365 account, you will be seeing all the AOL mailboxes and AOL emails in Office 365 account.
Related Post: Export AOL Contacts to Gmail
Perform AOL Mail to Office 365 Migration Using Outlook
Follow the below steps to move emails from AOL Mail to Office 365:
- Launch MS Outlook > click File.
- Click Add Account
- In the Add Account wizard, enter the basic details of the email account you want to configure, like Your Name, Email Address and Password.
- Click Next.
Your AOL mail synchronization in Microsoft Office 365 is completed.
Manual Steps to Forward AOL Email
Choose this manual method when you have only a few AOL emails to forward to Office 365 account. The inbuilt forward option of AOL Mail allows migrating one email at a time, hence is a very time-consuming method. Follow the below steps to forward AOL email to Office 365:
- Sign into your AOL account.
- Open the email that you want to forward.
- Click on the forward icon above the email.
- Fill in your Office 365 ID in the To
- Click Send to forward the email.
Limitations with Manual Methods of migrating AOL Emails to Office 365
- High chances of data loss and file corruption.
- Manual steps are complicated for non-technical users.
- Manual steps may vary with a change in the version of the application.
Related Blog: How to Backup AOL Mail to Hard Drive
Professional AOL to Office 365 Software
Since manual methods for migrating AOL emails to Microsoft Office 365 account has some limitations, we highly recommend using a professional third-party AOL to Office 365 converter software for accurate AOL to Office 365 migration. The tool migrates AOL emails and mailboxes to Office 365 account without any data loss. The software displays preview of all AOL email items before migrating to Office 365 account. Selective AOL mailbox migration to Office 365 account is one of the extra-ordinary feature of this tool that makes it different from others available in the market for AOL to Office 365 email migration.
The AOL to Office 365 migrator is fully compatible with all Windows operating systems. The self-descriptive graphical user interface of the software makes the AOL to Office 365 migration process much easier for even non-technical users. The tool is also available as a free demo version to let users check its capabilities before purchasing the licensed version.
This article discusses the manual steps for migrating AOL mails to Office 365 account. As manual process has some limitations, so it is highly recommended to use a professional AOL to Office 365 migration software for accurate and flawless migration. Check the capabilities of the software by downloading the demo version first, if satisfied then purchase the full licensed version without any limitation.