How to Import/ transfer Outlook Contacts to Gmail
Updated On - December 20, 2022 by Armaan |Reading Time: 4 minutes
With increasing use of Google Gmail for email conversation worldwide, users are migrating their contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail account. If you are looking for a way to import your Microsoft Outlook Contacts to Gmail account accurately, then you are at the right page for detailed information.
This article discusses the manual method as well as professional tool to import your Microsoft Outlook Contacts to Gmail account.
Need for importing Outlook Contacts to Gmail Account
- Migrating from desktop-oriented Microsoft Outlook app to cloud-based Gmail account.
- Consider a scenario where you or your organization is looking forward to implement Google Workspace as a central platform to work from and want to switch from existing Outlook to Gmail.
- Gmail is becoming the most trending email client for personal as well as business communication.
Related Blog: How to get Outlook contacts back from a backup file?
Importing Outlook contacts to Gmail
To transfer your contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail account consists of performing two steps:
Step 1: Export Microsoft Outlook Contacts as a CSV File
Perform the following steps to export MS Outlook Contacts as a CSV File:
- Launch Microsoft Outlook desktop app.
- Navigate to File > Open & Export > Import/Export.
- For Choose an action to perform, select Export to a file and then click Next.
- For Create a file of type, select Comma Separated Values and then click Next.
- For Select folder to export from, select the target account/mailbox, select the Contacts folder and then click Next.
- For Save exported file as, click Browse to select the destination folder, name the .csv file, and then click Next.
Note: If you have exported your Microsoft Outlook contacts earlier, the previous location and csv file name will appear automatically. If you don’t want to replace an existing file, make sure to give the csv file a different name.
- The window that appears says Export “Contacts” from folder: Contacts.
- Click Map Custom Fields to perform manual mapping and to control what information is saved to the CSV file.
- Click Finish.
- The export of contacts gets initiated.
To ensure that MS Outlook successfully exported all your contacts, open the newly-created CSV file in Excel to view the information.
Related Post: How to Import your Gmail Contacts to Outlook
Step 2: Import Outlook Contacts (CSV file) to Gmail
Perform the following steps to import MS Outlook Contacts to Gmail account:
- Login to your Google Gmail account with your credentials.
- At the upper-right corner of the page, click Google Apps icon, then click Contacts. Or directly visit your Google Contacts.
- On the left, under Contacts, click Import.
- In the Import contacts dialog box, click Select file and then select the CSV file exported from MS Outlook.
- Click Import.
On successful import of contacts from CSV file to Gmail, an All done success notification message appears. Click Undo in case you mistakenly imported wrong list of contacts.
Professional PST Converter Tool
Regain PST Converter tool is the professional tool to import your Microsoft Outlook Contacts to Gmail account. No need to perform the manual steps for importing Outlook Contacts to Gmail, just download, install and execute the simple steps using the third-party PST Converter tool and you are done with migrating your Outlook contacts to Gmail account.
Free Download100% Secure Buy NowPrice: $39
Have a look of the few eminent features of Regain PST Converter Tool
- Other than saving Outlook contacts to Gmail, the PST Converter tool imports contacts to Yahoo Mail, Outlook.com, GoDaddy, Amazon Workmail, Office 365, and Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Converts Outlook PST file to multiple formats including new PST, EML, EMLX, MSG, HTML, MBOX, VCF, ICS, PDF, TGZ, and Cloud Platform.
- Converts single or multiple Outlook PST files in a single go.
- Repairs corrupted, damaged or inaccessible Outlook PST files.
- No file size limitation for converting Outlook PST file.
- Recovers permanently deleted or lost emails from Outlook PST file.
- Export Outlook PST files along with all email attachments.
- Maintains the folder hierarchy, email properties, original formatting and integrity.
- Supports converting password-protected Outlook PST file.
- Displays preview of all convertible emails before saving.
- Supports converting old ANSI PST data to new Unicode PST data that can be imported to latest Outlook versions.
- Offers an easy-to-use, self-descriptive, easy-to-understand graphical user interface that makes importing Outlook contacts to Gmail account easier for even novice and non-technical users, no such technical skills required for performing the migration.
- Supports all versions of Microsoft Outlook – MS Outlook 2019, MS Outlook 2016, MS Outlook 2013, MS Outlook 2010, MS Outlook 2007, and MS Outlook 2003.
- Compatible with all Windows operating system including Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP.
- Supports Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2003 R2, and Windows Server 2003.
- Available as a free to download trial version. Free demo version will save only 30 items per folder. To save unlimited items per folder, purchase full licensed version of the software.
- Free lifetime technical support on purchasing full licensed version.
- Safe and secure to download and install, free from viruses and malwares.
Easy Steps to import Outlook Contacts to Gmail using PST Converter Tool
- Download, install and launch PST Converter tool.
- Browse and select Outlook PST file for scanning. Click Add File button to add Outlook PST files/folder for conversion process.
- The tool displays preview of all scanned mailbox items.
- Choose and select Destination Location and Target Format.
- Click Save Now button and save converted files.
For users looking for a way to import Outlook Contacts to Gmail, this article discussed the manual method to perform the migration. To avoid the manual method, this article also recommended using a third-party tool to import Outlook contacts to Gmail account in a professional manner. For the novice or non-technical user, the self-descriptive graphical user interface will assist performing the Outlook contacts to Gmail migration process in a much simpler way. The utility is available to give a try as a demo version, check the functionalities of the utility by downloading trial version first, if satisfied with the features and functionalities the PST Converter tool offers, purchase the full licensed version to avail complete functionality of the tool.
One thought on “How to Import/ transfer Outlook Contacts to Gmail”
I had no idea how to transfer my Outlook contacts to Gmail, but now I can do it easily. Thanks for this guide!