Updated On - July 12, 2023 by Nasir Khan |Reading Time: 4 minutes
Email messages are one of the best ways to talk to people in this high-tech world. It’s hard to imagine a world without the comfort of email. Because of this, a lot of people still use email services at work and in their personal lives. In this blog, we explain free manual guide to import PST files into Yahoo Mail.
Yahoo is one of the most well-known places to get free email. Not only that, but the Yahoo application also helps internet marketing companies send out emails for marketing. On the other hand, Outlook databases, like emails, contacts, schedules, notes, assignments, and more, are saved in PST files. The PST file is a well-known Microsoft file that can be used on almost every Microsoft platform.
This article will tell you about PST and Yahoo Mail and the different ways to import a PST file to Yahoo mail. It gives a detailed manual way to import PST files to Yahoo Mail and an expert way to do it.
Related Blog: How to Backup Yahoo Emails to PC?
Most common reasons to import PST to Yahoo Mail
You might want to restore PST to Yahoo Mail for many reasons. Every user may have a different reason, but most have the same. Some reasons why people often want to restore PST to Yahoo Mail are:
- The main reason is that Yahoo Mail is a webmail service, so it is always easy to get to from anywhere with internet access. On the other hand, PST files stay in this system, and you can only access them when you have access to the system.
- Yahoo Mail gives users 1TB of free storage space, and it’s enough space to hold a lot of emails without costing you a dime.
- By importing PST files into Yahoo mail, you can free up space on your system.
- If you have Yahoo Mail, you can use Flickr and Tumblr for free.
Two Simple Methods to import PST files into Yahoo Mail
Basically, there are two methods to move PST files into Yahoo mail. One is by creating an Outlook profile of Yahoo mail, and another one is by using an automated tool. So, let’s discuss both methods.
1st Method: Import PST files into Yahoo mail using Outlook
I’ve divided the manual method into two phases; the first phase describes the steps to create a Yahoo mail profile in Outlook, and in the second method, we’ll import PST files to Yahoo mail.
Phase1: Create Outlook profile of Yahoo mail
- Open the Microsoft Outlook app on your computer.
- Click Add account under the File tab.
- Now, choose “Manual Setup” or one of the other server types.
- On the Choose Service page, choose either POP or IMAP and click the Next button.
- Then, put in your Yahoo login information, including server information, as shown below:
- Type of Account: IMAP
- mail.yahoo.com is the incoming mail server.
- mail.yahoo.com is the outgoing mail server.
- Next, click on “More Settings.”
- Now, on the next page, choose the Outgoing Server.
- Mark My outgoing server needs authentication under the Outgoing Server tab. And choose the same settings as the radio button for “My Incoming Mail server.”
- Click on the tab that says “Advanced” and look at the details:
- IMAP Server for incoming mail: 993 or 143
- Encrypted connection from the server: SSL
- Outgoing Server (SMTP): 587 or 465
- TLS or Auto for an encrypted connection to an outgoing server?
- After you’ve done everything, click “Finish” and “Next.”
- Now, you have successfully set up your Yahoo Mail account. Now, close the window and press the OK button.
Related Post: How to Open PST files in Thunderbird
Phase2: Import PST file to Yahoo Mail
You can see your Yahoo emails in MS Outlook when Yahoo Mail is set up. Follow the steps below once you’ve linked both accounts.
- Click “File” in the top left corner of Outlook and choose “Open & Export.”
- Choose “Import from another file or programme” and click “Next.”
- PST is the type of file you should choose. So, choose the option for Outlook Data File (.pst) and click Next.
- Click the “Browse” button and then choose your file from the list. Choose the best option from the ones listed, based on what you need. Click “Next” to move on.
- Choose where you want to import your items, and then choose the linked Yahoo email address from the drop-down menu. Click on “Done.”
Why Shouldn’t you use Manual Method?
Everything works fine with the manual method, but I don’t suggest using it because of its drawbacks and the risk of data loss. Apart from this, manually, if you’ve several PST files to import into Yahoo mail, you cannot do that simultaneously. Hence, you’ve to repeat the same process over and over.
Also, Regain PST converter offers several advanced features that make the process effortless and even non-technocrats prefer this tool. Several businesspersons have this tool in their software tools as it can convert PST files to different file formats and cloud servers.
2nd method: Use Professional tool
- Install and open your system’s free Regain PST converter tool.
- Now, click on the Open option from the ribbon bar.
- Add PST files you want to import into the Yahoo mailbox.
- Click on the Cloud Migration option and select Yahoo mail.
- Provide Yahoo mail credentials and click Login.
- Now, all your PST files will start importing into Yahoo mail.
As you see, the process is simple, and Regain PST converter eliminates the risk of data loss and human error which make it the first choice for newbies. Using its free version, you can also check its other features and pursue the above steps.
Cloud email services are attracting users, and several organizations are moving towards it. After reading this blog, we hope you can also import PST files to Yahoo mail. We’ll also suggest having Regain Outlook PST converter tool to convert and import PST files into a cloud server and different popular file formats.