Published On - February 9, 2024 by Prakriti Malsuni |Reading Time: 4 minutes
Hotmail is one of the earliest email clients that was acquired by Microsoft in 1997. Over the years, Hotmail upgraded to Outlook, but the Hotmail domain is still in the market. If you are a Hotmail user and want to recover Hotmail emails, this blog is for you. Though the topic seems a little bit complicated, yet, this blog will touch all the dimensions and make it simple. Read this blog till the end and learn how to recover Hotmail emails from Outlook.
Do you want to recover the Hotmail Account?
If you have no more accessibility to your old Hotmail emails and you want to recover the account, then read the below steps:
- We have to use the “Microsoft Account Recovery Form” for this.
- It will require two-step verification. Must enable two-step verification.
- For this, go to account.live.com/acsr.
- Enter the Hotmail email address that you want to recover.
- Provide an alternate email address where Microsoft can contact you.
- Finally, enter the unique characters to verify.
After doing all the steps, wait for Microsoft’s reply. Usually, Microsoft takes 24 hours to get back to you.
Let’s Know How to Connect Old Hotmail Account with Outlook
Users can add a Hotmail Account with Outlook, as we connect any other email to an Outlook desktop client. Steps are:
- Launch Outlook and go to settings.
- Now, click on the “sync Email“.
- Go with the “Other email accounts“.
- Enter the Hotmail address and password to link with Outlook.
Steps to Recover Hotmail Emails from Outlook That Are Deleted:
If your Hotmail is connected with Outlook and somehow you got your emails deleted then follow the below-given steps to restore.
- Open Outlook and sign in.
- At the left pane, you will find the “Deleted Items” tab; make a right-click.
- Select “Recover Deleted Items” to recover Hotmail emails from Outlook.
- You will see the deleted items within the “retention period” here.
- If you do not find emails here, then it indicates that your emails are permanently deleted.
Do we have any other option?
Yes, it is possible to recover Hotmail emails from Outlook if you have synchronized Hotmail to Outlook and you have PST files; it doesn’t matter if they are corrupted. Restoring emails from the .pst files is possible. In other words, we can say, you can simply recover Hotmail emails from Outlook PST files using a professional third-party tool ( Regain Outlook PST Recovery Tool). Learn about a professional utility that recovers emails from corrupted PST files.
- Regain Outlook and PST Recovery Tool can recover emails from severely corrupted files.
- There is no restriction on the size of the PST file.
- Similarly, you can recover multiple PST files using this professional utility.
- You can save the recovered emails in multiple formats like PST, EML, MSG, MBOX, etc.
- Moreover, you can also export PST to Office 365, PST to Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Exchange Server et cetera.
- Regain Outlook PST Recovery Tool is compatible with all Windows versions.
- If you want to run a test with the software before purchasing a license, then you can check the software’s efficiency by downloading the demo version.
Steps to Recover the PST File:
- Firstly, install and launch the Regain Outlook PST Recovery Software.
- Now, add the PST file (Add Outlook Files) that you want to recover.
- The software will scan and recover the PST file. You can preview the recovered items.
- Select the target file format, browse the target location ( provide destination path), and click on the Convert Now button.
- The export process will start, and you will get a completion message sooner.
This blog has explained all the possible ways to recover Hotmail emails from Outlook. You can retrieve the Hotmail account if two-factor authentication is enabled. If you have just deleted emails, you can restore them from Outlook’s deleted folder, but if emails are not in the deleted folder, they are permanently deleted. You can’t recover the permanently deleted emails. If you have taken the backup in the PST file and your PST file is not accessible, then using the professional tool, you can recover the Hotmail emails from Outlook.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Ques1. I don’t have a recovery email or mobile number. Can I recover my Hotmail account?
Ans. Yes, there is a chance to recover the Hotmail account. Visit the Microsoft recovery page and select “I don’t have any of these tests”. Provide an alternate email, verify through CAPTCHA, and provide the other details related to the previous Hotmail account. Now, Microsoft will verify, and if permitted, then Microsoft will offer you to create a new password.
Ques2. My PST files with Hotmail emails got corrupted due to oversize; now, even after recovery, how will I manage the PST size?
Ans. The software offers an option to split the resultant PST file to answer this issue. You can set the size for the resulting file by providing the size limitation.
Ques3. Will I get the same email data with the attachment after recovery through the Regain Outlook Recovery Tool?
Ans. Yes, you will get the original data without altering the file. The originality of the PST file will remain intact.
Ques4. Can I check the software efficiency before purchasing the license?
Ans. Yes, you can. The free demo version will recover the software and you can preview the recovered email items. The demo version will process 30 items per folder.