Updated On - November 16, 2023 by Henry Bray |Reading Time: 6 minutes
Without a doubt, MS Outlook is the most widely used email client used by endless users worldwide. It offers high-end performance and great features. On the other side, it also has a few drawbacks. It is very common these days that you encounter 0x800ccc0e error Outlook. In this blog, we learn how to fix this error.
If it happens to you, there are chances that you may have come across the common 0x800ccc0e Outlook error, which means a conflict with the Outlook client. This error code is very common in Microsoft Outlook clients in your Windows, and you don’t know how to fix this error. As a result, you will notice the sluggish performance of MS Outlook when you get this error message. Hence, you cannot receive/send emails and also delete previous email messages.
Try Regain PST Splitter tool for breaking large and huge size Outlook PST file. Download Here
Try Regain PST Merger Tool to merge or combine multiple pst files into one PST file. Download Here
Not only MS Outlook but also Windows Mail and Microsoft Outlook Express also get the Outlook error 0x800ccc0e. You sometimes get this error message when you have to send an email during account setup.
Tips and tricks to fix Outlook error code 0x800ccc0e
Causes of Error 0x800ccc0e
Error 0x800ccc0e in MS Outlook is typically related to issues with the email configuration or connectivity problems. Here are some common causes of this error:
- Incorrect Email Account Settings: Incorrect settings such as the wrong username, password, or server information can lead to error 0x800ccc0e.
- Firewall or Antivirus Blocking Outlook: Sometimes, the firewall or antivirus software installed on your computer may block the outgoing or incoming email connections, causing the error.
- Internet Connection Issues: Unstable or unreliable internet connections can disrupt the communication between Outlook and the mail server, resulting in error 0x800ccc0e.
- Corrupted Outlook Data File: If the Outlook data file (PST or OST) becomes corrupted or damaged, it can trigger various errors, including error 0x800ccc0e.
Impact of Error 0x800ccc0e on MS Outlook
Error 0x800ccc0e can have several negative impacts on MS Outlook and its functionality
- Inability to Send or Receive Emails: This error can prevent you from sending or receiving emails, which can be highly inconvenient and disrupt your communication.
- Outlook Performance Issues: The error may cause Outlook to become slow or unresponsive, affecting your productivity and user experience.
- Data Loss or Corruption: In some cases, error 0x800ccc0e can lead to data loss or corruption in the Outlook data file, resulting in missing or inaccessible emails, contacts, or other important data.
Common Scenarios where the Error Occurs
Error 0x800ccc0e can occur in various scenarios, including:
- Setting up a New Email Account: When configuring a new email account in Outlook, entering incorrect server or login information can trigger this error.
- Sending or Receiving Emails: The error can occur when attempting to send or receive emails if there are issues with the email server or the connection between Outlook and the server.
- Firewall or Antivirus Interference: If your firewall or antivirus software is blocking the communication between Outlook and the mail server, the error can occur.
- Outlook Startup or Operation: Sometimes, error 0x800ccc0e may occur during Outlook startup or while performing certain operations within the application.
How to Fix Outlook 0x800ccc0e Error Code
When using the Microsoft Outlook client, it is very common for you to encounter this error message. You might find it almost impossible to crack this error code. Outlook 0x800ccc0e error is one of the inevitable error codes. You should follow these tricks to fix this Outlook error message –
Related Post: Free Guide to Repair OST file manually
Disable Antivirus Software
Sometimes antivirus program causes serious conflicts. It can keep the action of receiving/sending emails, and it can cause other errors. Hence it is recommended to disable the antivirus program while receiving/sending emails. Disable the antivirus temporarily if you see the error 0x800ccc0e and see whether the error is fixed.
Disable Outlook add-ins
If you have installed any add-in on MS Outlook, it may be causing trouble in the form of this error message. It would help if you disabled the add-in before sending or receiving this email message. If an error is fixed, it means the faulty add-in you are using should be removed.
Look for Malware/Virus
As you know, virus/malware is very harmful to your system. It is one of the obvious reasons for any problem. So, it would help if you start by checking for malware/viruses always on your system. Be sure your system is fine and free from any malware or virus. Also, use an Antivirus system to avoid malware or virus attacks. Also, use the in-built Outlook repair tool to repair corrupt registry files.
Look at Email Settings
Email providers generally perform routine maintenance of their servers and add more new settings. It can cause unexpected changes in your email. It may take place when email settings stop working with recent changes made by the email provider. So, it would help if you found out whether email settings are right or not. Correct them if they are not to fix 0x800ccc0e error Outlook.
Remove Duplicate Email Accounts
Duplicate email accounts can also cause conflicts and Outlook error 0x800ccc0e code. So, be sure to remove duplicate accounts, if any. Here are the steps to do so –
- Click the Tools tab on the main menu
- Click Accounts and go to the Mail tab
- Select duplicate account and click the Remove button
Restart MS Outlook and find out whether the error is fixed or not.
Repair MS Outlook Email Client
The Outlook installation might be corrupt. This is why you are getting this error code. Fortunately, you can have a default option for Outlook repair. Repair Outlook email client and see if a problem is fixed.
Increase server timeout setting
You can fix the Outlook error 0x800ccc0e by modifying the Server timeout setting. You can use the following steps for this work:
- First of all, open “Outlook.”
- Visit “File” >> “Info” >> “Account Settings” >> “Account Settings”
- After that, select the desired account and click “Change.”
- Now you need to select the “More Settings” option and press the “Advanced.”
- Increase the “server timeout” settings until the error is resolved.
SMTP server settings
The 0x800ccc0e error Outlook can also be caused by the SMTP server settings and email configuration settings. We have described 2 methods below to modify the SMTP settings, which will help you resolve this issue.
Method 1: Modify the outgoing server settings
- Visit “Outlook” >> “File” >> “Account Settings” >> “Account Settings”.
- Under the “Email” tab, you need to select an email account and then double-click on it.
- Now a new dialogue box will appear; select “More Settings.”
- On the “Outgoing server” tab, activate the check box “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication“. Click OK.
Restart Outlook and check if the errors persevere.
Method 2: Modify the server port number
- Step by step move to “Outlook” >> “File” >> “Account Settings” >> “Account Settings”.
- Under the “Email” tab, you need to select an email account and then double-click on it.
- When a new dialogue box appears, select “More Settings.”
- After that, click “Advanced” tab, write the value for Outgoing Server (SMTP) as 587.
- At last, click “OK.”
Additional Tips and Tricks
- Clearing Outlook Temporary Files: Clearing the temporary files in Outlook can help resolve various issues, including error 0x800ccc0e. To do this:
- Close Outlook.
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type “%temp%” (without quotes) and press Enter.
- Delete all the files and folders in the Temp folder that opens.
- Restart Outlook and check if the error persists.
- Running SFC (System File Checker): Running the System File Checker utility can help fix corrupted system files that may be causing the error. To run SFC:
- Open the Command Prompt as an administrator.
- Type the command “sfc /scannow” (without quotes) and press Enter.
- The utility will scan and repair any corrupted system files.
- Once the scan is complete, restart your computer and check if the error is resolved.
When facing MS Outlook Error 0x800ccc0e, it is highly recommended to utilize a professional third-party PST repair tool. Regain PST recovery tool is specifically designed to handle complex Outlook errors and efficiently repair corrupted or damaged PST files.
This professional PST repair tool offers advanced features and algorithms that can effectively scan, diagnose, and repair issues within the Outlook data file. It can resolve errors like 0x800ccc0e and recover inaccessible or lost emails, contacts, attachments, and other mailbox items.
By utilizing Regain PST repair tool, you can save time, effort, and potentially avoid data loss caused by the error. Remember to follow the instructions provided by the software vendor and always back up your Outlook data before performing any repairs to ensure the safety of your valuable information.
MS Outlook Error 0x800ccc0e can hinder your email communication and impact the performance of Outlook. By understanding its causes and implementing the suggested tips and tricks, such as clearing temporary files, creating a new profile, using Safe Mode, running SFC, and considering professional tools like Regain PST Repair, you can effectively troubleshoot and fix Error 0x800ccc0e. Remember to take preventive measures and seek technical assistance if needed to ensure a smooth and uninterrupted experience with MS Outlook.