How to Repair inaccessible Outlook PST File?
Updated On - January 16, 2023 by Henry Bray |Reading Time: 5 minutes
Among a large number of users, Microsoft Outlook is one of the most active. Personal Storage Table (PST) files are used by Microsoft Outlook to store Outlook information like emails, contacts, events, attachments and many more things.
As we all know, PST file is use by MS Outlook to stores all data information about Outlook customer and any loss or corruption of PST file, user can not access emails and their related data.
Most common Outlook PST Corruption Reasons
Network malfunctions, hardware equipment failures, power failures due to an unexpected shutdown, malware infection, corresponding value corruptions, software failures, proxy server or other software interference, fluctuations in power supply, large-sized unmanageable PST, incorrect file system recovery, bad sectors in the hard drive, malicious software, and other factors could all be to blame for Outlook PST corruption practices.
Related Post: How to Repair Outlook OST File?
Below, you will find a brief description of some common and popular issues.
Sudden Shutdown: Any unexpected closure of Microsoft Outlook while activity is underway in the Outlook program may prevent correctly preserving the data in PST files, resulting in a mismatch the next moment you view the file, resulting in an error while viewing the PST file.
Malware attacks: Virus attacks, often known as malware software, are the most prevalent source of crime. A virus is a piece of software that can damage the PST document.
Hardware problems: Any technical or hardware disruption to the component of the system containing PST files might result in PST file damage.
Manual Ways to Repair Inaccessible Outlook PST File
First, we will discuss some primary and manual solutions. If you have some basic knowledge of this sector, then it will be the best process for you to get additional fixes.
1. Launch Outlook in safe mode.
Users can resolve the problem by entering outlook.exe/safe into the Run dialogue box (hit Windows + R) and clicking OK.
It will launch the Outlook program in safe mode, allowing users to view their PST files. Opening Outlook in safe mode properly also suggests that data inaccessibility is caused by unpredictable Outlook Add-ins, which may be deactivated by going to File > Options > Add-ins, then Manage COM Add-ins, and clicking Go against them. All the add-ins will be shown; pick them all and click the Disable button to disable them. Next, reboot Outlook and see if the PST information is repaired.
2. Modify the Server Timeout Duration.
Several Outlook timeout issues can be fix by extending the server timeout interval. To extend the server timeout duration, follow these instructions:
- Launch the Outlook program and go to Account Settings.
- Choose the impacted email account and then press the Change button.
- Next, on the Account Settings screen, select More Settings.
- Press the Advanced tab in the new window, Internet Email Settings.
- Lastly, increase the server timeout duration before clicking OK.
3. Check the Internet configuration and firewall configuration.
Incorrect Internet settings and firewall settings might possibly be the root of the crisis. The user may verify if the settings are correct and also shut off any unwanted apps that are operating in the background.
4. Use the built-in facility of ScanPST.exe.
Microsoft includes a program called ScanPST.exe that checks and repairs Outlook PST files. This program is also known as the “Inbox Repair Tool.” This utility can only repair PST files up to 2 GB in size, and it takes a long time to complete the repair procedure.
Before beginning the repair process with the ScanPST.exe utility, be sure that the Outlook application is not open. The option to show hidden files, folders, and drives is enabled under the View tab of the Folder Settings dialogue box in Windows File Explorer. This option should be selected since the ScanPST.exe file is frequently inaccessible due to its status as a secret document. Follow the below steps.
- To find the utility, navigate to your system’s C drive or another drive and type ScanPST.exe into the search box.
- Press Browse button to open Microsoft Inbox Repair tool screen to upload PST file from the device directory.
- After the file has been uploaded, press the Start button to begin the PST scanning procedure.
- Issues are supplied when scanning is completed. To create a backup, tick that box and then select the Repair feature.
- The restoration technique will take several days to complete, so consumers will have to wait.
In this way, there is a chance that you can repair inaccessible Outlook PST file. But as these above processes are completely manual, there is a chance of data loss, and if you do not have much experience, then the best method for you is to use Professional tool.
Repair inaccessible Outlook PST file with Regain Outlook PST Recovery tool
If you agree to use a tool, then the Regain Outlook PST Repair software could be the best choice for you. It has an excellent interface, an easy process, various facilities, and many more. This tool allow you to save PST file into many other email formats such as EML, MSG, MBOX, HTML, VCF and many more. And enable user to transfer Outlook PST data to Office 365, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Amazon Work and Exchange Server.
Free Download100% Secure Buy NowPrice: $39
The Benefits of Regain Outlook PST Repair tool
- It can repair PST files that are corrupted or inaccessible with just a few simple clicks.
- With this tool, you have the opportunity to convert PST files into multiple formats, such as MBOX, EML, EMLX, VCal, VCard, etc.
- Import PST file to Gmail, Office 365, Yahoo, Godaddy and many more
- Recover permanently deleted Outlook emails
- You don’t need to worry about any data loss during repair or conversion using this tool.
- This tool support all MS Outlook and Windows versions.
- Use free version to save 30 items per folder at free of cost
2 thoughts on “How to Repair inaccessible Outlook PST File?”
I’d been suffering for weeks with an inaccessible PST file and was about to give up. I’m very delighted I came upon this article. The step-by-step instructions made it possible for me to fix the file. Following to step 4, I utilized the ScanPST program, which helped me.
Thanks for the useful post! I’ve been looking for a way to repair my PST file, and this guide has been really helpful in pointing me in the right direction.