Updated On - December 23, 2023 by Henry Bray |Reading Time: 6 minutes
Due to its extensive features, Microsoft Outlook has cut a good figure in the email communication field. But often, it throws some technical bugs. “An Unknown Error Occurred, Error Code 0x80040119” is one of the common outlook errors that users have reported to the support center.
Have you ever fought with this “0x80040119” error? Below, we have added an image that indicates the pop-up window of the error. Keep reading because you will get knowledge about the most likely causes of the issue as well as appropriate solutions.
Some probable reasons why you are getting the Outlook error 0x80040119
After reading a few forums, we have noticed that most of the time, this error occurs with email accounts using the IMAP protocol. As a consequence, users fail to send and receive further emails. This leads to other issues. Following, we have added more probable reasons.
- Connectivity issues with the mail server
- wrong configuration during office installation.
- Any recent setting changes in registry items?
- A malicious attack in the Outlook program file directory
- excessive size of PST files.
- corruption in Outlook data files. PST or OST.
Note: These aren’t the one and only reasons. There is a long list of reasons that differ from person to person according to the scenario. Actually, it should be the primary reason for you to know why you are receiving the error so you can properly fix it.
Possible workarounds to fix the MS Outlook Unknown Error Occurred, Error Code 0x80040119
Examine your account settings and resolve any connectivity issues
Many users use email accounts with third-party providers like Gmail, and that’s mainly why the error occurs. In this scenario, repairing the account is the best and easiest solution. Let’s see how it can be done.
- Firstly, open Outlook and go to the File tab.
- Click on the “Account settings” button and then it will display its pop-up window.
- In that window, stay on the “Email” tab and select the email associated with the error. Press the mentioned button to start the repair.
- If the program detects an error, it will repair itself and you will be able to correct the problem.
If it doesn’t help, try a different approach.
Fix the improper office installation
Are you sure you haven’t configured any wrong settings during the Office installation on your PC? Any improper settings can cause the 0x80040119 error. If you are unaware of any settings, simply repair your Office installation from the ‘Programmes and Features’ option. Let us see the actions.
- Foremost, reach at your computer’s ‘programme and feature’ option. For that you can launch the ‘run’ command. Applying the shortcut key ‘windows’ and then ‘R’ type “appwiz.cpl” in the command field and press the “OK” icon same as the following image.
- However, you can also paste the following address into your file explorer.
- After that, the Programs and Features window will appear. From there, find Microsoft Office.
- Click the right button of your mouse on it and pick the “change” option, and then allow the app to make the changes by clicking “Yes”.
- Afterwards, the repair wizard will appear, and you should run the “quick repair” option.
- Wait for a few moments. When it completes, check if it is fixed or not.
Related Blog: Tips and Tricks to Fix MS Outlook Error 0x800ccc0e
Repair Outlook’s heart (.PST or .OST)
We hope you are quite familiar with the terms PST and OST as you are a regular user of Outlook, which is why we skipped the definition of these terms.
Being the data files of Outlook, we can consider these files the heart of Outlook. As usual, any corruption of these files can create the MS Outlook 0x80040119 issue. However, the PST and OST files can get corrupted in many ways, and being oversized is a widespread cause.
Now we will focus on how we can repair a PST or OST file to fix the 0x80040119 error. Microsoft has talked about their inbuilt solution, Microsoft’s ScanPST.exe. You can use this default tool. Let’s see how.
- First, recall to exit Outlook and all other related applications.
- Then locate “scanpst.exe” and run it. However, you can also download the tool from Microsoft’s official site and run it.
- After launching it, allow it to scan for the PST files to find the errors. For that, click on the “browse” option and specify the location of the PST files. For any found errors, it will recommend possible fixes.
- You can use its “repair” option to fix your corrupted files.
An Automated tool to Fix Outlook Error 0x80040119
Nevertheless, we will not endorse this tool in this post. Since it is so fundamental that it fails to fix the majority of problems. We will strongly promote the Regain Outlook PST Repair software, which has both a repair and a recovery facility that is more than enough.
You don’t need to be a technician; it’s an easy and user-friendly workspace suitable for all. Within a few clicks, you can repair your multiple damaged PST files, which is more effective and beneficial. This tool repair all types of errors in MS Outlook. This tool not only repair Outlook PST file, it can save PST files into many other email format. It can import PST files to Cloud platforms as well like Gmail, Office 365 etc.
In this blog, we learn about Outlook Error 0x80040119 and the possible reasons for this error. And explain some manual solutions to fix this Outlook Error 0x80040119. If the above solutions did not help you to fix the error, there is a probability that your PST file is corrupted. To repair your corrupt PST file you can use Regain Outlook PST Recovery tool. Now it is up to you, which solution will help you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques1. Can the Regain Outlook recovery tool fix other errors in Outlook than Outlook error 0x80040119?
Ans. Yes, the Regain Outlook recovery tool is developed using an advanced algorithm, which makes this tool capable of fixing all types of Outlook errors without any hassle.
Ques2. I don’t have Outlook but have some PST files of Outlook 2003 version. Can I use your tool to fix them?
Ans. Yes, our tool is compatible with all versions of Outlook, including Outlook 2003. Apart from this, you can use our tool with any Windows Operating system.
Ques3. How many times can I use your tool once I purchased it?
Ans. The software comes with perpetual licensing, which means you only need to purchase the tool once and can use it for a lifetime without making any investment. We also offer free updates of the tool, which you can get for free.
Ques4. Do I need any technical setup or assistance to use your tool in manner to resolve Outlook error 0x80040119?
Ans. No, we have provided a user-centric GUI to the tool, due to which even novice and non-technical users can use the tool without any technical assistance.