How to Migrate Lotus Notes Mailbox to Outlook
Updated On - December 1, 2022 by Nasir Khan |Reading Time: 6 minutes
Summary: Lotus Notes to Outlook Migration becomes simple for the users with this blog, having two different solutions. Here, users can select any method by examining and evaluating both methods as per their requirements. We will also discuss different needs of Lotus Notes to Outlook converter and then suggest an easy and harmless way to Migrate Lotus Notes Mailbox to Outlook.
Lotus Notes is one of the strong & secure email clients used by a business organization. However, it becomes very difficult for users to deal with it every day because users need a simplified interface application. But when Microsoft comes with MS Outlook, Lotus Notes users have found a better option.
Lotus Notes Mailbox to Outlook Migration for various reasons such as :–
- Outlook is a cost-effective application that charges lower maintenance costs as compared to Lotus Notes.
- Microsoft Outlook provides better security features and files protection, while Lotus Notes does not.
- Outlook is a user-friendly application that suits all types of users, whether technically skilled or not. Still, the Lotus Notes application is less user-friendly as it requires technical expertise to handle it.
- Microsoft Outlook is a part of the MS office suite, whereas Lotus Notes is a standalone application (need to purchase).
- Outlook has a large data storage capacity; moreover, data management features are comparatively superior then Lotus Notes.
After reading the above points, you must have understood why users want to shift from Lotus Notes to Outlook platform. So let us now try to know what solutions are available to us to Migrate Lotus Notes mailbox to Outlook easily.
Related Post: How to Open NSF Files in Thunderbird?
Simple ways to Export Lotus Notes emails to Outlook PST file
Before we proceed to the solutions to migrate mailbox data from Lotus Notes to Outlook, you must focus on a few important things. As you already know, NSF is a file format used by Lotus Notes for data storage, whereas Outlook uses PST format. Due to the different file formats of these two email clients, you cannot access Lotus Notes NSF file directly in Outlook. Since MS Outlook does not support the NSF file, you need to convert NSF file to PST file format. You can use either a manual method or a third-party ‘Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter tool’ for this task.
Migrate Lotus Notes Mailbox to Outlook PST file Manually
Let us begin with the manual procedure to convert Lotus Notes emails to Outlook for free:
- Launch and open the Lotus Notes application.
- Go to ‘File’ option, click ‘Open’ and then again click on ‘Louts Notes Application’.
- In the Open Application window, find the required NSF file and click ‘Open’. The selected NSF file opens.
- Now, go to the ‘File’ menu, and click the ‘Export’ option.
- On the ‘Export’ dialogue box, Browse and choose the point where you wish to save the files.
- After that, choose Comma Separated Value format for the file.
- Now, a CSV Export dialogue box will open. Select the required options from ‘How much to export’, ‘Export Character Set’ and ‘Detail to incorporate’ sections. After selection, click OK.
Congratulations, now you have successfully saved NSF files from Lotus Notes to CSV file format in the defined location. Now you need to import this intermediate CSV file into MS Outlook.
- Open the ‘MS Outlook’ program and visit the ‘File menu.
- Now, click ‘Open & Export, and then click ‘Import/Export’.
- Import and Export Wizard dialogue box appears. From the options, select ‘Import from another program or file’. Click ‘Next’.
- In the ‘Import a file’ dialogue box, select ‘Comma Separated Values’ as file type and click ‘Next.
- Click ‘Browse’ and select the path to the ‘CSV file’ that you previously created with the Lotus Notes ‘Export’ command. You can choose the options as per your preference.
- Select the Outlook folder where you want to import the data and click ‘Next.
- Select the specified check box in the ‘Import a File dialogue box and tap the ‘Finish’ button.
After following this manual method, you can succeed in transferring your data from Lotus Notes to Outlook.
However, in many cases, this manual solution fails due to several issues such as:
- Only technical experts can handle this manual method as it has a long and complex process.
- If NSF files exceed the size of 1 GB, this manual method fails to convert Lotus Notes emails to Outlook.
- Calendars entries may show issues and slow down the Lotus Notes to Outlook conversion process.
- When you use the manual solution, remember that your entire data is at the risk of corruption.
- There is a high possibility of errors if the process is not handled correctly.
It is recommended to use professional tools as they are built to protect your database surely. There are certain decent tools available on the web, but you might not find it easy to choose a single tool as a first time user. Therefore, professional help is probably the best way to convert Lotus Notes to Outlook email. But you don’t have to worry because we are here with the best tool.
Regain Lotus Notes to Outlook Migration – Professional Tool
Regain NSF to PST Converter is a professional tool for Lotus Notes to Outlook migration, which works smoothly on all versions of Windows without failure. It was built to make conversion of Lotus Notes to Outlook PST format easy so even a beginner can execute the process smoothly. This tool is designed for the quick and safe transfer of Lotus Notes emails to Outlook without any risk of data corruption or loss. It takes care of vital email files and protects against any threats. Here are some of the reasons to choose this tool.
Free Download100% Secure Buy NowPrice: $49
Why Choose Lotus Notes to Outlook Migration tool?
There are different reasons why you should go with this tool. Here are some of the best ones –
- Convert Lotus Notes messages, emails, contacts, journals, calendars, events, tasks, profile info and other data to PST smoothly.
- Very easy to operate and use for even first time users or beginners.
- Self-explanatory step-by-step process to convert Lotus Notes mailbox to Outlook
- Smooth and user-friendly interface to transfer IBM Lotus Notes files to PST flawlessly.
- Smooth bulk conversion of files from Lotus Notes to Outlook PST files without any limitation.
- Smoothly convert NSF files to several formats like MSG and EML without any change.
- Export large NSF databases to PST without missing any important information
- Split larger PST files into smaller files for better management and storage.
- No data modification is guaranteed after or during Lotus Notes to Outlook migration.
- Compatible with all Domino Server, MS Exchange, MS Outlook and Lotus Notes
- Free updates and support with full licensed version
If you have been reading this now, you may have understood what Lotus Notes to Outlook converter can do. These were some of the important features of the tools, so you can easily understand what you can get with this tool. It is easy to use, reliable and fast. You can rely on it as it can save even the most classified emails without any loss.
Benefits of using Lotus Notes to Outlook Migration tool –
- Error-free and Flawless Conversion- This tool is fully responsible for securing your email files in all NSF to PST operations. It doesn’t make a change to your original email files in Lotus Notes to NSF, MSG or EML conversion. It also preserves the original hierarchy of the email database.
- No Performance or Lag problems- It is a powerful and fail-safe tool. So, you will never have any performance, lag or glitches while using it. It is well programme with a powerful algorithm which makes it a reliable and best tool.
- Bulk/Multiple NST to PST files conversion- If you have many files or an old database, you will be happy to use this tool. It is design so well that it can handle a huge amount of data. You can convert the whole database with a few steps in bulk. You can choose several NSF files and convert the same in one click.
- Supports multiple formats for conversion- This program has been built to convert PST formats and others for MS Outlook. You can easily and smoothly export NSF to MSG and EML formats which can support other email tools. It is known to be a very effective tool to improve the availability of email databases.
- Smooth Transition of Emails- The feature of Email transition is very effective and handy when moving Lotus Domino Server and NSF to Live Exchange and Office 365. You can change your email address easily as per the email in the destination server.
- Folder Mapping – With this facility, you can easily migrate files from one folder to another. It is a useful tool to migrate the mailbox folder from Lotus Notes to Outlook’s Inbox folder. The tool needs you to map the items and store the same in a corresponding folder that you like.
- See the preview of data – It also has the option to preview files you want to convert before converting them. This way, you can ensure that you know all the files before converting from Lotus Notes to PST. This way, you can have added security for the conversion of data.
Be sure to try Regain NSF to PST Converter for free. The free demo version is here to understand the overall process and functionality of this tool. With this version, you can easily convert the first 30 files to each folder free of cost, so you know how it works. You can easily upgrade to the full version once you are happy with the free version.
One thought on “How to Migrate Lotus Notes Mailbox to Outlook”
Extremely helpful guide! It’s written in a clear and concise manner, making it easy to understand how to migrate Lotus Notes data safely. Kudos to the author for outlining all of the necessary steps!