Updated On - April 27, 2022 by Nasir Khan |Reading Time: 4 minutes
Whenever there is a need to migrate Lotus Notes to Outlook, it’s become necessary to convert NSF files to PST because Lotus Notes supports NSF file format. In contrast, Outlook stores its important data in PST file format. MS Outlook provides flexibility, a wide range of advanced features, and extraordinary service facilities to its users. Many organizations (small and large) may find the Outlook application more useful. There are various methods to import NSF files to different Outlook versions like Outlook 2019/2016/2013. You can use a free manual solution to export NSF to PST or use a professional third-party solution; it depends on you which option you choose. Still, let us discuss both these methods for migrating Lotus Notes to Outlook with its detailed process.
Native Method to Import Lotus Notes to Outlook 2019/2016/2013
Let’s first talk about a manual solution for transferring Lotus Notes NSF file data to Outlook. The manual method is classified into a two-step process. The user first exports Lotus Notes file data into a CSV file, and then in another step, a user needs to easily import saved CSV files into the Outlook application.
Note: You are advised to keep a backup copy of the NSF file before starting the manual process, as data loss is possible during this process.
Exporting NSF File Data to CSV File
Follow the steps by steps instructions given below to export the Lotus Notes data to a CSV file.
- Launch Lotus Notes application. Click on File > Open > Lotus Notes Application.
- An Open Application windows will displayed on your screen. Here, click Browse option to add Lotus Notes NSF file and click Open.
- Now, go to File menu and then click Export.
- Now, in the Export window, select the Comma Separated Value format for the file. And, click Export.
- In the next CSV Export window, choose the required options. And, Click OK.
- The NSF file data get saved to the CSV file at the specified location.
Importing CSV File to Outlook 2019/2016/2013
In this step, you need to import the CSV file created in the first step to your Outlook (2019, 2016 or 2013) by just following the given instructions.
- Launch Microsoft Outlook application. Go to File Menu > Open & Export > Import/Export.
- In, Import and Export Wizard dialogue box, choose Import from another program or file, And click Next.
- Now, select Comma Separated Values option as a file type and click Next.
- Click Browse to add the CSV file created earlier to import. Select options replace duplicate items and click Next.
- Select the Outlook folder to save the NSF data from the CSV file. And click Next.
- Now, just click Finish to complete the import process.
- It is possible to import by manual method, but it imports only one NSF file at a time, without any assurance of complete data transfer. It can prove to be helpful in some situations, but it has many limitations too. Some of which are given below–
- The manual method is very complicated and tedious for a novice user.
- This process is very time-consuming and fails to migrate the entire data.
- It might cause corruption in the NSF file if not handled carefully.
- The manual process does not support selective conversion.
- It converts only one NSF file at a time, due to which the process gets lengthy.
Suppose you want to import your IBM Lotus Notes to Outlook without any trouble and data loss. Then Regain NSF to PST converter tool is the best solution for this Lotus Notes to Outlook migration. Just download the free demo version of this software for free of cost from the website and experience the non-stop migration of Lotus Notes to Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, etc.
Migrating Notes to Outlook with Regain NSF to PST Converter
1. Launch the Regain NSF to PST Converter. Select the input.
2. Now, select the NSF file, which has to be imported.
3. On the screen you will see that file is still scanning. Wait for a moment.
4. Here, you will see the preview of scanned convertible NSF file on the screen.
5. Here, you are required to choose the file format from the given option and destination to save it.
6. Finally, your converted NSF data has been successfully imported Into PST format.